ADVERTISEMENT

How much would you be willing to pay Brad stevens?

What would be the amount you’d be willing to pay brad stevens?

• 9 mill - no more than cal

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • 10-12 mill slight bump for the best

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • 13-17 mill just pay the man

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • 20 mill just get it done idgaf

Votes: 21 25.3%

• Total voters

Rupp'sRunt

All-American
Apr 19, 2008
If brad stevens were to consider UK seriously what number would you be ok with seeing on a per year basis? This is obviously totally hypothetical. Brad stevens currently makes 3.3 mill a year for the Boston Celtics and is in a front office role. Maybe he gets the itch to coach again and UK says name your price, how much is too much? Would you be ok with breaking the bank? Shams mentioned him on a UK short list.

go forth and prosper.

It’s not worth considering, because there’s not a chance in hell it would ever happen. Stevens probably won’t ever coach again, and if he does, it’ll be in the NBA.

The dude is the boss of the entire Celtic organization …you know, the team presently on the verge of reaching the NBA Finals? He ain’t giving up that gig to go be a college coach.

Last edited:
If brad stevens were to consider UK seriously what number would you be ok with seeing on a per year basis? This is obviously totally hypothetical. Brad stevens currently makes 3.3 mill a year for the Boston Celtics and is in a front office role. Maybe he gets the itch to coach again and UK says name your price, how much is too much? Would you be ok with breaking the bank? Shams mentioned him on a UK short list.

go forth and prosper.
I think UK's next hire should be a younger guy, a possible gamble.

one-milliondollars-dr-evil.gif

It’s not worth considering, because there’s not a chance in hell it would ever happen. Stevens probably won’t ever coach again, and if he does, it’ll be in the NBA.

The dude is the boss of the entire Celtic organization …you know, the team presently on the verge of reaching the NBA Finals? He ain’t giving up that gig to go be a college coach.

Plus, I’m not sure he’d even be a good fit at UK …for reasons he himself has admitted.
He might get the coaching itch back and for the right $$$. Also I get running the Celtics is a cushy job but he’s young and maybe he gets bored after playing GM for a while.

Just f***ing stop!! I'm so tired of people throwing out his name. He will never come here, not for a billion dollars. He is rich and is an NBA executive, he turned down IU which was his college dream job. He won't come here ever, neither will Jay Wright or Billy Donovan

Stop peddling unrealistic options. Its a waste of time

He might get the coaching itch back and for the right $$$. Also I get running the Celtics is a cushy job but he’s young and maybe he gets bored after playing GM for a while.
If he ever gets the “coaching itch” back, it’ll be an NBA job.

Stevens has honestly admitted that he did not like the recruiting part of being a college coach (and he never did land any highly ranked recruits, btw), and that it was a factor influencing his decision to get out. If he didn’t like recruiting before, then I guarantee he’d dislike it even more in the NIL era.

Your scenario is never gonna happen. He’s done with college ball.

Imagine in 5 years.. '"We're paying this man 20 million and all he got us was 1 Final 4?!"

Maybe we shouldn't throw money at the "next big thing". I'm also not convinced that he's college basketball's savior like some think. Gordon Hayward was WAY too talented to be in that conference, and it certainly helped Butler make 2 deep runs. What else did they do?

And that's not to say Brad Stevens isn;t a great coach.. but people here are still looking for that "3 national championships/7 Final4s" type unicorn.. and with how college basketball is setup, the corruption, and the 64-team tournament.. it's just not going to happen.

Reactions: cdbearde
Just f***ing stop!! I'm so tired of people throwing out his name. He will never come here, not for a billion dollars. He is rich and is an NBA executive, he turned down IU which was his college dream job. He won't come here ever, neither will Jay Wright or Billy Donovan

Hey now! Dreaming is all we have to enjoy at the moment. So just let us pretend we can give him $1 billion (which I think you're wrong, he would take that. It's a billion dollars) and be back on top of college basketball.

Musselman?
Musselman is going to be 60 in the blink of an eye. No. I'm talking about a very young coach like Golden at Florida. It's a gamble but I think he works out. It sure worked out at Florida when the took a very young Donovan.

Reactions: Cawood86

TIL ppl on RR don’t know what hypothetical means.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Who is this "you" to whom you refer?

The people who actually have the influence, power and money to make these decisions have no interest whatsoever in replacing a hall of fame coach who has run an exceptionally clean program, has been to more Final Fours and Elite Eights in the past dozen years than any other coach, and who has a pre-season Top Five team coming back.

But keep deluding yourself that a bunch of malcontent crybabies are having an impact on the program.

Who is this "you" to whom you refer?

The people who actually have the influence, power and money to make these decisions have no interest whatsoever in replacing a hall of fame coach who has run an exceptionally clean program, has been to more Final Fours and Elite Eights in the past dozen years than any other coach, and who has a pre-season Top Five team coming back.

But keep deluding yourself that a bunch of malcontent crybabies are having an impact on the program.
A) HYPOTHETICAL
B) I wouldn’t be so sure cal Is unreplacable his seat is definitely at least warm.

Reactions: delk4three
Musselman is going to be 60 in the blink of an eye. No. I'm talking about a very young coach like Golden at Florida. It's a gamble but I think he works out. It sure worked out at Florida when the took a very young Donovan.
Not a bad approach, at least we would get a year or two to see him in action more than likely....meaning at a higher profile school than USF.

Tommy Lloyd is in late 40's. Still pretty young. I like idea of Musselman too (maybe) but he isn't much younger than Cal.

Stevens is only 45 though...

All of it makes me nervous though. The way the sport is changed you can become irrelevant as a program in the drop of a hat.

Reactions: cdbearde
NBA guys aren't going to come to the college ranks especially when they're a success like Stevens is.

I think a lot of people need to face the reality that with the way the college game has changed (NIL, transfer portal) it's not going to be as desirable of a choice for the best of the best. It's why I'm sure you'll see Jay Wright in the NBA within a year or two but never in college.

Reactions: UK90 and cdbearde
You mean the guy who DID NOT come here out of high school? Thanks for helping to prove the point.
No the guy that wanted to come here, was basically forced to go to WVU, then jumped at the first chance to play for Cal. That guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT