ADVERTISEMENT

How much would you be willing to pay Brad stevens?

What would be the amount you’d be willing to pay brad stevens?

• 9 mill - no more than cal

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • 10-12 mill slight bump for the best

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • 13-17 mill just pay the man

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • 20 mill just get it done idgaf

Votes: 21 25.3%

• Total voters
No the guy that wanted to come here, was basically forced to go to WVU, then jumped at the first chance to play for Cal. That guy.
That's FALSE. Oscar didn't even say that. He said Kentucky was his dream school. He didn't say Cal was his dream coach.

“When it came time to sign, I don’t know where my mind was,” Tshiebwe said back in June. “… I was always like, even when I played for West Virginia, ‘I wish I could play for Kentucky, that was my dream school.’ (My mom) didn’t like that, she was like, ‘Why didn’t you make your move the first time?'”

“I didn’t know anything about college basketball,” said Tshiebwe. “The first time I came to the U.S., we stayed in a school dorm and everyone – my teammates when we were living together – everybody was talking about Kentucky. Every time Kentucky was on TV, we were watching Kentucky.”

At first, the 6-foot-9 center didn’t understand why his teammates turned on the television when Kentucky played, but not when other colleges such as Duke and North Carolina took the floor. Their answer? “Kentucky is a school that’s like professional basketball.”

Tshiebwe’s eyes lit up, quickly responding back, “Wow, I probably need to go there.”

That's FALSE. Oscar didn't even say that. He said Kentucky was his dream school. He didn't say Cal was his dream coach.

“When it came time to sign, I don’t know where my mind was,” Tshiebwe said back in June. “… I was always like, even when I played for West Virginia, ‘I wish I could play for Kentucky, that was my dream school.’ (My mom) didn’t like that, she was like, ‘Why didn’t you make your move the first time?'”

“I didn’t know anything about college basketball,” said Tshiebwe. “The first time I came to the U.S., we stayed in a school dorm and everyone – my teammates when we were living together – everybody was talking about Kentucky. Every time Kentucky was on TV, we were watching Kentucky.”

At first, the 6-foot-9 center didn’t understand why his teammates turned on the television when Kentucky played, but not when other colleges such as Duke and North Carolina took the floor. Their answer? “Kentucky is a school that’s like professional basketball.”

Tshiebwe’s eyes lit up, quickly responding back, “Wow, I probably need to go there.”
Watch his interviews after he won all the awards. Then get back to me.

Just f***ing stop!! I'm so tired of people throwing out his name. He will never come here, not for a billion dollars. He is rich and is an NBA executive, he turned down IU which was his college dream job. He won't come here ever, neither will Jay Wright or Billy Donovan

Stop peddling unrealistic options. Its a waste of time
But, according to our fans we can get anyone. Signed Billy Donavan

Stevens or not, I despise seeing the defeatist mindset from some on here about potential coaching candidates…

“So and so wouldn’t leave ______ to be UK’s coach!”

“He’s never leaving ______ to coach in college again!”

If you’re an UK fan, and think that lowly of one of the top jobs IN ALL OF SPORTS, then you haven’t been paying attention.

No the guy that wanted to come here, was basically forced to go to WVU, then jumped at the first chance to play for Cal. That guy.
LOL at “forced”. How did that supposedly happen, did Huggins have a gun to his head?

Can we stop with the Brad Stevens nonsense. He's not leaving a premier NBA franchise for a college job, no matter the college. UK basketball is not the top destination for a basketball coach despite what people here think.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
But worthy enough to shit on evidently...

dxwHVKu.png

Stevens or not, I despise seeing the defeatist mindset from some on here about potential coaching candidates…

“So and so wouldn’t leave ______ to be UK’s coach!”

“He’s never leaving ______ to coach in college again!”

If you’re an UK fan, and think that lowly of one of the top jobs IN ALL OF SPORTS, then you haven’t been paying attention.

Uk hired tubby and coach g. Not like uk has been getting great candidates when openings occur of late. Cal was good through 2020 but last 2 years he has been awful.

Can we stop with the Brad Stevens nonsense. He's not leaving a premier NBA franchise for a college job, no matter the college. UK basketball is not the top destination for a basketball coach despite what people here think.
Agree with everything but UK not being a top destination is just nuts. It might not be for everyone. UK will throw money around to not fail. The Cal stuff will work itself out with some pain.

It's whatever for me.... this is a professional league now. Lets spend $$$ on the players woooooooo

Reactions: cdbearde
LOL at “forced”. How did that supposedly happen, did Huggins have a gun to his head?
His handlers. Oscar is on record says he cried every day there and didn’t care about playing he was so depressed. It’s all well documented

His handlers. Oscar is on record says he cried every day there and didn’t care about playing he was so depressed. It’s all well documented
Maybe he regretted his decision or took some bad advice, but he was not “forced” to choose WV. He had plenty of offers and was free to choose whichever he wanted.

Maybe he regretted his decision or took some bad advice, but he was not “forced” to choose WV. He had plenty of offers and was free to choose whichever he wanted.
Take 15 minutes and read some of his interviews.

Barney better be prepared to pay the next coach more than any coach in the game. Probably by a few million

Now we are going to hire our coaches from Indiana, I'll have to see it to believe it. I would pay him 1 dollar.

What does where they come from have to do? Rupp was from Kansas. 1 coach in our history was actually from Kentucky.
1901 in Kansas or 1976 Indiana still different in my book, but not really. Brad just doesn't have the stomach to come back to College. Whoever we hire is totally off the radar now, I do believe that.

Reactions: cdbearde
Some of the same fvckers saying Stevens won't come for triple his salary are the same ones saying Cal won't retire because of the money. So, which is it? Does the money matter or not?

Reactions: LowCountryCat
Uk hired tubby and coach g. Not like uk has been getting great candidates when openings occur of late. Cal was good through 2020 but last 2 years he has been awful.
Tubby was a hot commodity and won a championship mostly with Rick’s players his first season.

BCG was a major gamble that could have paid off, but Mitch wanted someone in fast and cheap. Following Calipari (if it’s still Mitch), it’s a proven fact, UK is able and willing to pay top dollar, and you know the old saying about money.

He's been doing double duty for a while, but now he's apparently moved on to triple duty. Or am I the only one who noticed that his posting rate picked up significantly two weeks ago when kl40504 went radio silent?
I would welcome any moderator on this sight to if possible post anyone who has multiple accounts. That’s a list I wouldn’t be on. But I bet it would surprise you who all would be.

I would welcome any moderator on this sight to if possible post anyone who has multiple accounts. That’s a list I wouldn’t be on. But I bet it would surprise you who all would be.
I would personally like to see the mods remove every single poster who is running a sock account

Reactions: Ed323232
He's been doing double duty for a while, but now he's apparently moved on to triple duty. Or am I the only one who noticed that his posting rate picked up significantly two weeks ago when kl40504 went radio silent?
I would personally like to see the mods remove every single poster who is running a sock account
how about the people who register one day and come in hot and single out posters.

Who is this "you" to whom you refer?

The people who actually have the influence, power and money to make these decisions have no interest whatsoever in replacing a hall of fame coach who has run an exceptionally clean program, has been to more Final Fours and Elite Eights in the past dozen years than any other coach, and who has a pre-season Top Five team coming back.

But keep deluding yourself that a bunch of malcontent crybabies are having an impact on the program.
You don't ever get tired of the Cal kool aid do ya....gulp gulp gulp

I think UK's next hire should be a younger guy, a possible gamble.
Brad Stevens is 45 years old. He's got a good 20+ years of coaching ahead if him if he wanted it. He's a proven commodity. We could legitimately Hire him for something in the 5-7 million range and that would have to be extremely tempting to lure him away from a cushy front office gig in the NBA.

When UK is at its best, there is no other Coaching job in College or Professional that compares. Some might argue Kansas, UCLA, UNC or Duke and Maybe the Celtics or Lakers in the NBA, but He's already done the Celtics thing. Honestly, he would be my first call if I were Mitch and the opening came available. Make him say no first.

Reactions: Cawood86
ADVERTISEMENT