ADVERTISEMENT

How much will Mitch offer Hurley?

8+. Fine by me if it's 10 for 5 years. He's not leaving but gotta make the biggest offer possible.
With conference realignment and the guarantee of the sec getting stronger vs big East, it's worth the shot. Whatever self is making plus 15-%

Reactions: Fox2monk
UConn will match it. He’s about to be the second coach in modern history to win back to back titles. He’s ain’t leaving.
Even if they don’t match it they will come close enough. No one leaves after you go back to back. Would be nuts. Def gotta give it a shot tho. I was not overly sold on Drew, but if Wright, Donovan, Oats and Hurley all turn us down, I can live with Drew being one of the next best options.

UConn doesn’t have football money to subsidize the basketball program. We do. And we need to use it all.
Damn straight we do. There is no reason to spend any money we don’t have to on football at this point. We will never compete in this conference, especially now.

Why leave UConn? Back to back titles, they've won a total of six after tonight and they don't have a toxic fan base like UK. The last 40 years they've won more titles than UK. The only reason would be money, and if he's anything like his dad, that won't be enough

I am hopeful no one has been offered yet. It would be in poor taste to offer someone the day the are playing for a natty. Give him tomorrow to celebrate. Get him here Wednesday.

It won't matter. Not with two titles. Who has left a premier sports organization after winning two titles, to make what's pretty much a lateral move? And you better believe Uconn is about to pay him just about whatever he wants.

He's not leaving. He's a God there now.

Mitch just spent 15 years dealing with a brash hothead.

You really think he wants to spend even 5 minutes with another one, even if it means winning?

He's going to go for the Mayberry sheriff on this one and hire Drew.
This is exactly why the next move after Cal's exit is official should be to shitcan Mitch

Reactions: mailman85
UConn university is subsidizing their athletics about $30+ per year. They can't afford a significant increase over the current $5M/year they are currently paying.

K and Billy both did it in the shot clock/3 pt era. What do you consider “modern”?
NIL, transfer portal, 4 out basketball, 5 out basketball, analytical shot selection, physical defense becoming illegal.

Are you playing dumb or do you eat crayons for lunch?

The game has obviously changed dramatically in the last 5-10 years from what it was in the 90s and 00s

Would you also get on a message board and pretend like modern football is the same as football when decapitating receivers and quarterbacks was allowed ?

UConn university is subsidizing their athletics about $30+ per year. They can't afford a significant increase over the current $5M/year they are currently paying.
They could see a cash influx from all of the Northeast bandwagon Duke fans becoming bandwagon UConn fans.

Look at barstool sports, out of nowhere 40% of the on air talent are “long time” UConn fans.

Lotta Michigan Football, UConn Basketball fans out there right now, damndest thing.

NIL, transfer portal, 4 out basketball, 5 out basketball, analytical shot selection, physical defense becoming illegal.

Are you playing dumb or do you eat crayons for lunch?

The game has obviously changed dramatically in the last 5-10 years from what it was in the 90s and 00s

Would you also get on a message board and pretend like modern football is the same as football when decapitating receivers and quarterbacks was allowed ?
I think you don’t remember 2007. It was much more similar to the CBB landscape of 1992 than 2024. Those Florida titles don’t match your definition of modern. Sorry to point out how stupid you sounded, but there’s no need to get upset.

I think you don’t remember 2007. It was much more similar to the CBB landscape of 1992 than 2024. Those Florida titles don’t match your definition of modern. Sorry to point out how stupid you sounded, but there’s no need to get upset.
What are you talking about I listed all the differences that separate modern basketball from the basketball of 90s and 00s.

Put the booze bottle down and work on your reading comprehension.

I was disagreeing with the poster I quoted who was arguing in favor of Donovan’s titles being applicable in modern basketball, when they are not. Coaching in 2024 is worlds different than coaching in 2007, ask 61% win percentage CCC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT