ADVERTISEMENT

How much longer Calipari?

Please retire!

Yx9y5iY.png
He will when he’s ready and not before.

Reactions: jauk11
Lmao. Dude he's gonna have a top class no matter what year he leaves. The results are all that matters.
Nothing like this years class. Unless you manage to run some of them off.

Lmao. Dude he's gonna have a top class no matter what year he leaves. The results are all that matters.
I hope you enjoy beating your head against a brick wall. But you might get rd of some great talent.

I hope you enjoy beating your head against a brick wall. But you might get rd of some great talent.

At some point, you can't just rely on recruiting classes. Build a roster that compliments one another. I'm so glad you're more worried about another #1 class rather than actually winning. Bc we don't do a whole lot of the winning anymore, if you haven't noticed.

Everyone who wants Cal gone do you know good bye #1 class next year ? I mean how can anyone want Cal gone right now knowing you have one of the best incoming classes of all time ?

I get it you are all mad at Cal but if he went this would be bad timing we have to at least get through next year and see how this class does.
Horrible take! CCC will not be successful again! He’s been exposed! Open your eyes man!

Delusional...ain't going to change...just look back the past 7 years and see all of the 5 stars that Cal had and still could not beat anybody but JV teams.
Not true. ‘17 was a great team. ‘19 and ‘20 were great teams. Last season was a 2 seed.

You have the right to hate. You don’t have the right to your own facts.

I think we will be very good next year. A huge infusion of talent is exactly what we need.

2 man team last year. 2 man team this year.

3rd consecutive season with no point guard.

That all changes next year.

But we have a lot of basketball to play this season.
No, it won't change next year. When are you going to learn? We say this crap every year "wait til next year". Just stop.

You think a bunch of overrated high school kids are going to come into todays college game and win? The parity in college ball these days is a lot thicker than it was in 2013/14.

I'm telling you now, next years team will struggle to make the tournament too.

Everyone who wants Cal gone do you know good bye #1 class next year ? I mean how can anyone want Cal gone right now knowing you have one of the best incoming classes of all time ?

I get it you are all mad at Cal but if he went this would be bad timing we have to at least get through next year and see how this class does.
Go watch Xavier and Ohio State for all I care.

We think the next class is going to be great every year. Collins, Boston, Ugo, Askew, etc… are prime examples of what we see every year, which is a bunch of kids that are overrated.

I don't give a shit about next years class. If Cal can't win games with the roster he has now, how the hell is he going to win with a bunch of overrated freshmen?

When are you going to learn that Cal is not the coach you think he is? Do you understand what it takes to blend a team together and compete against veteran teams at this level? I don't think you do.

I think he will retire in 4 or 5 years. He’s in no danger of breaching contract The discussion of firing him is a huge comedy on the part of fans. It’s completely unaffordable and totally impractical. After firing, you need more millions to hire the next coach which will get gutted like the last three.

Serious about getting rid of him? Pony up 10 grand with several thousand friends and write a check.
He’s back, dude any solutions to this shit show? All you do is respond with your same drivel, never do you suggest doing something different. Ground hogs day.

Not true. ‘17 was a great team. ‘19 and ‘20 were great teams. Last season was a 2 seed.

You have the right to hate. You don’t have the right to your own facts.
The only one of those relevant to comparing to next year is '17 as far as dependence of freshman. That team had an unguardable PG, elite shooter at SG (also confident enough to keep shooting when Cal got tight) and a very physical big in Bam.

Next year will be weaker at all 3 of those spots. Edwards will be an upgrade at SF over Briscoe. PF is an unknown, although I would not bet against Cal having promised Bradshaw he can play outside some and will team him with UGO. We will be a team likely built almost exclusively on dribble penetration on offense and rim protection defense. Hard to see a young, non-physical, limited 3pt shooting, and limited post team competing for a championship. You would have to have Livingston back (at the 4) along with Reeves and Thiero to get in that discussion. And part of that would be a HC that is willing to not start very highly ranked freshman.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
He’s back, dude any solutions to this shit show? All you do is respond with your same drivel, never do you suggest doing something different. Ground hogs day.
Just stating facts. Contracts are contracts. The drivel is from those that obviously still can’t except that reality

Just stating facts. Contracts are contracts. The drivel is from those that obviously still can’t except that reality
that is fair but I have read most of your posts and you never ever state what Cal should do, should not do just attack. The talent this team has should not be 14-7 and also Cal did recruit this team.

Cals not going to win a damn thing with that class . But I do want him to stay and coach it so all his “nuthangers” will see that his days of being able to win because he has superior talent are long gone too .After this year and the disappointing year next year , there will be hardly any Cal supporters left .
His only supporters he has left are a few straightup dumbasses. BBN as a whole wants him gone now; not after next year. Other than this board, I can find no-one in the real world who's still supporting the clownshow that is cal. He's pretty much universally despised

I feel like we are all in a labor camp.

Just spending our days breaking big rocks into little rocks.
I got out of this prison a long time ago.
The prison guard is very powerful because the warden gave him an almost irrevocable line of authority.
Shame on the warden.
Application:
Pound the rocks of insanity, or fly out the coop.
Just call me Big Bird.

Reactions: UKortho
Oh, I’m not convinced the next group can play college basketball any better than this bunch. Thing is that anyone that understands basketball already knows that. Anyone that actually makes decisions about the program knows that. Listening to malcontents pissing and moaning will not trigger the expenditure required here.
As soon as those pissing and moaning malcontents turn into dead-silent seats you'll find out how much weight the fans have

Don’t worry. You (apparently) have about twelve other teams you can follow.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Oh, I’m not convinced the next group can play college basketball any better than this bunch. Thing is that anyone that understands basketball already knows that. Anyone that actually makes decisions about the program knows that. Listening to malcontents pissing and moaning will not trigger the expenditure required here.
We will see . I believe Calipari will leave after next year on his own accord .

Cals not going to win a damn thing with that class . But I do want him to stay and coach it so all his “nuthangers” will see that his days of being able to win because he has superior talent are long gone too .After this year and the disappointing year next year , there will be hardly any Cal supporters left .
So the 14th year of number #1 or #2 classes that go nowhere is going to be the year they finally catch on?

No, really it won't. The histrionics here and the vomitus on twitter really don't amount to anything. You have to get real about the conversation that would have to take place.

(Hypothetical conversation.)

Booster: Mitch, we're all pissed off on Rafters. We want to win. You KNOW how important rafters is, right?

Mitch: Sure. Umm, we'll need about 40 - 60 million to separate the existing coach, get a new one in place and NIL around for some new players. Might run more.

Booster: Yeah, I like that do it.

Mitch: Sure. You and about 4000 - 6000 of your buddies chip in about 10 grand a piece as we can look into this. Oh, and by the way, it might not be any better win wise, but we can get you a new face.

Booster: That's funny Mitch. You want how much?

Mitch: Somewhere between 40 and 60 mill should do it. Maybe a bit less. Or more. You do realize the guy is fully compliant with his contract and lawyered to the teeth? These modern coaches..... No more napkins..

Booster: You want $10,000 of MY money?

Mitch: Not just you. Of course not. Several thousand of your buddies too.

Booster: But we're RAFTERS!!

Mitch: I understand. You guys get your financing in order and get back to me. Meanwhile, John and I have a thing in about 10 minutes. Great conversation. Have a mint.
You have some wild imagination. Damn

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I think we will be very good next year. A huge infusion of talent is exactly what we need.

2 man team last year. 2 man team this year.

3rd consecutive season with no point guard.

That all changes next year.

But we have a lot of basketball to play this season.
will not change much at all
Wagner, Edwards & Bradshaw are thin and will be pushed around.
Thye have not played against players their equal every game and will struggle
if ccc doesn't add a bunch of shooters, next year wil be worse.
Oscar will be gone & so will the rebounding, leaving another hole to fill

will not change much at all
Wagner, Edwards & Bradshaw are thin and will be pushed around.
Thye have not played against players their equal every game and will struggle
if ccc doesn't add a bunch of shooters, next year wil be worse.
Oscar will be gone & so will the rebounding, leaving another hole to fill
You could prove to be correct? But Cal is going to be here next year and so are these recruits. And they are an upgrade.

Oscar I don't know about. Some say he will return. Some say he won't. I've heard his NIL money is north of $2 mil. I don't know if that's true either. I have no idea what his NIL money is.

I say Cal has run his course here. But I also don't believe he thinks that nor is he going to leave.

We're not done with this season yet and I think we will continue to improve. Then I'll be get concerned about next year. But just looking ahead for a minute that class is impressive.

I've heard a lot of negative about Dillingham too. Don't know if that's a concern.

We always have a good recruiting class coming in tho. If this was the criteria well then Cal isn't going anywhere lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT