How much longer Calipari?

CatPhight

All-American
Nov 15, 2008
Beaver Lick
Please retire!

Yx9y5iY.png

Atleast another year, he isn’t leaving before next years class
Does any educated basketball fan expect him to do anything with next years class?

I don’t.

Look at Duke this season. It takes a good coaching staff to mold players into a team. They have the players, but youth combined with not such great coaching = lots of losses. A lot of how next year will look here.

Does any educated basketball fan expect him to do anything with next years class?

I don’t.

Look at Duke this season. It takes a good coaching staff to mold players into a team. They have the players, but youth combined with not such great coaching = lots of losses. A lot of how next year will look here.
Youth, subpar coaching and no shooting plus the skinniest collection of big men does not sound like a winning formula.

I don’t.

Never said I expect him to be good, they should be I’m not expecting it either, I am just saying he is leaving until after next year at the earliest

Reactions: TM2013
I think we will be very good next year. A huge infusion of talent is exactly what we need.

2 man team last year. 2 man team this year.

3rd consecutive season with no point guard.

That all changes next year.

But we have a lot of basketball to play this season.

Reactions: studentcat
I think we will be very good next year. A huge infusion of talent is exactly what we need.

We will lose 10+ games next year and won’t make it past the sweet 16 .

Everyone who wants Cal gone do you know good bye #1 class next year ? I mean how can anyone want Cal gone right now knowing you have one of the best incoming classes of all time ?

I get it you are all mad at Cal but if he went this would be bad timing we have to at least get through next year and see how this class does.

Everyone who wants Cal gone do you know good bye #1 class next year ? I mean how can anyone want Cal gone right now knowing you have one of the best incoming classes of all time ?

I get it you are all mad at Cal but if he went this would be bad timing we have to at least get through next year and see how this class does.
Next year next year blah blah blabbity blah

No offense but I bet the team he recruited will have hard time making three-pointers and will suck at foul line.

Bc a 1 year bandaid (and that’s if it pans out) doesn’t fix his coaching issues and we will be right back to where we are. Long gone are the days of getting 4 top 10 guys yearly….

^^That and a lot of ppl don’t think he will win with a top class either given what we’ve seen the last 5 years. The 9 win team had 3 NBA draft picks

My personal hope is that he has it in his head that next year is his last oohrah and he wants to coach 1 last fab 5 freshman heavy 1nDone type class and go out his way….that he’s here next year and we get to see if he can still make magic w a big class playing his outdated bully ball drive heavy style that only works of the refs put you on the line 30+times and then everyone moves on.

2010-2015 it was very common for teams to shoot 30+ freethrows and the other teams shoot on the 20s. There was a whistle almost every other trip down the floor. The game hasn’t been officiated as tightly since about 2016-17…so forcing contact and flipping a bad shot up hoping the ref bails you out isn’t winning basketball today unless you’re Coach K or in Phog Allen…Cal sure as heck isn’t getting those calls

Next year depends on who returns. The incoming class by itself is not Going to be beating anyone of note.

Adios to the #1 recruiting class. 🤷‍♂️ Cal needs to leave like tonight, regardless who we have coming next year. He’s always going to have good recruiting classes coming in so using that logic, he will never leave. The sooner some of y’all realize he will never win anything of significance here again, the better. My question is, when do Cal supporters finally see him for what he is? What is it going to take?

Don’t know how anyone cannot see the sooner the better, for the program. Not picking on you. Lots are saying the same. If Cal had somehow left for whatever reason after 15, I’m betting this board wouldn’t be as divided as now, and our win total would be better. We would have found our coach, and we will after he really leaves. He isn’t UK. We are. The fans that demand better are the catalyst here, always have been. When that dies, the program dies.

I think he will retire in 4 or 5 years. He’s in no danger of breaching contract The discussion of firing him is a huge comedy on the part of fans. It’s completely unaffordable and totally impractical. After firing, you need more millions to hire the next coach which will get gutted like the last three.

Serious about getting rid of him? Pony up 10 grand with several thousand friends and write a check.

I think he will retire in 4 or 5 years. He’s in no danger of breaching contract The discussion of firing him is a huge comedy on the part of fans. It’s completely unaffordable and totally impractical. After firing, you need more millions to hire the next coach which will get gutted like the last three.

Serious about getting rid of him? Pony up 10 grand with several thousand friends and write a check.
Don’t you have anything else to do Ellen?

Next year depends on who returns. The incoming class by itself is not Going to be beating anyone of note.
Yeah. I just hope Toppin and Wheeler don’t return.

I think Livibgston returns. Maybe even Oscar?

But even if no one returns Cal will fill out the roster.

And that infusion of talent will make us better.

We are a 2 man team now. And no point guard.

Next year is better.

You may be right about all of this . If so , it’s gonna get REAL ugly.

Cals not going to win a damn thing with that class . But I do want him to stay and coach it so all his “nuthangers” will see that his days of being able to win because he has superior talent are long gone too .After this year and the disappointing year next year , there will be hardly any Cal supporters left .

Delusional...ain't going to change...just look back the past 7 years and see all of the 5 stars that Cal had and still could not beat anybody but JV teams.

Cals not going to win a damn thing with that class . But I do want him to stay and coach it so all his “nuthangers” will see that his days of being able to win because he has superior talent are long gone too .After this year and the disappointing year next year , there will be hardly any Cal supporters left .
He can leave after this year and take them all with him wherever he goes, I don’t care. Rick’s 14-15 season, or whatever it was, was fun. I’m ready for fun again.

Quit chumming the waters.

Reactions: TM2013 and yoshukai
You may be right about all of this . If so , it’s gonna get REAL ugly.
No, really it won't. The histrionics here and the vomitus on twitter really don't amount to anything. You have to get real about the conversation that would have to take place.

(Hypothetical conversation.)

Booster: Mitch, we're all pissed off on Rafters. We want to win. You KNOW how important rafters is, right?

Mitch: Sure. Umm, we'll need about 40 - 60 million to separate the existing coach, get a new one in place and NIL around for some new players. Might run more.

Booster: Yeah, I like that do it.

Mitch: Sure. You and about 4000 - 6000 of your buddies chip in about 10 grand a piece as we can look into this. Oh, and by the way, it might not be any better win wise, but we can get you a new face.

Booster: That's funny Mitch. You want how much?

Mitch: Somewhere between 40 and 60 mill should do it. Maybe a bit less. Or more. You do realize the guy is fully compliant with his contract and lawyered to the teeth? These modern coaches..... No more napkins..

Booster: You want $10,000 of MY money?

Mitch: Not just you. Of course not. Several thousand of your buddies too.

Booster: But we're RAFTERS!!

Mitch: I understand. You guys get your financing in order and get back to me. Meanwhile, John and I have a thing in about 10 minutes. Great conversation. Have a mint.

No, really it won't. The histrionics here and the vomitus on twitter really don't amount to anything. You have to get real about the conversation that would have to take place.

(Hypothetical conversation.)

Booster: Mitch, we're all pissed off on Rafters. We want to win. You KNOW how important rafters is, right?

Mitch: Sure. Umm, we'll need about 40 - 60 million to separate the existing coach, get a new one in place and NIL around for some new players. Might run more.

Booster: Yeah, I like that do it.

Mitch: Sure. You and about 4000 - 6000 of your buddies chip in about 10 grand a piece as we can look into this. Oh, and by the way, it might not be any better win wise, but we can get you a new face.

Booster: That's funny Mitch. You want how much?

Mitch: Somewhere between 40 and 60 mill should do it. Maybe a bit less. Or more. You do realize the guy is fully compliant with his contract and lawyered to the teeth? These modern coaches..... No more napkins..

Booster: You want $10,000 of MY money?

Mitch: Not just you. Of course not. Several thousand of your buddies too.

Booster: But we're RAFTERS!!

Mitch: I understand. You guys get your financing in order and get back to me. Meanwhile, John and I have a thing in about 10 minutes. Great conversation. Have a mint.
Possibly. But thats not what I mean when I say ugly. You and I are on the same page about how AAU has ruined incoming basketball players and their fundamentals. That said, I’m sure not confident this next bunch of “hotshots “ coming in are going to have the season some are expecting. I’m expecting Cal to get even more criticism than now .

Lmao. Dude he's gonna have a top class no matter what year he leaves. The results are all that matters.

Possibly. But thats not what I mean when I say ugly. You and I are on the same page about how AAU has ruined incoming basketball players and their fundamentals. That said, I’m sure not confident this next bunch of “hotshots “ coming in are going to have the season some are expecting. I’m expecting Cal to get even more criticism than now .
Oh, I’m not convinced the next group can play college basketball any better than this bunch. Thing is that anyone that understands basketball already knows that. Anyone that actually makes decisions about the program knows that. Listening to malcontents pissing and moaning will not trigger the expenditure required here.

Yeah. I just hope Toppin and Wheeler don’t return.

I think Livibgston returns. Maybe even Oscar?

But even if no one returns Cal will fill out the roster.

And that infusion of talent will make us better.

We are a 2 man team now. And no point guard.

Next year is better.
UK has a PG----he just hasn't been used as such....

His name is Cason Wallace.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT