ADVERTISEMENT

How is Matt Jones good for our program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, he sold KSR (website) to Stuart McWhorter of 24/7 Sports fame. But, it was still the same business model as Travis/Outkick.
NYT Bestseller? Well, Donald Trump just released a new book and it's a NYT Best Seller. Hillary Clinton did as well. Everyone has a book out these days and they are all "NYT Best Sellers". It doesn't mean nearly as much as it once did. Publishing companies are very wise in how to create the illusion of a best seller. Do you know five people who have read MJ's book?
The most iconic creators innovate and lead with new approaches and solutions. They quite literally do reinvent the wheel (or "will" as you say).

And yeah, I did post my opinions, just like you. I base mine of interactions and first hand knowledge of the guy.
Not saying MJ hasn't been successful, he obviously has. But, so has Howard Stern (whom you mentioned as a idol of MJ) and he's a complete douchebag. Coincidence?
Random radio hosts from Kentucky don't become NYT bestsellers like Jones did even if it is simply an "illusion". I can rattle of plenty of people I know who have read MJs book. Most of whom disagree completely with MJ's political views. If everyone has a bood out these days, where is yours?

I never said some people don't offer innovations but that is more in line with technology and not a radio show. There really isn't much you can do to innovate a radio show though Matt did something unique with his text line. He was innovative when blogging first started which is why his website is a success. He took some stuff from Barstool but he also did stuff that was of his own ideas.

Man I sure am glad Casey and Johnny Short and Andy and Paul have called today. So entertaining!!

Can’t wait to hear that authentic mountain man Matt here in a few! And I bet Ryan is gonna be so hilarious and goofy today! I sure hope comedian Drew and cool guy Shannon are there too. Maybe they’ll do a bracket or schedule another embarrass Ryan episode!

Everything is so forced and regurgitated anymore *yawn*.
You should wear big shoes and an orange nose. Why does this show bother you so much. Even, if as you say, you are forced to listen, they make earplugs. You are just being a bitch, and bitching about what you are being a bitch about.

KSR sucks. Run by a bunch of liberals acting like they have some inside information that turns out they got from another website. If they do post some new information it turns out 80% of the time it is false.
I dont like his politics either, but today i saw what Shannon Sharpe said about Cal. I wouldn't have known if KSR didnt post it. I think i speak for many when i say i was in the dark on many UK topics prior to them.

Reactions: catben
I do believe Matt Jones was the one to hurt the program.
How the hell does a guy on a radio hurt the team? Im just curious. I've seen this mentioned but how does Matt or Tipton hurt teams? Sure they're shit starters but that's the whole purpose of what they do. I hate to compare anyone to Tipton. Call puts his earmuffs on during the season and blocks it all out. They got blue and white Nike earmuffs to drown out that noise.

You should wear big shoes and an orange nose. Why does this show bother you so much. Even, if as you say, you are forced to listen, they make earplugs. You are just being a bitch, and bitching about what you are being a bitch about.
I’d be fired if I did that moron. Like I said, I’m just giving observations from an outsider/non fan of the show who listens. I get that that upsets some of you fanboys who can’t think for yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT