ADVERTISEMENT

How good is Ivisic?

I don’t want to brag but I actually heard he gave Steph Curry and AD basketball lessons. There’s rumors that the NBA actually designed the 3 point shot custom to him.

If he's being looked at as a 2nd round pick.. I'd say he should be pretty decent at the college level. We may see it this year, it may be next year. The hope is that we don't just see glimpses of it this year, only to have him go to the NBA before we get to really utilize him. Because the NBA is enamored by two things right now.. big centers, and european talent. 5 years ago, they didn't care about either. But Jokic and Giannis are changing that.
Yep, NBA sees he has the potential and he's gone.

I don’t want to brag but I actually heard he gave Steph Curry and AD basketball lessons. There’s rumors that the NBA actually designed the 3 point shot custom to him.
I heard Dos XX's is getting into sports commercials and has him slated for their next set of commercials.

Reactions: Skyguyb27
There's some good write-ups by anonymous pro scouts I think on KSR or somewhere. Don't go overboard on him. He is challenged physically, they say he will be pushed around in the SEC, his motor is in question sometimes energic other times not, they see him as a potential second round pick, but also say he definitely talented and could with work be productive.

So, I wouldn't assume he is even going to be a starter but a good substitute more like a Lance Ware with a potential much better upside, shooting skills, and improve as the year and his experience grows. Hopefully he gets to Kentucky soon and they put in him an intensive weight training program for strength. That seems as the biggest concern.
I’m thinking don’t expect Dirk, but also don’t expect Gunther Behnke. So somewhere in the middle of those two.

His clips look good but his season stats were not impressive. 5 to 7 pts a game / 5.3 reb a game/ 3 blocks (which is great). He is what Cal wants for this team. He does not need to be 20pt 20 reb guy. He needs to get 7 or so points a game, 5 to 10 reb a game and block 2 or 3 a game. If we get more that that it is all extra icing on the cake.

His clips look good but his season stats were not impressive. 5 to 7 pts a game / 5.3 reb a game/ 3 blocks (which is great). He is what Cal wants for this team. He does not need to be 20pt 20 reb guy. He needs to get 7 or so points a game, 5 to 10 reb a game and block 2 or 3 a game. If we get more that that it is all extra icing on the cake.
Stats don’t mean much without knowing minutes. Oscar won’t do better than that 6 & 5 this year, but we know what he could do in college. Also need to consider competition, he was playing vs men, not 15-18 boys.
I just expect him, Onyenso and Bradshaw to all 3 make about the same impact, but each in a slightly different way. Plus it’s good to have 3, for injuries, especially when 2 are currently injured!!!

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Idk if he's that good, but they are definitely in the same mold. 2 dudes that are long, skilled, won't post at the basket much, and both block shots. I definitely see the similarities.
For sure, just if he comes in and plays at that level.

Depends on how much Ugo and Bradshaw are ready to play but I think he can be better than Ware from day 1 for sure

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Depends on how much Ugo and Bradshaw are ready to play but I think he can be better than Ware from day 1 for sure
He already has something Ware will never have: fluidity. He moves like a gazelle on the court. For a 7'2" guy with shooting range, I think Ivisic ends up being a top 25 pick next summer.

Reactions: Fox2monk
He already has something Ware will never have: fluidity. He moves like a gazelle on the court. For a 7'2" guy with shooting range, I think Ivisic ends up being a top 25 pick next summer.
Ware always looked like he had bricks in his shoes or something, like he couldn’t get to another gear out there and just couldn’t jump high enough. I don’t know if I’ve seen a big man get blocked more than he did.

Quite a few things need correction. he's got to cut down on fouls, per 40 minutes 9 fouls. Some of those cuz he wants to block everything, some ill advised.

He really isn't a five (his brother is). Many times he won't be anywhere near the paint, just hangs out beyond thr arc. So rebounding is not his focus....shooting the three is.

Defense is average and needs work. kinda flat footed. Leads to fouls.

Forces things a bit. Leads to turnovers.

Yet, he will improve on those as time goes on. All in all a good get but don't think lottery. First round maybe.

Reactions: oakhillcatman
Quite a few things need correction. he's got to cut down on fouls, per 40 minutes 9 fouls. Some of those cuz he wants to block everything, some ill advised.

He really isn't a five (his brother is). Many times he won't be anywhere near the paint, just hangs out beyond thr arc. So rebounding is not his focus....shooting the three is.

Yet, he will improve on those as time goes on. All in all a good get but don't think lottery. First round maybe.
Offensively, we really don’t need him in the paint. I hope Cal plays five out and let’s the guards drive and dish to shooters.

Defensively, we need him to protect the rim.

If he gets in foul trouble, so be it, we have Mitchell, Bradshaw, and Onyenso that can play the 5 as well.

I do know that he has declared for the NBA for the last 2 seasons but ended up withdrawing his name because he couldn't get a guarantee. I read somewhere that he would have likely been drafted this year in the 2nd round had he left his name in, but he wanted a first round guarantee and didn't get it. He's still a bit of unknown but there is no question he's a talented guy. He's a 7-1 220 guy who can handle the ball, pass well, bring the ball up the floor on the break, shoot all the way out to 3pt range, block shots and defend big men. He probably won't start but I bet he will make an impact in this 5-out/ dribble drive offense. I think of him as quality depth as of now.

He is a good addition to this team. Some may be over reacting to his impact. Given Bradshaw and O's status he fills a possible need we may have. Playing within the team concept may be an issue it seems.

This team seems to be different than any of Cal's recent teams in that there are more basketball skills distributed among more players than usual ,he seems to fit that mold well. He probably isn't a game changer but has the ability to play a valuable role if he embraces being a role player.

bring his brother too
make it all family

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT