ADVERTISEMENT

How good is Bradshaw?

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Everything in my body is screaming he's Skal or worse he never plays.

Why should I be optimistic that he's going to be a major player for UK in his 1 season?

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
I don't agree with the Skal comparison.

I actually am very excited for Bradshaw, I think he's more polished, etc. than Skal.

I think he is going to be excellent, fringe lottery guy.

And yet, I think he'll be our 4th best college player (behind Wagner, Edwards and Reeves).

Which is why I think we're going to be extremely, extremely good next season now that we have Reeves back and have nabbed Mitchell.

He can shoot the midrange. Has range out to the 3 point line. Blocks shots. Solid rebounder who isn't afraid to bang. I'd say he'll probably be more a rim runner and dunker for us, but Cal will give him some leeway because he does have that midrange game. He needs to be a better defender away from the basket. He better get his butt in the gym and get stronger if he wants to be legit in the NBA one day.

He's an excellent shot blocker as the help defender, which is another reason he's best at the 4 spot. Offensively he will score in college by being a lob, Offensive rebound and hustle point guy. He isn't quite there where you can throw him the ball and let him go 1 on 1 vs College players, at least not with how the game is called in college. I think on offense his best will come in the NBA but defense his best will be in college. This is obviously assuming he ever plays.

1. You have no basis to make the "Skal" comparison aside from your own unfounded anxiety. Comparing him to Skal is no more valid than comparing him to Anthony Davis - I don't have any anxiety... I genuinely think he's a bust in college for the record.

2. There's no reason to suggest he'll never play at Kentucky. Comparing him to Sharpe isn't accurate. Their situations have nothing in common. - When theres smoke there is fire....

3. People who actually make a living out of knowing basketball have been extremely high on his ability to come in and play at an elite level from the beginning. Maybe they are all wrong. But no one should be assuming that now, any more than people did about Cousins, Towns or Randle (there was the matter of Towns' walk, which luckily didn't prove to have any relevance...) - These experts are wrong all the time. Maybe more so when it involves only the 1 year we get to have these elite players

4. Worse case scenario: Kentucky has a 5-year player who averaged 12 and 6 in the Big 12 last year to play the same position. - Thank God

I don't get posting some hand-wringing concern about Bradshaw on the very day that such concerns are far less important than they were even a day ago. - UK needs Bradshaw to be elite relaying on the transfer to be elite is futile he just needs to be a piece of the puzzle

See in bolded

Why should I be optimistic that he's going to be a major player for UK in his 1 season?
I see him more as a Isaiah Jackson with a jumper then I do Skal. He's super bouncy and looked good shooting the 3 for a 7 footer. I think he should play center and drag people out, spread the floor and take his jump shots when open, but I assume he will play the 4.

But either way I think hes a talent.

I see him more as a Isaiah Jackson with a jumper then I do Skal. He's super bouncy and looked good shooting the 3 for a 7 footer. I think he should play center and drag people out, spread the floor and take his jump shots when open, but I assume he will play the 4.

Collins and Skal was my two comparisons - hoping to be way off.

I think this is spot on. Jackson with a J out to 3 pt range. I expect most of his points be dunks , put backs ect with some 3's mixed in. And I think he will be lotto pick yet will be the 5th best player on the team ( behind the 3 guards and edwards) .

Reactions: Rideordiewildcat
Bradshaw played high level competition in high school. Skal dodged playing high level competition

Reactions: mebeblue2
I don't agree with the Skal comparison.

I actually am very excited for Bradshaw, I think he's more polished, etc. than Skal.

I think he is going to be excellent, fringe lottery guy.

And yet, I think he'll be our 4th best college player (behind Wagner, Edwards and Reeves).

Which is why I think we're going to be extremely, extremely good next season now that we have Reeves back and have nabbed Mitchell.
I don’t think he is skal, but he has skal tendencies for sure

Reactions: DraftCat

Thing is OP, the board will nearly be unanimous on their hype train from here on out. All the people who said “it doesn’t matter who we grab I can’t get excited for a Cal team” are now going to get excited for a Cal led team.

Happens. Every. Off-season.

Will Bradshaw be as advertised? Idk. What I do know is he averaged 12ppg against his own age group which doesn’t spell stud to me but we’ll see.

I’m not excited for UK basketball anymore. I was excited last off season when we got the NPOY to return along with a star studded recruiting class and we saw how that turned out. I’m now firmly in wait and see every season just as I had become with Tubby.

The only way I’ll get excited for another Cal team is if he signs an NBA all star team and the ncaa allows it. And even then I’d still expect a loss or two.

Star studded recruiting class? You couldn't have exaggerated any more... It's ok if you don't want to be a fan of UK basketball but don't tell bullshi* to make yourself sound better. We had 2 recruits last year.
Thing is OP, the board will nearly be unanimous on their hype train from here on out. All the people who said “it doesn’t matter who we grab I can’t get excited for a Cal team” are now going to get excited for a Cal led team.

Happens. Every. Off-season.

Will Bradshaw be as advertised? Idk. What I do know is he averaged 12ppg against his own age group which doesn’t spell stud to me but we’ll see.

I’m not excited for UK basketball anymore. I was excited last off season when we got the NPOY to return along with a star studded recruiting class and we saw how that turned out. I’m now firmly in wait and see every season just as I had become with Tubby.

The only way I’ll get excited for another Cal team is if he signs an NBA all star team and the ncaa allows it. And even then I’d still expect a loss or two.

Star studded recruiting class? You couldn't have exaggerated any more... It's ok if you don't want to be a fan of UK basketball but don't tell bullshi* to make yourself sound better. We had 2 recruits last year.
Where did I say I wasn’t a fan of UK basketball? I’m a UK fan and cheer for all its teams. Quite hypocritical to put words in my post that I didn’t type then accuse me of talking bs.

And even more hypocritical about your accusation is that we had 4 recruits last year, not two. Are you forgetting or lying? We signed Cason Wallace and Chris Livingston as the headliners. We also signed Adou Thiero and Ugo.

Source: https://kentucky.rivals.com/commitments/basketball/2022

Maybe before calling out others’ peoples fandoms you should make sure you know wtf you’re talking about.

As far as my “star studded” comment I was referring to the two guys we recruited to be immediate impact and high mpg players. Those being Cason Wallace and Chris Livingston. A class being star studded has nothing to do with the number of recruits imo, and it has everything to do with filling gaps on a roster. Which during the off season, those two did just that.

We returned the NPOY and didn’t need a high profile center. We returned Toppin who everyone thought was about to breakout. We didn’t need a high profile 4. Fredrick was coming off injury and expected to shoot lights out, we didn’t need a high profile 2G. We had Wheeler and whatever your feelings about him may be Cal felt he had the PG necessary for that team to be successful. So what did UK need?

It needed a high profile combo guard to back up the 1-2 and a high profile 3. Insert Wallace and Livingston. So yea, the class was star studded for our apparent needs in the off season heading into that season. The rest of your posts are pure straight lies until you prove them by quoting posts where I said I was no longer a fan of UK basketball.

Reactions: DraftCat
He’s 7’1, didn’t dominate in high school, wants no part of playing under the basket and isn’t particularly great at anything. So much about him screams “bust”.

Hope i’m wrong because we need him to be really good.
Then I wonder why he was ranked so high and did fairly well against the other top talent in the country?

I know...it's hard for some of you to say anything positive due to the dark hole some of you like to live in...

Then I wonder why he was ranked so high and did fairly well against the other top talent in the country?

I know...it's hard for some of you to say anything positive due to the dark hole some of you like to live in...

There's reports out there that this class is one of the weakest classes in recent memory. So yes I have some concerns that our skinny 7 footer with a foot injury is going to produce in his 1 season of college basketball.

There's reports out there that this class is one of the weakest classes in recent memory. So yes I have some concerns that our skinny 7 footer with a foot injury is going to produce in his 1 season of college basketball.
i doubt it can be as bad as last years class
if you want evidence look at this years draft

The facts.....
7'0 tall Bradshaw scored 301 pts, 236 boards, 61 blocks in 25 games in New Jersey competition.

That is 12pts, 9 boards2.5 blocks a game. He hit 4 3pt shots in 25 games. He hit 75%FT (I don't have FG or 3pt FG percentage)

If he plays at Ky....all signs point to PF and not Center. (maybe if Mitchell comes on strong and pushes some minutes to Center). But he ain't going to score a ton if all you can do is 12 pts in high school. I'd argue he'll be decent but not elite at rebounding. I'd guess he'll be a decent shot blocker...at about 1 a game. He ain't going to be knocking down many 3pt shots in college (I'd wager he'll hit less than 12 all year).

His frame is slender (and now that his foot is injured he isn't likely to be adding lower body strength) and he's going to struggle in SEC play with holding his position vs. bigs. Of all the comps I've seen on this board....I'd argue Isiah Jackson might be the better one. Jackson was decent but nothing to write home about on a 9-16 UK team (8pt, 6 boards, 2.5 blocks on 54%FG) . I see a similar game from Bradshaw to be honest.

Last edited:
I think Cal is going to pair Bradshaw and Mitchell together a lot, just to get them both enough minutes.

I see them playing like TJ and AD together in terms of what role they play, Not talking production, that would be ridiculous to expect. I just think Mitchell will play a role similar to TJ’s and Bradshaw will play a similar role to AD’s.

The main question for me is whether Bradshaw will be healthy or not.

I think Cal is going to pair Bradshaw and Mitchell together a lot, just to get them both enough minutes.

I see them playing like TJ and AD together in terms of what role they play, Not talking production, that would be ridiculous to expect. I just think Mitchell will play a role similar to TJ’s and Bradshaw will play a similar role to AD’s.

The main question for me is whether Bradshaw will be healthy or not.
Bradshaw said he has a 6 week recover window. That puts him back in mid to late August. Even if it goes longer, he's back by Thanksgiving. My concern is not the injury, but Klutch's control over our players.

Cal needs to use his influence within the league to let Klutch know it's not happening here. He simply cannot afford another elite player sitting out.

The facts.....
7'0 tall Bradshaw scored 301 pts, 236 boards, 61 blocks in 25 games in New Jersey competition.

That is 12pts, 9 boards2.5 blocks a game. He hit 4 3pt shots in 25 games. He hit 75%FT (I don't have FG or 3pt FG percentage)

If he plays at Ky....all signs point to PF and not Center. (maybe if Mitchell comes on strong and pushes some minutes to Center). But he ain't going to score a ton if all you can do is 12 pts in high school. I'd argue he'll be decent but not elite at rebounding. I'd guess he'll be a decent shot blocker...at about 1 a game. He ain't going to be knocking down many 3pt shots in college (I'd wager he'll hit less than 12 all year).

His frame is slender (and now that his foot is injured he isn't likely to be adding lower body strength) and he's going to struggle in SEC play with holding his position vs. bigs. Of all the comps I've seen on this board....I'd argue Isiah Jackson might be the better one. Jackson was decent but nothing to write home about on a 9-16 UK team (8pt, 6 boards, 2.5 blocks on 54%FG) . I see a similar game from Bradshaw to be honest.
most high school games are only 32 minutes long (4-8 minute quarters)
so in a 40 minute game that would translate to roughly 15.20pts, 11.20 boards, 3.20 bpg

The facts.....

Remember.... he had a teammate who dominated ... only so many shots to go around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT