ADVERTISEMENT

Really curious how CCC presents himself to Ark

It’s gonna be interesting to see how it plays out…if I had to guess…he’s gonna do well there for the first couple years and we will be furious as to why he couldn’t do it here. Not that I think he’s a good coach but that’ll just be our luck lol

It’s gonna be interesting to see how it plays out…if I had to guess…he’s gonna do well there for the first couple years and we will be furious as to why he couldn’t do it here. Not that I think he’s a good coach but that’ll just be our luck lol
Yeah its not the coaching but if he can catch lightning in a bottle with players hes able to have special teams, that said UK didnt want to pay him any longer on the off chance he caught that lightning bc it seems like such an off chance

UzVHZYF.png

It’ll be a lot of smoke and mirrors; but I don’t see the relationship working out long term. Cal is still going to be under immense pressure at Arkansas. They will be expecting a FF within 2-3 years with what they are giving to him in salary and nil. I do think he would’ve been better off retiring or at least announcing next season would be his last. He might have a little fire to start, but I just don’t see him having it long term to get the job done.

Am really curious how he's going to try to convince the hog people that the NBA is way more important than their basketball program, and how the sec tournament doesn't matter or defenses should NEVER be changed no matter what??!!

I think he’ll have to change his pitch. The one he first sold us about being all about getting the best NBA talent was PERFECT for the start of the one and done era. To his credit, he was ahead of the curve in recognizing how the game had changed at a time when other coaches were still selling the “ rah rah, we want true student athletes!” bullshit.

But that era is over. Cal is no longer different in that respect. Basically EVERYBODY has now joined the cynical side and now recognizes it’s really all about money. His old sales pitch has grown stale and boring. Nobody still buys the notion that players are getting a raw deal in the NIL/transfer portal era, so “players first” ain’t at all what fans wanna hear.

I don't really care how he presents himself but only that he does. It's Tuesday at 10:20am and there's still no official word. What is the hold up? Dude needs to GTFO of here.
This is the crazy part on the Arkansas end to me. WHY are they allowing Cal to drag this out??? Why aren't they announcing his hiring so they can get going with their roster for next year??? The way it's being drug out, makes it look like Cal is hedging on leaving UK which makes Arkansas look bad.

If I was the Hogs AD and the Tyson dude, I would want this completed TODAY!!!

Reactions: AGEE11 and TFCats11
Am really curious how he's going to try to convince the hog people that the NBA is way more important than their basketball program, and how the sec tournament doesn't matter or defenses should NEVER be changed no matter what??!!

I'm not curious at all.

Stopped listening to his BS years ago. Not going to start paying attention to him now that he's gone. Fully expect him to stick his foot in his mouth to curry favor like Pitino did after he left. He probably learned from that though if he's capable of learning anything at this point

Everyone keeps saying basketball has changed and this era and that era are over.... etc etc etc

Did yall NOT just get the news that UConn won it's 6TH title since 1999 or so? 6!!!

If it was about NIL or NBA OAD, why do Villanova (2x) and UConn (4x) have more titles in Cals time here than Cal or the people that ponied up huge NIL packages?

It's STILL and always WILL BE about coaching and strategy, roster building and development, maturity and adaptability. It's still the same game (nearly) and UConn demonstrates that well.

How des he make them believe he really wants o be there when he won't resign here more than two full days after he accepted the job

Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
My favorite Cal philosophy:

Im going to start the least efficient lineup I can every half and have a team that plays no defense, that way when we get behind we have no chance of coming back!! I will be the only coach in history to win games this way!!!

Cal's mind is so far advanced we cant understand his brilliance

• Haha
If it was about NIL or NBA OAD, why do Villanova (2x) and UConn (4x) have more titles in Cals time here than Cal or the people that ponied up huge NIL packages?

You do realize that this new era where we have both NIL money and a complete removal of transfer restrictions began only a couple years ago, right?

So it is utterly irrelevant to Jay Wright’s titles at Villanova. Those occurred well before this era began. In fact, Wright has acknowledged that these changes played a part in his decision to get out. He had no interest in doing what you have to do to stay on top in this new era.

Obviously coaching and strategy are still EXTREMELY important (although player development not as much, since you’re now likely just developing them for their next team). But you’re just sticking your head in the sand if you deny how dramatically NIL and the free-for-all transfer portal have transformed this sport.

He’s focused on destroying UK and not Arkansas. That should tell them what they need to know. Go ask Memphis fans about him.
The Memphis fans tried to warn us.
Kentucky fans were too giddy to hear and believe the truth about Cal.

Arkansas fans are in that same place right now.

This is the crazy part on the Arkansas end to me. WHY are they allowing Cal to drag this out??? Why aren't they announcing his hiring so they can get going with their roster for next year??? The way it's being drug out, makes it look like Cal is hedging on leaving UK which makes Arkansas look bad.

If I was the Hogs AD and the Tyson dude, I would want this completed TODAY!!!
They are "allowing" Cal to drag this out because they know it is hurting UK and preventing the hiring of the next coach.

They are already "going" on their roster for next year. Cal has his people contacting "his" recruits and they are building their roster while we are stuck on hold because of Cal's big ego and little games he's playing in an effort to get back at UK fans and MB.

Reactions: CatPhight
I agree that he will have that desire but I also am a thousand percent sure he can't hold it all together, his prize Q gave him the bird. He's burned too many bridges and still really believes he knows best with 80 s ball.

Yeah its not the coaching but if he can catch lightning in a bottle with players hes able to have special teams, that said UK didnt want to pay him any longer on the off chance he caught that lightning bc it seems like such an off chance
It took the looming NBA lockout to get Jones back on top of a senior that stayed for love of the state he didn't recruit combined with a generational talent in Davis to win. That team knew to not slow down at the end and overcame his coaching as well. This was the true perfect storm for a cow not his losses, those are normal.

Reactions: NociHTTP
He'll do anything to sell his act there, including walking their hogs.
Disgusting on so many levels. I couldn't think of a more deserving bunch of hog faces to get put through what we just endured. Trotting out the worst lineups he can think of for the most important game of his tenure here!! He's either paid off to lose and enjoy sticking it to us or even worse he really believed his throw a NBA pick on the wall and hope it sticks philosophy of coaching would really win. Either are PATHETIC.

Reactions: NociHTTP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT