ADVERTISEMENT

How do you think we can get this mess straightened out with the officials that call our games?

DOn't think it will get fixed. Thats why I love that we have 5 guards and hopefully 5 bigs . Lots of fouls to go around.

UNC certainly got it fixed.

I can't tell you how proud I am of the few fans that called out Higgins. His bullshit biases would have never come to light if it weren't for those patriots.

And I hope the same thing happens again. Take it right to the officials. The fans CAN be the cause for change, or at the very least ruin UNC's recruiting for a few years (thanks NC State).

504525bf709da22654be13292d419ac8--the-stooges-the-three-stooges.jpg

Reactions: wildcatdonf
There are some officials that have a bias against Kentucky, Higgins, et al. But, I also believe the officiating is just bad in general. Coach K has more influence on the officiating than anyone I have ever seen. I don't know the cure for this problem, however, I would like to see each coach allowed 3 officials that they can preclude from working their games. I don't know how this would work in the SEC, given the limited choices the league may have at any given time, but it the only option that I can come up with.

I'd like to see some form of a coaches challenge. Just one. Not enough to slow the game down much.

But just think.. Not many calls even go our way so what can a coach challenge? Meanwhile the OOBs that seem to bite us every other game. Would be great to get back 2pts a game that should have been ours anyways.

Not really that old. wildcatdonf started it on April 2. I wanted to share relevant info from the NBA playoffs and how they are handling their referee situation. The previous post was just a couple weeks ago, I think it’s better to add pertinent information on an established thread rather than start a new one from square one. Just my two cents.

Go ‘Cats!

There are some officials that have a bias against Kentucky, Higgins, et al. But, I also believe the officiating is just bad in general. Coach K has more influence on the officiating than anyone I have ever seen. I don't know the cure for this problem, however, I would like to see each coach allowed 3 officials that they can preclude from working their games. I don't know how this would work in the SEC, given the limited choices the league may have at any given time, but it the only option that I can come up with.
I was thinking that at one time a coach could list names of officials (3-4) that wouldn't ref games?

Reactions: wildcatfan-2-
I would like to see each coach allowed 3 officials that they can preclude from working their games. I don't know how this would work in the SEC, given the limited choices the league may have at any given time, but it the only option that I can come up with.

The one benefit of this is if there’s an incompetent referee that many of the coaches don’t want to see do their games, then it quickly becomes logistically impossible to schedule them and eventually they will need to be let go.

The one benefit of this is if there’s an incompetent referee that many of the coaches don’t want to see do their games, then it quickly becomes logistically impossible to schedule them and eventually they will need to be let go.
Yes!!!

Reactions: awf
It’s a sad day in sports when it’s common knowledge if you’re not 15 points better, you might lose! Where is the justice in that on a very big stage? Really bothers me when people talk about Cal “underachieving” when he has to fight through this stuff with refs. If truly being 1, 2 or 3 points better is not good enough, then there needs to be serious reform. After watching the Jamie Luckie speech I realized this even more (see https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/jamie-luckie-and-kentucky.263353/)

Reactions: Cat78Scot
The rayuffs, the rayuffs. It’s their fault we lost.

Jesus people, you do realize that everyone, outside of uk fans, talk about how uk gets a favorable whistle, right? It’s because fans only see the bad calls that go against their team and none of the bad calls which benefit their team. If you’re not good enough to overcome the bad calls against you and the other team is, then you are not as good as the other team.

Unc was the better team two years ago (as demonstrated by playing significant portion of the game without their starting point guard, and having more fouls called against their key players).

Ksu was the better team this year. Also, does anyone remember how many freethrows uk shot in that game?

The rayuffs, the rayuffs. It’s their fault we lost.

Jesus people, you do realize that everyone, outside of uk fans, talk about how uk gets a favorable whistle, right? It’s because fans only see the bad calls that go against their team and none of the bad calls which benefit their team. If you’re not good enough to overcome the bad calls against you and the other team is, then you are not as good as the other team.

Unc was the better team two years ago (as demonstrated by playing significant portion of the game without their starting point guard, and having more fouls called against their key players).

Ksu was the better team this year. Also, does anyone remember how many freethrows uk shot in that game?

Numerous national people with no allegiance to Kentucky noted how poor and lopsided the officiating was in the first half, especially against UK in the North Carolina game. Yet UNC barely won. And no, UNC's key players were not in foul trouble to the same extent as UK players (it's not just number of fouls but how egregious the call was and when it occurred in the game).

As for Kansas State, no one on this thread is blaming the refs for that loss. And no Kansas State was not the better team. UK lost the game for other reasons but it certainly wasn't because KSU was a better team overall.

Reactions: awf
Numerous national people with no allegiance to Kentucky noted how poor and lopsided the officiating was in the first half, especially against UK in the North Carolina game. Yet UNC barely won. And no, UNC's key players were not in foul trouble to the same extent as UK players (it's not just number of fouls but how egregious the call was and when it occurred in the game).

As for Kansas State, no one on this thread is blaming the refs for that loss. And no Kansas State was not the better team. UK lost the game for other reasons but it certainly wasn't because KSU was a better team overall.

Perhaps supplying the quotes from the national media might help with the poster?

It’s a sad day in sports when it’s common knowledge if you’re not 15 points better, you might lose! Where is the justice in that on a very big stage? Really bothers me when people talk about Cal “underachieving” when he has to fight through this stuff with refs. If truly being 1, 2 or 3 points better is not good enough, then there needs to be serious reform. After watching the Jamie Luckie speech I realized this even more (see https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/jamie-luckie-and-kentucky.263353/)

15 points?

Well then it's always going to come down to the refs lol. You are never going to be 15 points better than all 6 teams you have to face in the tournament lol

. . . You are never going to be 15 points better than all 6 teams you have to face in the tournament lol
Exactly, that’s why ex-player Jon Hood’s tweet during our Elite Eight 2017 vs UNC is so sad to me. He above all people should know how things are, and being 15 points better just isn’t always possible.

Normally I'd say that the person in question can look them up himself since it's obvious he already has an agenda (if his screenname didn't already give it away), but since I already have them available I'll include some below:

twitter_response_seth_davis_timestamp.jpg

twitter_response_dan_wolken2_timestamp.jpg

twitter_response_jeff_goodman_timestamp.jpg

twitter_response_dick_vitale_timestamp.jpg

twitter_response_jay_williams_timestamp.jpg

twitter_response_doug_gottlieb_timestamp.jpg

twitter_response_dan_wolken1_timestamp.jpg

So two people (who often get mocked here for their hot takes) said that the officiating was lopsidedly. Lol. Unc outplayed uk, while missing their starting pg due to Fox punching his leg (which was not called a foul) and while having several of their starters and key players in foul trouble. Don’t blame the refs, blame Cal for telling Fox to body-up a player 30 ft out and for giving up a 12-0 run.

So two people (who often get mocked here for their hot takes) said that the officiating was lopsidedly. Lol. Unc outplayed uk, while missing their starting pg due to Fox punching his leg (which was not called a foul) and while having several of their starters and key players in foul trouble. Don’t blame the refs, blame Cal for telling Fox to body-up a player 30 ft out and for giving up a 12-0 run.

Why do I get the feeling you might be one of the few that flunked a Filth AFAM class? In spite of the damning quotes provided by Jon, I’m not surprised you continue to misrepresent facts of that game. It’s the sort of ethics we’ve come to expect from individuals that supported The Filth through 2 decades of admitted cheating. Disgusting institution. Disgusting coach. Disgusting fans.

Just another example of the rotting cloth all these types are cut from. Tough to have an objective discussion with advocates of long admitted cheating filth.

Why do I get the feeling you might be one of the few that flunked a Filth AFAM class? In spite of the damning quotes provided by Jon, I’m not surprised you continue to misrepresent facts of that game. It’s the sort of ethics we’ve come to expect from individuals that supported The Filth through 2 decades of admitted cheating. Disgusting institution. Disgusting coach. Disgusting fans.

Just another example of the rotting cloth all these types are cut from. Tough to have an objective discussion with advocates of long admitted cheating filth.

Help me out then. List the names of the people who said that the officiating was biased against uk.

I see two people.

The others say that the officiating has been bad but do not say that it was biased against uk.

I’ll hang up and listen.

Help me out then. List the names of the people who said that the officiating was biased against uk.

I see two people.

The others say that the officiating has been bad but do not say that it was biased against uk.

I’ll hang up and listen.

You count them. You’ve been given 7 direct quotes in this thread. You support cheating filth though. It’s probably difficult for you to recognize bias and cheating just because it’s the norm for fans of The Filth, like yourself.

Everyone knows we got the shaft. Nobody except Filth supporters questions that. You’ve proven this yet again. It’s so entrenched in The Filth Way that you can’t see it.

Reactions: Cat78Scot
That's always been my position on this. That it's not the world of refs vs UK. That it's just bad overall.

That's not so say some *cough Higgins don't have agendas. But for the most part, I just think they are bad, not bias

Do you know the difference between yourself and a dog turd? The turd will eventually stop stinking.

Reactions: blubo
Likewise for you. List the people who said that the officiating was biased against uk. You do understand the difference between being bad and being against a team right?
You do understand that all of your titles are tainted right? I might give you credit for the 2017 title, but the rest are tainted by playing players that were not eligible. Tainted, bad smell, cheat, stole.

Reactions: blubo
The refs are just bad.
Surprisingly, they are extra bad during our losses throughout the season.
At least that is the outward appearance here on Rafters...

The refs are just bad.
Surprisingly, they are extra bad during our losses throughout the season.
At least that is the outward appearance here on Rafters...
Us fans don’t help with our constant whine about getting screwed by the refs. Some are biased, most are not. Some are just bad, most are not. We play young guys most of the time, they have not learned how to adapt and they commit stupid fouls, then fans here claim it’s the refs fault. It is time for the fans to get over the entitlement thing and accept facts instead of perception.

Reactions: IAphatcat
IAphatcat,
This thread was started to ask a very constructive question. If there’s something that can be done, it would be nice for the powers-that-be to do it.

As far as whining, I have said repeatedly that after Wisconsin, fans were told to be quiet and for the most part, were. But then UNC happened, and it was the 4th such tournament loss with the SAME whistle. Those who dared look at the facts noticed disturbing trends, those who haven’t looked at the stats tend to be dismissive. Point is: someone must speak up or it will keep happening. I think we should ask what can be done to remedy these types of situations.

See I told you it's a waste of time. His agenda is obvious.

While I do agree with you, that this posters is not going to change their opinion, that poster is not wrong. The majority of those tweets do not say that the officiating is biased against UK. Context would make a huge difference. But I don't care enough to dig through those tweets to find it and I don't think the poster would change their mind anyway. Either way, that's in the past, and my focus is on the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT