ADVERTISEMENT

How did we win the game with nothing from our big men?

Sep 24, 2016
Onyenso 0 points (0-0 from the field), Mitchell 0 points (0-2 from the field), Bradshaw 0 points (0-1 from the field), and Big Z 0 points (0-0 from the field). I watched a lot of basketball over my lifetime, but never have I seen a team win without any inside game whatever. Thiero had 0 points (0-2 from the field) at forward. I can't remember a game where guards scored every point.

Onyenso 0 points (0-0 from the field), Mitchell 0 points (0-2 from the field), Bradshaw 0 points (0-1 from the field), and Big Z 0 points (0-0 from the field). I watched a lot of basketball over my lifetime, but never have I seen a team win without any inside game whatever. Thiero had 0 points (0-2 from the field) at forward. I can't remember a game where guards scored every point.

We got MAJOR, MAJOR contributions from Ugo and Thiero on the defensive end. MAJOR.

Those 2 dudes set the tone early in this game for our toughness.

Then the shotmaking put it away.

You must not watch much basketball in todays game. Guards and shooting wins. The best “bigs” are the ones that can shoot 3s and block a few shots. The whole reason Ugo runs to set a “ball screen” is to get his man the hell out of the lane. The second his man chases they just ghost the screen. If his man stays they actually try to get a piece on the ball screen. Ugo is in to play D and get the hell out of the way on offense.

If you think Ugo gave us nothing today, you weren’t watching the same game I was. I’d argue he was our MVP for a good stretch of the game until the offense woke up
He was good.....but MVP for a good stretch????

Are You Sure Noah Reid GIF by CBC

Ugo played defense today finally that's all we need him to do

We are better.

And we have the best coach in the country.

All we really need out of those 3 is rebounding, to defend the rim and balance the floor. Our guards are good enough to score enough to compensate for it.

We just beat a top 5 team with those 4 doing NOTHING on the offensive end. That is more impressive than any other aspect of this win!!!!

Whats more amazing if you had give those stats before the game and throw in Dilly sat out most of first half and had a very subpar game from him you would have thought it would have been a Tennessee rout.

I'm ok with Ugo, AB and Mitchell never shooting again. Z can score but sucks at defense and gets in foul trouble against anybody that plays physical. Our guards are so good let them take 95% of our shots and Thiero can have a few putbacks or drives.

Reactions: CincyUKFan
Onyenso set the tone from the get-go with his blocks of Knecht and Adoo. Learn the game.

Reactions: celtikat33
Maybe he was too busy swatting shit ? I've rode Ugo hard but he was a rim defender extraordinaire today , and Thiero knocked bodies around like a WWE match .. no complaints from me ..

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT