ADVERTISEMENT

How can you not support this team?

Sep 24, 2017
After hearing the interview from coach Schlarman today, there is no way I would not be in the stands to do my part in helping this team reach their goals. This years team motto appears to be "Get Up"! Why don't we try and "Lift Up!" a team/coaching staff that is demonstrating some much needed character in this world. Just my humble opinion.

After hearing the interview from coach Schlarman today, there is no way I would not be in the stands to do my part in helping this team reach their goals. This years team motto appears to be "Get Up"! Why don't we try and "Lift Up!" a team/coaching staff that is demonstrating some much needed character in this world. Just my humble opinion.
I think us fans have more than done our part. The product is sub par. The coach is inadequate.

Some of you folks would serve yourselves better by joining up with Urban Liar. You're all about the wins and not the people in our program.

If wins are the only thing that moves your needle there's already a program for you. Go find a way to be miserable with your wins instead of bringing your misery to share with us.

The locker room, the team spirit, it’s all connected. If you’ve got a guy who’s sour, it sucks the life out of the group. – Jack Del Rio

I think us fans have more than done our part. The product is sub par. The coach is inadequate.
What an empty, apathetic, hopeless perspective. This man took over a bad 2-10 team from a failing predecessor and built a winner. He isn’t done. Part of the way through a contract extension that goes 5 more years, you pick the week before our first game of this season to pronounce he is inadequate. That isn’t just cynical. It is blind to reality.

What an empty, apathetic, hopeless perspective. This man took over a bad 2-10 team from a failing predecessor and built a winner. He isn’t done. Part of the way through a contract extension that goes 5 more years, you pick the week before our first game of this season to pronounce he is inadequate. That isn’t just cynical. It is blind to reality.

JBlabb does this each and every post. The best thing he ever posted was last years I'm an idiot post.

I didn't get to watch whole game just first half. As I said I would, I come to apologise, and I was wrong, this board no matter what our record ends up being, will NEVER hear another negative thing coming from me EVER AGAIN.

"I didn't think we had it to win on the road in the SEC this year and we'll let me say I'm proud of our team, I said earlier I always root passionatly for us, it still bothers me for some reason hearing 10-2 type talk but who knows it's time I gave our team a break and a chance to prove to us fans that doubted that we may have turned the corner. Some people on hear think I hate UK football, somewhere along the line I got sick of the oh, that's that Kentucky football goof, fumble, int, whatever silly bone head play that usually would give the game away.

Again I apologise to the posters that I promised I would, and to the TEAM! let's see how far we can go this year! "

1 Jbapp1978, Sep 17, 2017

Last edited:

Thanks for your thoughts and support. Players and coaches put in long hours and lots of hard work to achieve things on the field. I'm always grateful for their efforts. What some don't seem to realize s that if you are a fan you are part of the program. If you support the team like you have pledged to, then it helps the team in some small way. When lots of fans support the team it helps in a bigger way. Conversely negativity has an adverse effect on the team and lots of negativity can severely effect the morale of a team.

Legit criticism is certainly warranted on a discussion board but after the points are made it's beneficial to move on. Unfortunately some "fans" have not moved on from last year's Florida game and they feel compelled to bring it up again and again as if obsessing over it will somehow change the result. It's futile to harbor that kind of bitterness but some can't seem to find a way to get past it.

Last edited:
I have my issues with Stoops but I think this could be a breakthrough year for UK football. I’m excited about the season. What I don’t understand is people wasting their time on here spreading their misery about Stoops. He is going to be the coach this year no matter what so why not just take a break until after the season? Or at least wait until the games start. Lol.

Some of you folks would serve yourselves better by joining up with Urban Liar. You're all about the wins and not the people in our program.

If wins are the only thing that moves your needle there's already a program for you. Go find a way to be miserable with your wins instead of bringing your misery to share with us.

The locker room, the team spirit, it’s all connected. If you’ve got a guy who’s sour, it sucks the life out of the group. – Jack Del Rio

Yeah, to hell with all you fans that like winning!

I have my issues with Stoops but I think this could be a breakthrough year for UK football. I’m excited about the season. What I don’t understand is people wasting their time on here spreading their misery about Stoops. He is going to be the coach this year no matter what so why not just take a break until after the season? Or at least wait until the games start. Lol.

Because misery loves company.

Reactions: Colonial Farm 80
I think the Cats had a winning season last year.

Lol. You missed the point completely. I’m just saying a coach doesn’t deserve credit for simply building a lead. Unless you’re into moral victories. His point was that Stoops deserves credit for getting the lead in the first place & having a chance to win after egregiously blowing said lead.

The Florida game last year was a bigger loss than just in the win/loss column.
Couple that with the UL game for me . In all my years of following UK football that was the most EMBARRASSED I have ever been . The putrid defense that was gangbanged by UL that day was totally unprepared, UNDISCIPLINED , and poorly coached against their biggest rival on our home field . I lost a lot of confidence in this coaching staff that day . I am firmly in the " show me on the field " mode .

Reactions: rye48
Are you serious? Damn, the Reds are 18 games under .500 but have blown SEVERAL leads in the 8th & 9th innings; I guess their season is going much better than I thought.

Dead serious. Since you blame the coaches for having put us in the position to lose and the game was in doubt to the last snap then why can't you also admit they also put us in position to win - regardless the mistakes that were made.

This is the put up or shut up year for Stoops. Anything less than 8 wins should be unacceptable. He has had long enough to get his own players in here and even had a down SEC East to help with it. I'm afraid the lack of developing an SEC level QB to go with a good defense (which is supposed to be his specialty) will ultimately be his downfall. The SEC East will likely improve this year (it can't get any worse can it?) and with no QB with any real game action, I could see this being a down year.

With recruiting not looking so good for next year, at least as of now, we can't afford to have a down year. We are stuck with Stoops regardless for at least a few more years so we better hope that things go in the right direction or we will be right back at square one breaking in another coach in a few years and hoping in 4 or 5 years we might be on track again.

I hope Stoops succeeds, but it is time to eliminate all of the big coaching errors. It's time to not just stand on the sideline looking like a maniac while yelling at the refs 2 or 3 plays later for a call you don't agree with. It's time to put mediocre teams away and get backups some game experience. It's time to look like you are not still suffering from on the job training. It's time to finally get things cleaned up. You do these things and you might win the skeptics back.

Thanks for your thoughts and support. Players and coaches put in long hours and lots of hard work to achieve things on the field. I'm always grateful for their efforts. What some don't seem to realize s that if you are a fan you are part of the program. If you support the team like you have pledged to, then it helps the team in some small way. When lots of fans support the team it helps in a bigger way. Conversely negativity has an adverse effect on the team and lots of negativity can severely effect the morale of a team.

Legit criticism is certainly warranted on a discussion board but after the points are made it's beneficial to move on. Unfortunately some "fans" have not moved on from last year's Florida game and they feel compelled to bring it up again and again as if obsessing over it will somehow change the result. It's futile to harbor that kind of bitterness but some can't seem to find a way to get past it.
I like to call it the cheating wife syndrome. You love her so much so you stay but the whole marriage is spent throwing that mistake right in her face and never moving forward with any real happiness. Florida the poolboy to some of these yahoo's lol

We all know the failures will be viewed as catastrophic by some and the wins will be pointed out as ''weak teams / the East is down.'
Whatever...win by one, win by thirty. Northwestern was top 20 and they won 4 in ot and the bowl by 1. Still 10 wins.

I won't apologize or be sorry for a win.

Reactions: Colonial Farm 80
Look, don’t come on here and preach to me about supporting this team. I’ve missed 3 home games in 25 years. I’ve sat thru some of the most God Awful games in sports history. I’ll continue to support them until I die.

My point is I don’t need some 25 year old telling me what I need to be doing. I appreciate that you’re excited about the upcoming season, but again, until you’ve supported a mediocre program for 40+ years, you might want to quit calling us out.

Thanks, have a good day, and I’ll see you in Church soon.

But like I said, his posts are very consistent.

All of them pretty stupid.

Thanks for bringing that up again, hadn't heard about it in ages.
I’ve been positive regarding this staff, but if this nonsense happens again I’ll be leading the chorus of boos from my seat.

I don’t know if you’re a family member, a lover, or just delusional, but this is a make or break season for this staff. Particularly Stoops.

The Florida game last year was a bigger loss than just in the win/loss column.
Last year’s loss to UF - while it sucked just about as bad as any heartbreaking loss we’ve ever endured as fans - is in the rearview mirror for this team.

Look, don’t come on here and preach to me about supporting this team. I’ve missed 3 home games in 25 years. I’ve sat thru some of the most God Awful games in sports history. I’ll continue to support them until I die.

My point is I don’t need some 25 year old telling me what I need to be doing. I appreciate that you’re excited about the upcoming season, but again, until you’ve supported a mediocre program for 40+ years, you might want to quit calling us out.

Relax Sally.

Reactions: KintuckyWildCayuts
Thanks for bringing that up again, hadn't heard about it in ages.

Well someone asked the question, who should we blame besides the refs?

That was brutal. You think I enjoyed it? You think I enjoy bringing it back up and reliving it? Because I don’t. However if someone asks the question I think you have to acknowledge the gaffe.

Do you mind if a 52 year old tells you what you need to be doing? [winking]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT