ADVERTISEMENT

How appropriate that cal is going after david Jones?

I just can't wait for the clown to be gone. He's an embarassment to Lexington and the men's basketball program. Let him go foot-wash and kneel to the flag somewhere else and talk about how much he loves the NBA, while we get a coach in here who isn't a habitual liar and wants UK to be the best of the best....

Led by Mitch Barnclehart.

I just can't wait for the clown to be gone. He's an embarassment to Lexington and the men's basketball program. Let him go foot-wash and kneel to the flag somewhere else and talk about how much he loves the NBA, while we get a coach in here who isn't a habitual liar and wants UK to be the best of the best....
Look, I'm not thrilled with the state of the program either. But the grass isn't always greener. I don't know why you're calling out his humanitarian act of foot-washing? Cal has done a lot for the state of KY, and he is responsible for one of our eight national titles. I get that there's an expiration date to things, but people seem to forget the state of the program before he got here.

Look, I'm not thrilled with the state of the program either. But the grass isn't always greener. I don't know why you're calling out his humanitarian act of foot-washing? Cal has done a lot for the state of KY, and he is responsible for one of our eight national titles. I get that there's an expiration date to things, but people seem to forget the state of the program before he got here.
Because his priorities are in the wrong place, and have been for a long time. If you think that Cal doesn't consider how HE benefits from good-doings, I don't know what to tell you. If he was so wonderful for the state and program, he wouldn't be making fun of fans. Except for the stop-gap failure that BCG was, the state of the program THEN is pretty darn similar to NOW. It's almost without question that one of the stark differences between Cal and his successor will be that the new guy will attempt to create as much separation between UK and NBA Draft Night as possible. We need a coach in here who is all about conference and tourny championships. Period.

Last edited:
Because his priorities are in the wrong place, and have been for a long time. If you think that Cal doesn't consider how HE benefits from good-doings, I don't know what to tell you. If he was so wonderful for the state and program, he wouldn't be making fun of fans. Except for the stop-gap failure that BCG was, the state of the program THEN is pretty darn similar to NOW. It's almost without question that one of the stark differences between Cal and his successor will be that the new guy will attempt to put create as much separation between UK and NBA Draft Night as possible. We need a coach in here who is all about conference and tourny championships. Period.
I get where you're coming from. But there's a reason Coach K, Roy, and Jay have hung it up. You're talking a lot about the coach specifically focusing more on UK than the NBA, but with the current state of basketball, where do you think any of the top players have their sights on? It's not the 80s and 90s anymore. I agree Cal has way under-achieved and it's been an unwelcome downward trend. I wouldn't be upset at all with a change, but it's not just Coach Cal's perspective at play here. And I wouldn't be so sure the next coach won't focus on helping his players reach the pros. I guarantee reaching the pros is in most coaches recruiting pitches.

He's going to be here for awhile. I believe at least 2 more years. The fact that you brought up that flag incident is not surprising. You are one of the many Cal haters who refuse to stop hating the man over that incident. You also clearly resent the NBA. The athletic director at UK is no fool. He knows he has to ignore fans like you or the program would be destroyed.

Imagine if this was the attitude during tubby and Bcg years.

Hes not here to wash feet. Hes here to win ballgames of which he is not.

Because it’s impossible to do both? Washing feet doesn’t hurt UK basketball in any way.
Sure go for it. Scrub them feets. The implication was about all the good he has done for the state blah blah blah. Regardless his #1 job is to WIN and he hasnt been able to do that in a while. Results speak for themselves.

Reactions: crestcat
Sure go for it. Scrub them feets. The implication was about all the good he has done for the state blah blah blah. Regardless his #1 job is to WIN and he hasnt been able to do that in a while. Results speak for themselves.
But the two are not related. Cal doesn’t underachieve because he spends one afternoon during the year washing feet and handing out shoes, he underachieves because he runs terrible offense, because he grinds games out with 10 minutes to go instead of keeping his foot on the gas, because he puts defenders in terrible matchups by auto switching everything on defense. Just be real and don’t nitpick good deeds that have no effect on us winning or losing.

Because it’s impossible to do both? Washing feet doesn’t hurt UK basketball in any way.
For cal it is impossible. He’s turned up the humanitarian work right after he put things on cruise for the lifetime deal. Haven’t you been paying attention frosty? You sound like a teenagers from the 00s. “Because it’s impossible to do both”. If he was winning we wouldn’t discuss his extra activities. His contract is to coach and win basketball games. That’s what he’s paid 9 million for. He’s not paid 9 million to wash feet, or to run a telethon for flood victims. People eat the crap up but it’s not his job it’s actually a con job to redirect attention from his horrid on the court results to public deeds of good.

Cal makes 3 million more than the next coach in the ncaa. 3 million! And you want to discuss his good deeds frosty? Come on dude that’s probably why someone is feeding you info so you will go fight for cal. Cal gets paid 3 million more than the next guy to win for goodness sake. We can hire any number of coaches and pay them peanuts to wash feet and run telethons. At the end of the day if cal ain’t winning those other things like telethons, etc don’t mean squat. I’m not against giving but do your job first.

Cmon frosty don’t buy in to become Cals propaganda mouthpiece. The state of things are dire and cal is like 6 steps too slow.

But the two are not related. Cal doesn’t underachieve because he spends one afternoon during the year washing feet and handing out shoes, he underachieves because he runs terrible offense, because he grinds games out with 10 minutes to go instead of keeping his foot on the gas, because he puts defenders in terrible matchups by auto switching everything on defense. Just be real and don’t nitpick good deeds that have no effect on us winning or losing.
I am being real. Im so sick of the losing and the disappointment that I have no tolerance for anything positive related to Cal. It makes my blood boil. He knows it is beyond time for him to go yet here we are. The only thing that matters is the results! Its beyond time for the excuses to come to an end. I dont give a damn about any of the stuff he does off the court.

More irrelevant nonsense from this ignorant goof who thinks spending an afternoon doing Humanitarian work hurts basketball program. Just another example of what kind of people these habitually lying undesirables are.
What a weird angle to take. Do you not understand that fans are upset with Cal because of his lack of winning? Its really a very simple concept.

Reactions: dezyDeco
You were talking about winning games and that’s how he is judged. You people I’ve been on here for a while
No I was talking about the guy who said this. “Hes not here to wash feet. Hes here to win ballgames of which he is not.”

Washing feet has no bearing on winning. It is completely irrelevant to winning. Y’all are so negative you even trash doing good deeds. His awful offense impacts winning, or not winning in this case, washing feet does not. Why am I even talking to y’all, jeez.

Last edited:
Reactions: NociHTTP
Trigger warning, this is what cost us the Wisconsin game and the 1 in the 38-1 season. Priorities are definitely not in order. Taking an afternoon to teach life lessons is destroying this program… apparently.

No I was talking about the guy who said this. “Hes not here to wash feet. Hes here to win ballgames of which he is not.”

Washing feet has no bearing on winning. It is completely irrelevant to winning. Y’all are so negative you even trash doing good deeds. His awful offense impacts winning, or not winning in this case, washing feet does not. Why am I even talking to y’all, jeez.
When did I ever trash that. Your taking one guy to make a justification for a whole group. And I don’t know why you are talking to us, your the one who makes the decision not us

When did I ever trash that. Your taking one guy to make a justification for a whole group. And I don’t know why you are talking to us, your the one who makes the decision not us
Why on earth did YOU reply to me? I told the dude that washing feet had nothing to do with winning. You come at me saying he hasn’t been winning. I didn’t say he was winning, I said washing feet has no impact on winning to him. Why did you feel the need to tell me he hasn’t been winning when I wasn’t claiming he had?

Why on earth did YOU reply to me? I told the dude that washing feet had nothing to do with winning. You come at me saying he hasn’t been winning. I didn’t say he was winning, I said washing feet has no impact on winning to him. Why did you feel the need to tell me he hasn’t been winning when I wasn’t claiming he had?
I just stated a fact man, you don’t gotta be defensive ain’t nobody coming at you. You got plenty others coming at you for other shit you have said on here. I misread the thing, my bad

Reactions: NociHTTP
I just stated a fact man, you don’t gotta be defensive ain’t nobody coming at you. You got plenty others coming at you for other shit you have said on here. I misread the thing, my bad
You stated an irrelevant fact because you’re a lame trying to points with the mob. I didn’t get defensive, I just told you what I said and you doubled on your irrelevant fact for some weird reason.

BTW, washing feet and doing humanitarian work is a great thing and has nothing to do with winning or losing basketball games.

More irrelevant nonsense from this ignorant goof who thinks spending an afternoon doing Humanitarian work hurts basketball program. We weren’t discussing it, the person who brought it up was trashing him for it. Just another example of what kind of people these habitually lying undesirables are.
Nah you try to spin it to fit your wild assertion. It’s straight forward. Win basketball games. Don’t be bad or average or even above average. For friggin 9 million a year you better be running an elite winning program. Nothing else matters. That’s the deal here and even Barney went on the radio and made these statements.

The humanitarian stuff is separate. If he wants to do that great. That’s his choice. Non of it matters until the humanitarian stuff is used to distract from the success on the court and the constant drama with the teams Cals had

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT