ADVERTISEMENT

How appropriate that cal is going after david Jones?

Nah you try to spin it to fit your wild assertion. It’s straight forward. Win basketball games. Don’t be bad or average or even above average. For friggin 9 million a year you better be running an elite winning program. Nothing else matters. That’s the deal here and even Barney went on the radio and made these statements.

The humanitarian stuff is separate. If he wants to do that great. That’s his choice. Non of it matters until the humanitarian stuff is used to distract from the success on the court and the constant drama with the teams Cals had
Well said.

Nah you try to spin it to fit your wild assertion. It’s straight forward. Win basketball games. Don’t be bad or average or even above average. For friggin 9 million a year you better be running an elite winning program. Nothing else matters. That’s the deal here and even Barney went on the radio and made these statements.

The humanitarian stuff is separate. If he wants to do that great. That’s his choice. Non of it matters until the humanitarian stuff is used to distract from the success on the court and the constant drama with the teams Cals had
So the tornado relief efforts last year was a distraction lol

I mean he’s put our program down there next to his locker so why not. How poetic would it be if cal lands this guy and he’s his last recruit at UK?? From John wall to Davey Jones
That is where our program is Davy Jones locker at the bottom of CBB.

I didn’t spin shit, I simply said washing feet and doing charity work has nothing to do with winning and losing. Saying it does is complete BS. Y’all expose yourselves for what kind of people y’all are every day. No one used it to distract, no one was even talking about it, one of you goofs brought it up.

More irrelevant nonsense from this ignorant goof who thinks spending an afternoon doing Humanitarian work hurts basketball program. We weren’t discussing it, the person who brought it up was trashing him for it. Just another example of what kind of people these habitually lying undesirables are.
It must be tiring work defending a failing coach 24-7-365. Hopefully they are paying you well. If this were the 80's, you most definitely would have Cal's picture on your Trapper Keeper. I find your continual Cal defense really bizarre. (Well you and about 3 other posters) Just an observation. Carry on. 🍿

Reactions: delk4three
It must be tiring work defending a failing coach 24-7-365. Hopefully they are paying you well. If this were the 80's, you most definitely would have Cal's picture on your Trapper Keeper. I find your continual Cal defense really bizarre. (Well you and about 3 other posters) Just an observation. Carry on. 🍿
It must be a lame existence desperately trying to fit into a group. Where did I defend Cal? I said doing charity work has no effect on winning and losing and you think that’s defending Cal? Even though you’re not smart enough to figure it out, I was defending charity work. Oh and defend Cal 247? How is it possible to be this clueless? You’re so desperate to score mob points you post this ignorance.

I’m not even a Cal supporter and this clown makes up this lie. That’s how big of a joke they are, they lie in half their posts. Just an observation, carry on.

BTW, doing charity work is a great thing and has no effect on winning and losing.

Back to David Jones.

He is a really solid option for the bench and to backup Edwards/Bradshaw. He had 13.2 PPG and 6.8 RPG at St Johns, so if he's willing to come off the bench, that would be an outstanding replacement for what Livingston (or Keshad Johnson) could've been. He's good defensively as well.

The only thing is that he is just finishing his junior year and already transferred from DePaul to St Johns. I don't know if he will have to sit out or not.

You stated an irrelevant fact because you’re a lame trying to points with the mob. I didn’t get defensive, I just told you what I said and you doubled on your irrelevant fact for some weird reason.

BTW, washing feet and doing humanitarian work is a great thing and has nothing to do with winning or losing basketball games.
No your getting defensive, you’ve been defensive this whole time. Your doing it right now, I stated the fact because you stated it in one of your replies and I don’t care what the context was it probably doesn’t matter. Doubled down on my weird fact, your on here talking about washing damn feet on a basketball board, in any context yours is weirder and funnier how defensive you get.

No your getting defensive, you’ve been defensive this whole time. Your doing it right now, I stated the fact because you stated it in one of your replies and I don’t care what the context was it probably doesn’t matter. Doubled down on my weird fact, your on here talking about washing damn feet on a basketball board, in any context yours is weirder and funnier how defensive you get.
You don’t care what the context was? LOL, I know, you just want to argue. I didn’t say he was winning I said washing feet has no effect on winning.

Doing humanitarian work and good deeds is a good thing, it has no effect on winning or losing. That’s the context and context absolutely matters.

Last edited:
Yes. He did. No coach in modern history at UK in a non probation year has had a losing season other than cal and it’s not close.

He also has had the two most winninest seasons in UK history in 2012 and 2015. Ironic and shows how the mighty have fallen since 2009 to 2017 range really.

Seems to be that any top quality transfer isn't going to want to come here to come off the bench. Probably just have to fill in role players who get limited minutes. That may be hard as well as they want to play meaningful minutes wherever they transfer to. tricky to navigate.

Reactions: jauk11
You don’t care what the context was? LOL, I know, you just want to argue. I didn’t say he was winning I said washing feet has no effect on winning.

Doing humanitarian work and good deeds is a good thing, it has no effect on winning or losing. That’s the context and context absolutely matters.
Whatever you say man. Have a good day

Because his priorities are in the wrong place, and have been for a long time. If you think that Cal doesn't consider how HE benefits from good-doings, I don't know what to tell you. If he was so wonderful for the state and program, he wouldn't be making fun of fans. Except for the stop-gap failure that BCG was, the state of the program THEN is pretty darn similar to NOW. It's almost without question that one of the stark differences between Cal and his successor will be that the new guy will attempt to create as much separation between UK and NBA Draft Night as possible. We need a coach in here who is all about conference and tourny championships. Period.
most aren't saying he should stay; but the venom and hatred for the man is absurd

I just can't wait for the clown to be gone. He's an embarassment to Lexington and the men's basketball program. Let him go foot-wash and kneel to the flag somewhere else and talk about how much he loves the NBA, while we get a coach in here who isn't a habitual liar and wants UK to be the best of the best....
You're mad about foot washing and kneeling. Servant and expression of free speech. So how long have you been a rebel that hates America and thinks the Constitution is trash? You do you, but Jesus, you sure do hate freedom and servanthood

You're mad about foot washing and kneeling. Servant and expression of free speech. So how long have you been a rebel that hates America and thinks the Constitution is trash? You do you, but Jesus, you sure do hate freedom and servanthood
The constitution was subverted by 1861 and the second revolution ended in defeat. There’s a reason the founders descendants overwhelmingly fought with the south.

The constitution was subverted by 1861 and the second revolution ended in defeat. There’s a reason the founders descendants overwhelmingly fought with the south.
We must end this obsession with not allowing people freedom of speech. As for the foot washing, didn't Jesus wash people feet

Don't let the door hit Cow and Barn Door in the buttocks on their way out.....

It must be a lame existence desperately trying to fit into a group. Where did I defend Cal? I said doing charity work has no effect on winning and losing and you think that’s defending Cal? Even though you’re not smart enough to figure it out, I was defending charity work. Oh and defend Cal 247? How is it possible to be this clueless? You’re so desperate to score mob points you post this ignorance.

I’m not even a Cal supporter and this clown makes up this lie. That’s how big of a joke they are, they lie in half their posts. Just an observation, carry on.

BTW, doing charity work is a great thing and has no effect on winning and losing.

Time spent away from Cal learning to coach is time spent wrongly for the job he was hired to do. (Cal is failing at the job he was hired to do for a LONG while now.) No effort to get better either. Barn Door saw to it there are no repercussions. It is apparent to all that Cal cannot coach in game X's and O's, time spent learning his trade would be well spent...

Reactions: kywildcat41086
It took me 15 minutes reading this thread to figure out that Davy Jones wasn’t that dude from the Beatles. Wtf? This thread is older than my last change of underwear.

Look, I'm not thrilled with the state of the program either. But the grass isn't always greener. I don't know why you're calling out his humanitarian act of foot-washing? Cal has done a lot for the state of KY, and he is responsible for one of our eight national titles. I get that there's an expiration date to things, but people seem to forget the state of the program before he got here.
What are you talking about state of program when he got here? HIs last few years have been worse than Tubby and BCG. He is also the proud owner of the only coach in UK history to lose over 40 games in 4 years. He has one NCAAT win since 2018. He has two SECT wins since 2019. He lost in the first round to a 15 seed. He went 9-16 with a top ranked recruiting class. etc. etc.

Holy shit, you’re a giant loser.

Anyway, Jones woulda been a very good replacement for Reeves had he not returned. Dude can definitely score, but wouldn’t have worked as well as Reeves because Jones is much more ball dominant. So glad we got Antonio back.

What are you talking about state of program when he got here? HIs last few years have been worse than Tubby and BCG. He is also the proud owner of the only coach in UK history to lose over 40 games in 4 years. He has one NCAAT win since 2018. He has two SECT wins since 2019. He lost in the first round to a 15 seed. He went 9-16 with a top ranked recruiting class. etc. etc.
Would you trade Cal for BCG?

Look, I'm not thrilled with the state of the program either. But the grass isn't always greener. I don't know why you're calling out his humanitarian act of foot-washing? Cal has done a lot for the state of KY, and he is responsible for one of our eight national titles. I get that there's an expiration date to things, but people seem to forget the state of the program before he got here.
With no wish to be disrespectful to Tubby Smith ... CCC is no more "responsible for" our National Championship in 2012 than Tubby is for our National Championship in 1998. Anthony Davis and MKG are responsible for 2012 and Pitino is responsible for 1998. Remember what CCC did for us in 2013 right after AD and MKG left ? CCC took us to the NIT where we lost in the first round to Robert Morris ! ! ! That's the kind of B.S. that CCC has been "responsible for" at U.K.

• Haha
Reactions: shodaman
With no wish to be disrespectful to Tubby Smith ... CCC is no more "responsible for" our National Championship in 2012 than Tubby is for our National Championship in 1998. Anthony Davis and MKG are responsible for 2012 and Pitino is responsible for 1998. Remember what CCC did for us in 2013 right after AD and MKG left ? CCC took us to the NIT where we lost in the first round to Robert Morris ! ! ! That's the kind of B.S. that CCC has been "responsible for" at U.K.
This is ridiculous. I get the Tubby did it with Rick's players thing, and that is a much better argument, even though I still give Tubby credit for the job he did in 98. Go and look, not many 2 seeds win it all. Also, being down 17 to Duke in the Elite Eight. Tubby deserves credit for the title he won.

Anyway, your argument about Cal in 2012 is wayyyyyyyy worse. "Tubby did it with Rick's guys." Ok... But Cal definitely did it with his own guys. Who's responsible for getting AD and MKG in a UK uniform? Don't forget, Nerlens got hurt in 2013 too. That team wasn't going to sniff a title either way, but if you're going to pin 2013's results on Cal, you also have to do the same with 2012.

This thread aged well.

Jin6Mqa.jpg

Have you not seen his record the last five years? Obviously the answer is no he cannot.
I understand. I bet that your job consumes you 24/7. I bet ur boss says, why aren't u concentrating on frying those fries instead of watching ballgames

Wait.. Cal is no longer responsible for the 2012 title? But he's to blame for going to the NIT one year later? So which is it? Is the coach responsible for wins and losses or not?

Lol, absolutely unhinged.

Wow! This may be the stupidest post I've read on rafters and I have read some doozies. Tubby won 98,Pitino would have glanced out on the Sweet 16, and Cal recruited those guys. I guess Walker and McCarty and Mercer won 96. Stop doing drugs

Wait.. Cal is no longer responsible for the 2012 title? But he's to blame for going to the NIT one year later? So which is it? Is the coach responsible for wins and losses or not?

Lol, absolutely unhinged.

You cannot convince them that they're not being objective. It's amazing what emotions do to thinking.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I just can't wait for the clown to be gone. He's an embarassment to Lexington and the men's basketball program. Let him go foot-wash and kneel to the flag somewhere else and talk about how much he loves the NBA, while we get a coach in here who isn't a habitual liar and wants UK to be the best of the best....
You try waaay too hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT