ADVERTISEMENT

Hot dogs.... yes or no?

Love me some dogs...almost always have some at the ready.

Toppings - Cheese, Relish, onions and maybe a little brown mustard

Dog itself - grilled, not boiled and with a little snap to it.

Brand- Cant go wrong with Hebrew National, though really not all that picky

Recent find- Had my first WienerSchnitzel dog when I was in California last week and was surprising good for a fast food dog.

Local joint- Lonnies Taste of Chicago. Solid for any type of sausage / dog

The meat sauce up here is horrible, give me chili anytime.

The Chili Vs. Meatsauce is a personal preference.. I enjoy both, but you don't find chili as much this way..

Hey, can't expect everyone to love them. But to be clear, this meatsauce IS how they became popular. It's like Philly cheese steaks. Not everyone likes them, but you can't really say "the meatsauce in so and so is much better".. they pretty much created it. (or so I've been told growing up).

Try Famous Lunch in Troy, Mikes Hot Dogs in Schenectady, or Gus' Hot Dogs in Watervliet.

The Chili Vs. Meatsauce is a personal preference.. I enjoy both, but you don't find chili as much this way..

Hey, can't expect everyone to love them. But to be clear, this meatsauce IS how they became popular. It's like Philly cheese steaks. Not everyone likes them, but you can't really say "the meatsauce in so and so is much better".. they pretty much created it. (or so I've been told growing up).

Try Famous Lunch in Troy, Mikes Hot Dogs in Schenectady, or Gus' Hot Dogs in Watervliet.

Have had Famous Lunch in Glens Falls, Mike's and Charlies also, plus a few other places. Just not a fan.

Damn, that saddens me. I put down like 10 mini dogs and a few greek burgers in a sitting..

don't get me wrong, I'll eat them. I didn't become a fatass from not eating them.

Last time I had chili dogs at home.
SZx7vni.jpg

Piece of loaf bread folded diagonally, mustard and ketchup. Bout 20 seconds in the microwave. Cuts the bread:meat ratio in half.

Reactions: TheKentuckyKid
I eat vegan hot dogs these days.
I don't get it. I can see why some people might choose to change their diet and go vegan. However, disguising all your vegetables to look like meat is just sad. Veggie dog, veggie burger? WTF! Own your ish and do what you gotta do.

Also, Yeah. Like dogs. Don't like the normal meat to bun ratio. Usually toss 1/3 to 1/2 the bun while eating. Add spicy brown or Dijon mustard and some homemade squash relish. dynamite.

Piece of loaf bread folded diagonally, mustard and ketchup. Bout 20 seconds in the microwave. Cuts the bread:meat ratio in half.

That was what I called a "hood dog" and I'm very familiar with them. My parents thought buns were bullshit. We got them for July 4 and that's it. Cheap bastards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I prefer my dogs grilled, preferably Oscar Meyer (step above store brand) or better, ketchup, mustard, relish and onions.

If you're going to do shredded cheese, line the bottom of the bun with it before you assemble the dog. Melts better and that shit doesn't get everywhere.

^Damn that looks good.

From Arizona, the fast-food star of the 21st century
Talk about tweaking the classics. The hot dog basics are here, starting with the beef frankfurter. But the bun is bigger, denser, swaddling the dog in a doughy embrace.

There’s bacon, and pinto beans and grilled onions, and a fireworks-burst of condiments: chopped fresh onions, chopped fresh tomatoes, jalapeño sauce, mayonnaise, mustard. Add a grilled yellow chile on the side and voilà, the Sonoran Hot Dog―aka the Mexican Hot Dog―which has risen to cult status in the Southwest.

It traces its ancestry to northern Mexico but attains perfection at joints like Tucson’s El Güero Canelo and Phoenix’s Nogales Hot Dogs.

“The idea makes you go, Oh my God,” says Pamela Hamilton, editor and publisher of Edible Phoenix. “But when I took visitors around Phoenix, at the end they begged me to FedEx them hot dogs in Cape Cod.”

*Only cost about 3 bucks each with fried green chilis included.Delicious.

new-essentials-sonoran-hotdog.jpg

From Arizona, the fast-food star of the 21st century
Talk about tweaking the classics. The hot dog basics are here, starting with the beef frankfurter. But the bun is bigger, denser, swaddling the dog in a doughy embrace.

There’s bacon, and pinto beans and grilled onions, and a fireworks-burst of condiments: chopped fresh onions, chopped fresh tomatoes, jalapeño sauce, mayonnaise, mustard. Add a grilled yellow chile on the side and voilà, the Sonoran Hot Dog―aka the Mexican Hot Dog―which has risen to cult status in the Southwest.

It traces its ancestry to northern Mexico but attains perfection at joints like Tucson’s El Güero Canelo and Phoenix’s Nogales Hot Dogs.

“The idea makes you go, Oh my God,” says Pamela Hamilton, editor and publisher of Edible Phoenix. “But when I took visitors around Phoenix, at the end they begged me to FedEx them hot dogs in Cape Cod.”

new-essentials-sonoran-hotdog.jpg
You had me at Pinto Beans

Reactions: treyforuk
If you're looking to hipster up your dog for something different "Senate" in OTR Cincy has one of the best dogs I've ever had. Nice change of pace from the traditional weenie.

Trailer Park
beef hotdog, applewood bacon, american cheese, coleslaw & crushed grippos

Reactions: cawoodsct
Maybe meatloaf? You don't have meatloaf without ketchup sauce. Stay out of this one vegan boy!

And burgers!

I guess that's about it...burgers, fries, hot dogs, and meatloaf. And ranchup.

Reactions: Willy4UK
Hopefully Matt Stonie wins again this year so the rivalry continues to heat up. Chestnut winning every year has made the contest boring. Maybe that pussy Kobayashi will give it another go someday. He a shook one.

Also regarding the contest, red drink should be banned. Watching these people cram soggy hot dogs into their mouth is stomach turning enough...throwing in red color makes vomiting nearly inevitable.

Dogs are life tho. If you're ever in Hawaii, this is a must...supreme danksisity.

471_big.jpg

Reactions: Willy4UK
ADVERTISEMENT