ADVERTISEMENT

Hot dogs.... yes or no?

cawoodsct

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 27, 2006
82/15
Do you like them and if so what do you put on them, if anything?

The Sonic pretzel bacon cheesy dog looks good.

HTDG1117_Pretzel_ChBacon_highres.jpg

That sonic thing ain't too bad. I usually only get one at a sporting event or fresh off the grill at a cookout if it's nice and black.

Yes. I've been known to down a couple at Sam's club with their special. Like'm with chili, cheese and onions, mustard if the others aren't available.

Love them but usually only eat them at ball games.
I was at a fantasy football draft at Hooters and somebody brought his girlfriend with him and asked my friend if they had a good hot dog there. He said "lips and ass are lips and ass." That was funny.

I ate a Sonic chili dag last week. Have no idea what the wiener was made of. Foam rubber? Could have tied it in a knot. Never again.
Haha. I've never been able to tie my weiner in a knot.

As for the original question, I like hotdogs. Plain. Cold, microwaved, boiled or grilled. All good.

-nathan's in the fridge always.

-grabbed some fresh dogs at one of the butcher shops in Findlay market last time I was in cincy....the selection of unique "hand made" cased meats at that place is amazing.

-portillos in Chicago is cool.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
Berryman's, a little restaurant in Mt Sterling, has the best chili dogs anywhere. I've eaten them since I was a kid. 50 years later, they are still delicious. I think they probably use a Kahn's dog.

I'm a picky eater (probably would be even more picky if I saw them being made) and only put ketchup on my hot dogs. I like to eat them with some curly fries. Hope that doesn't make me a Communist sympathizer.
hot_dog_with_ketchup_poshports.jpg

By the way, I'm disappointed with no perverted Willy post about weiners in buns.

Reactions: TheKentuckyKid
I'm a picky eater (probably would be even more picky if I saw them being made) and only put ketchup on my hot dogs. I like to eat them with some curly fries. Hope that doesn't make me a Communist sympathizer.
hot_dog_with_ketchup_poshports.jpg

By the way, I'm disappointed with no perverted Willy post about weiners in buns.

My definition of picky eater and your definition of picky eater are very different. If your ass is eating that abomination in the picture then you are NOT a picky eater.

Reactions: GhostVol
Love hot dogs. Will eat them anyway, but prefer beef. I also like pickles, tomatoes, mayo, and mustard on mine. Chili and cheese is fine as well especially at those summer soft serve ice cream and chili dog places that pop up everywhere.

no matter how you choose to decorate them, a dog becomes infinitely better if deep fried or roasted over a fire until it's black

My wife likes them that way... she always said "black weiners are best"

Reactions: treyforuk
My definition of picky eater and your definition of picky eater are very different. If your ass is eating that abomination in the picture then you are NOT a picky eater.

You know what makes me really sick to my stomach
What?
Is watching you stuff your face with those hot dogs. Nobody, I mean NOBODY puts ketchup on a hot dog.
Harry Callahan

And no love for Skyline or Gold Star? WTF?

Dog with The Works.. Meat Sauce, Mustard and Onions.

One of the few claims to fame for Upstate New York..

ADVERTISEMENT