ADVERTISEMENT

Hoping for a better year from our offense

HYTCHYE ISLAND

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 7, 2013
So I’ve been casually rewatching our games from last season and man was it a struggle offensively. Devin Leary just didn’t pan out at all which seemed to be the biggest issue. While that was a big one the offensive line wasn’t much better. Jager Burton needs to be MUCH BETTER this year!

I really feel as if we have plenty of weapons to score a bunch of points! Question remains can our oline hold the line to enable Brock to feed the studs?! If so, I think Bush Hamdan will have a field day!!! Not too long til football guys!!! Can’t wait!!$

The play calling was not as good as the first go-round with Coen, imo. He called too many long passes that just weren't in Leary's skillset. Throw in an inconsistent OL, WRs that weren't motivated and a pace that can only be described as glacially slow and you've got an offense that rarely found its rhythm.

I believe we'll see a significant improvement this year.

The play calling was not as good as the first go-round with Coen, imo. He called too many long passes that just weren't in Leary's skillset. Throw in an inconsistent OL, WRs that weren't motivated and a pace that can only be described as glacially slow and you've got an offense that rarely found its rhythm.

I believe we'll see a significant improvement this year.
You’re dead on!!! Liam was also a big reason for our offense sputtering along last year. Not sure what he was doing tbh? It wasn’t pretty though.

but we scored 29 pts a game last year….ill grant you it was a bit too much boom or bust ..but UK put points in the board

When you break it all down,it really comes down to two things.The offensive line and special teams. If our punting can flip the field and O-line shows significant improvement then we could have a very successful season. If we struggle in those areas its not going to turn out well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT