ADVERTISEMENT

Home Crowd!!

I'm to the point that we just play all games away from Rupp. Go to a draw system and rent other arenas. We have one of the worst home crowds in the country. Give some of these other schools our players and watch how they cheer.😥😡🤔

Can’t wait as I’ll be at my second game this year thanks to work travel. Miami was the first, UF is next, and I think I might be able to extend that work trip to get the UT game in.

Im not trying to start an argument, and I know people call them "blue hairs" because they're older, but they are the ones that can usually afford the high priced tickets down low. My aunt had season tickets before she passed away (they reverted back then...she forgot to put them in her will, which was fine because most of the family couldn't afford them). They are hard to get. She graduated from there in 1962 and just got them about 15 years ago. She passed away last year at age 93. She yelled like everyone else...she just didn't stand up all the time. I'm 65 and I wouldn't be able to stand for long because of back and knee issues but I yell as loud as anyone. Not all of us who are "older"🤣🤣, are quiet as mice. Some of you might remember that when you are old and falling apart...lol🤣🤣🤣!! Seriously, I think (and I may be wrong) most yell. They just can't stand for long periods of time.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

Im not trying to start an argument, and I know people call them "blue hairs" because they're older, but they are the ones that can usually afford the high priced tickets down low. My aunt had season tickets before she passed away (they reverted back then...she forgot to put them in her will, which was fine because most of the family couldn't afford them). They are hard to get. She graduated from there in 1962 and just got them about 15 years ago. She passed away last year at age 93. She yelled like everyone else...she just didn't stand up all the time. I'm 65 and I wouldn't be able to stand for long because of back and knee issues but I yell as loud as anyone. Not all of us who are "older"🤣🤣, are quiet as mice. Some of you might remember that when you are old and falling apart...lol🤣🤣🤣!! Seriously, I think (and I may be wrong) most yell. They just can't stand for long periods of time.

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙
My grandparents had season tickets for decades. They're in their 90's now :( One of the strangest things to ever happen to me is when I met a lady in the early 1990's in Lexington. She was from Pennsylvania. Esther El Mariano was her name, she passed away back in the mid 2010's I think. Very nice, and she was very pretty. Anyway after we chatted for a bit she asked me if I knew so-and-so. I told her that yes, they were my grandparents (same ones above). She told me that she had season tickets sitting right beside them! What are the odds that of being from a small town and running into someone in Lexington (pop of maybe 140,000 at the time) who happened to have season tickets sitting right beside my grandparents in an arena that holds maybe 25,000 or so people?

Reactions: ORCAT and susan2361
My grandparents had season tickets for decades. They're in their 90's now :( One of the strangest things to ever happen to me is when I met a lady in the early 1990's in Lexington. She was from Pennsylvania. Esther El Mariano was her name, she passed away back in the mid 2010's I think. Very nice, and she was very pretty. Anyway after we chatted for a bit she asked me if I knew so-and-so. I told her that yes, they were my grandparents (same ones above). She told me that she had season tickets sitting right beside them! What are the odds that of being from a small town and running into someone in Lexington (pop of maybe 140,000 at the time) who happened to have season tickets sitting right beside my grandparents in an arena that holds maybe 25,000 or so people?
That is so amazing! What are the odds? Wow!!😃

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙

Reactions: NociHTTP
Everyone going to a game really needs to think of themselves as part of the team. That's what I do. Because we are. Help them fight for every win.

I'm negative as hell on this board at times (lately) but when I'm at Rupp/Commonwealth I'm going nuts.

There were very few empty seats. Coming from a lower level season ticket holder who was there. Very, very few open. So not sure what you are seeing.
Some people want to bitch about something, so they will literally find anything to bitch about.

We are 12-2 and will be in the Top 5 come Monday barring anything weird happening this weekend. But, let's just bitch about what won't change.

Enjoy the damn ride!

Reactions: Mulder14

GO BIG BLUE!!!💙💙💙
I have season tickets and I've sat around a good number of younger fans and the majority of them just sit on their hands most of the time while I'm yelling and cheering and jumping up from time to time. It's not just the older fans who don't always yell or get out of their seats. Most of the time it gets pretty loud in Rupp when it's a good tight game.

It was a weird game that even though we weren't blowing them out the game never seemed in jeopardy. Also, the number of fouls, especially in the 2nd half seemed to kill any buzz from the crowd. With that said Rupp can have a tendency to be too quiet if it's not a big opponent.

Ughh this old complaint about noise at Rupp..........

TV coverage never shows how loud the crowd really is.
Rupp crowd, and UK players, don't get up for a game against Texas A&M Commerce.
The crowd gets loud as hell for big games that we need.

Yea let's change things cuz we've only won 90% of our games there. Gotta get it up to 100%.

What happened to our new floor? We only played on it for the UNC Wilmington game and then back to the “Stickers”. Any news on when it might come back to stay?

What happened to our new floor? We only played on it for the UNC Wilmington game and then back to the “Stickers”. Any news on when it might come back to stay?
All we've heard is that it was defective somehow and needed to be repaired. No idea when it will be back.

“Robbins produced a custom structural design unique to the Rupp Arena floor. Although the floor performed as intended when tested at the factory, both Robbins and UK officials were not satisfied with the performance of the floor under game conditions. For this reason, Robbins is expediting a floor replacement and looks forward to delivering a new floor to Rupp Arena as soon as possible,” Robbins Product Manager John Puening said.

Got three fans behind the goal waving stick balloons distracting free throw shooters. Would you say Rupp's crowd is fitting to be the "gold standard"? Yea, me neither....

Lower arena UK fans have to be the most entitled lot in the country. Act like they're watching an opera.
Way it's always been. 30 years ago when I was in college there. The student section used to chant. "Go Alumni! Beat the Traffic"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT