ADVERTISEMENT

Hollywood Tough Guys

That list had Nicholas Cage, Will Smith, Matt Damon and Marky Mark. Another one I don’t get that everyone acts is so tough is that Danny Trejo. He’s a 5’3” old man.

Reactions: UK82
That list had Nicholas Cage, Will Smith, Matt Damon and Marky Mark. Another one I don’t get that everyone acts is so tough is that Danny Trejo. He’s a 5’3” old man.
I agree, it's a bad list but this is 2024. The definition has changed I guess. My list would be much different.

It might have something to do with being a drug dealer at 7, arrested for the first time at 10, spending most of his juvenile years in group homes for various crimes like stabbing a sailor in the face with a broken glass and spending many years of his adult life in various prisons including San Quentin and Folsom.

No Richard Kiel (Jaws from James Bond, Pale Rider, Longest Yard, Force Ten from Navarone) or Gerard Butler (300). I would take them over Roy Scheider and some others.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_Dee and UK82
Tough decision between Bronson and Eastwood. Bronson was the definition of "old guy tough." Clint's movies got a bit cringy once he was all wrinkled up yet his love interest in every film looked 35 years younger. About a year ago, I re-watched Dirty Harry after several years and now I legit think it's one of the best films ever made. There's probably 25 John Wayne movies I love but his toughness always seemed simplistic, like one punch and that's it. He reminded me of later Frankenstein sequels when the monster would shove someone to the side and the character would just fall over and lay there as if dead. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance is just incredible though.

I'll say: 1) Bronson 2) Eastwood 3) Wayne

Pat Roach could've beaten the hell out of 90% of the people on that list. He was an actual boxer, championship wrestler, Judo champion, and Black Belt who played General Kael in Willow, Thoth-Amon in Conan the Destroyer, and multiple characters who nearly pummeled Indiana Jones to death, among several other notable "tough guy" roles in major movies. He also turned down the role of Darth Vader.

Pat-Roach-wrestler-actor.jpg

Reactions: UK82
It might have something to do with being a drug dealer at 7, arrested for the first time at 10, spending most of his juvenile years in group homes for various crimes like stabbing a sailor in the face with a broken glass and spending many years of his adult life in various prisons including San Quentin and Folsom.
Saying he has been to prison even furthers my point. I've worked 11 years in the most active federal penitentiary in the nation. Believe me, prison doesn't make you tough. In fact, it makes you the opposite. Nobody fights one on one, they cower like little kids if you scold them over rules. The stereotype couldn't be further than the truth.

#1 Lee Marvin, a real badass.
Named for his distant cousin Gen Robert E. Lee, as a kid hunted wild turkey and puma in the Everglades, poor student, enlisted in the Marines at age 18 during WW2, participated in over 20 amphibious assaults in the Pacific Theater, injured by machine gun fire in the Battle of Saipan, numerous battle citations but demoted to PFC before his discharge as a "troublemaker".

John Wayne dodged military service in WW II and was held in contempt by folks like John Ford. Lee Marvin certainly personified toughness in his career. Gene Hackman and Robert Duvall in their time.

Reactions: JGCraw and J_Dee
For the modern era.. Alan Ritchson is gotta be close to the top. But there really aren't many these days.

For the modern era.. Alan Ritchson is gotta be close to the top. But there really aren't many these days.
Actually, he's a pvssy liberal (redundant).

If you know your history, you'll notice something on that list about Hollywood tough guys. There aren't many wussy George Clooney types.

Actually, he's a pvssy liberal (redundant).

If you know your history, you'll notice something on that list about Hollywood tough guys. There aren't many wussy George Clooney types.

I think I did see that he had some recent liberal stuff, which is disappointing to hear. Same with Jon Bernthal...

• Haha
Reactions: WTF Cat and JDHoss
Victor McLaglen. Joined the British army at 14 to fight in the Boer War, though kicked out when they found out his true age. Joined again to fight in WW1. A pro wrestler and heavyweight boxer (16-8-1). Toured with a circus where they offered 25$ to anyone who could last 3 rounds with him. Was heavyweight boxing champ of British Army in 1918.

Last edited:
Looking at Audie you sure wouldn’t think it.
remember oliver wendell douglas? green acres

b81690b0cfc815b10046db7025fa3d92.jpg

On September 9, 1942, Albert enlisted in the United States Coast Guard and was discharged in 1943 to accept an appointment as a lieutenant in the U.S. Naval Reserve. He was awarded the Bronze Star with Combat "V" for his actions during the invasion of Tarawain November 1943, when, as the coxswain of a US Navy landing craft, he rescued 47 Marines who were stranded offshore (and supervised the rescue of 30 others), while under heavy enemy machine-gun fire.[7]

Seriously? I mean…MATT DAMON.

Dude is a simp beta
The only one on that list you replied to that’s close to a badass in real life is Marky Mark. Nicholas cage is old as hell, Will Smith is dominated by his cheating blowing other dudes wife, etc.

Wait is this real life badasses or Hollywood guys playing badasses? Because my vote is that 99% of them are real life pussies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT