ADVERTISEMENT

Hi, I’m Altmin. Is UK the only clean top program?

880dba815ee76e6d5abf9a915a8c0dac.jpg

Define clean.

Is Kentucky using shoe money to buy recruits? No.

Is Cal coordinating with bag men to pay John Wall? No.

Could a player have taken money at some point at it didn’t hit Cals radar? Maybe.

But until you have something, it isn’t “objective” to assume. It’s lazy.

Well said Morg!

Reactions: kl40504
You can believe the fairy tale if you want. I have seen enough to say confidently that there is slime everywhere. In fact, it wouldn't be objective to say that all of the other programs are cheating but somehow this program is not. It makes no sense. I am not saying that Coach Cal is making payment or even aware of anything (I believe strongly in him) but there is cheating, IMO, at every major (and probably all of the minor) sports programs.

What's your definition of cheating? Do you consider a minor violation to be cheating? Like per say buying a kid lunch or something. It's all how you would define cheating. For me, I define it as paying players/families to come to your school with money or benefits (yes UL fans, prostitutes fall into that benefits category), paying players while they're at the school, recieving money from outside help ala boosters, or giving academic benefits while at the institution. I dont consider much of anything else cheating, IMO. Every school is going to break NCAA rules and have violations simply because they're so many thousands of rules that its bound to happen everywhere. But as far as my definition of cheating, I do think there are many clean programs out there, including us. That may be naive to think that way but that's what I believe until proven otherwise.

Seriously, we’re under a microscope at UK! Especially, with Cal here! No one has their head the sand here!

Can you explain how Kentucky is under a microscope? Not picking on you specifically, I've just read that here over the years and not sure I understand how this is happening. Are there NCAA representatives that sit at Kentucky's basketball offices and travel with the coaches on recruiting trips? Do all calls and texts made by Kentucky coaches recorded and listened to by these NCAA representatives and/or Kentucky's compliance department? Is the size of Kentucky's compliance department twice or three times the size of similar compliance departments at other P5 schools/programs? Does the media paint everything Kentucky in a negative light? If so, can you point me to these articles, because the ones I read praise Calipari for his achievements and domination of the recruiting scene.

Can you explain how Kentucky is under a microscope? Not picking on you specifically, I've just read that here over the years and not sure I understand how this is happening. Are there NCAA representatives that sit at Kentucky's basketball offices and travel with the coaches on recruiting trips? Do all calls and texts made by Kentucky coaches recorded and listened to by these NCAA representatives and/or Kentucky's compliance department? Is the size of Kentucky's compliance department twice or three times the size of similar compliance departments at other P5 schools/programs? Does the media paint everything Kentucky in a negative light? If so, can you point me to these articles, because the ones I read praise Calipari for his achievements and domination of the recruiting scene.

Calipari couldn’t even accept a 500 win game ball. It was deeply troubling according to the NCAA. If they had anything on the man, we’d be on probation. So yes, we consider ourselves under a microscope. The first few seasons here, almost every top recruit of ours was investigated thoroughly. Do you remember when Pete Thamel was running rampant?

It’s obvious why you’re resorting to this anyway. Bill Self gets caught, so everyone must be doing it.

Calipari couldn’t even accept a 500 win game ball. It was deeply troubling according to the NCAA. If they had anything on the man, we’d be on probation. So yes, we consider ourselves under a microscope. The first few seasons here, almost every top recruit of ours was investigated thoroughly. Do you remember when Pete Thamel was running rampant?

It’s obvious why you’re resorting to this anyway. Bill Self gets caught, so everyone must be doing it.

My question has nothing to do with Self. The NCAA's action on Calipari's 500th win really isn't an example of being under the microscope. I also follow recruiting religiously and do not remember any recruits Calipari's first few years being "investigated" thoroughly. All recruits get investigated by the NCAA and college compliance departments. It is part of the process. What additional vetting are you citing that does not normally occur?

My question has nothing to do with Self. The NCAA's action on Calipari's 500th win really isn't an example of being under the microscope. I also follow recruiting religiously and do not remember any recruits Calipari's first few years being "investigated" thoroughly. All recruits get investigated by the NCAA and college compliance departments. It is part of the process. What additional vetting are you citing that does not normally occur?

Why were UK fans so easily able to find many other programs and coaches who had been accounting for vacated wins in their media guides? How come the NCAA wasn’t troubled all the countless times prior to Cal accepting a game ball? You don’t consider this being under a microscope? I’m very curious to hear your answer.

And yes, all recruits get investigated. Some get more investigated than others too. I recall Eric Bledsoe getting thoroughly investigated. John Wall was thoroughly investigated. And not only by the NCAA, But by Pete Thamel. He even flew out to Turkey to investigate Enes Kanter. Cal is pretty much hated by most of the college basketball media, and they’ve been chomping at the bit to find anything on the man. Just ask Pat Forde.

Why were UK fans so easily able to find many other programs and coaches who had been accounting for vacated wins in their media guides? How come the NCAA wasn’t troubled all the countless times prior to Cal accepting a game ball? You don’t consider this being under a microscope? I’m very curious to hear your answer.

And yes, all recruits get investigated. Some get more investigated than others too. I recall Eric Bledsoe getting thoroughly investigated. John Wall was thoroughly investigated. And not only by the NCAA, But by Pete Thamel. He even flew out to Turkey to investigate Enes Kanter. Cal is pretty much hated by most of the college basketball media, and they’ve been chomping at the bit to find anything on the man. Just ask Pat Forde.

Pat Forde is a hack. As is Wetzel.

Go back and read articles by Jerry Tipton in the Lexington Herald Leader. Cal knew when he came here that he would be under a microscope with the NCAA. He already had a season at Memphis vacated because of the overhand of the NCAA on the Rose case and also had the Camby case at UMASS. The NCAA found him not responsible in both cases but he knew they would be watching closely. The NCAA does not like to lose.

Come on man, you know what it means when folks make that comment. The fact that someone has to explain it to you is kinda ridiculous and your posts seems like argument bait. The reason I say that is because you're a intelligent poster, we are obviously fans of different programs but I still respect your comments and I know you know the reference. However, just for good measures, I'll explain it to you...........

It is simply a figure of speech meaning that we are an extremely high profile school, with an extremely high profile coach, with extremely high profile players. That means we have an extremely large amount of eyes watching this school, that coach, and those players. Not to mention all of the haters out that that would just LOVE to catch UK or Cal doing something. Haters that would go well above and beyond normal methods or work practices just to do so.

Thus.......the analogy of being under a microscope!

Last edited:

Kentucky’s fan base is the largest and most vocal. Even though we’re a blue blood, we aren’t part of the elite establishment of the ncaa. We are a southern state, basketball school in a football conference. The media elites hate UK. Kansas is their compromise so you wouldn’t understand any of this.

If they can nail UK, they will. And the media loves the clicks they get from Uk drama. Even our beat writers are always after us for attention.

Add Calipari to it, who’s not of the coaching establishment and isn’t liked by the ncaa, and you’ve got what we have. Every writer in the country wants the dirt on UK. SELF IS LIKED by the establishment, and Kansas is tolerated.

Again, something you wouldn’t know anything about. Just take our word for it.

Kentucky’s fan base is the largest and most vocal. Even though we’re a blue blood, we aren’t part of the elite establishment of the ncaa. We are a southern state, basketball school in a football conference. The media elites hate UK. Kansas is their compromise so you wouldn’t understand any of this.

If they can nail UK, they will. And the media loves the clicks they get from Uk drama. Even our beat writers are always after us for attention.

Add Calipari to it, who’s not of the coaching establishment and isn’t liked by the ncaa, and you’ve got what we have. Every writer in the country wants the dirt on UK. SELF IS LIKED by the establishment, and Kansas is tolerated.

Again, something you wouldn’t know anything about. Just take our word for it.

I'll take your word for it, but the man is in the HOF, so someone likes him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT