ADVERTISEMENT

Here's my worry

wildcatglenn

All-SEC
Mar 8, 2005
USA
When the team was running and playing loose they were great. Like we've seen before, Cal likes to "grind" out a win. We saw him posting Mitchell late in the game. My worry is he will revert to this once we get some size back, even though they aren't traditional back to the basket big men.
Its like he can’t help himself

Cal doesn't have the intestinal fortitude to do the hard thing; namely, to put Shep at PG and let him run the team. Like Pitino did in 1995 after the UMass loss.

He doesn't want to take DJ's heart.

So we will live or die by DJ's performance every single game.

It's not going to be pretty.
Everytime Shep came out kansas went on a run. Dude is the 2nd best guard on the team behind Rob. He will never start this year sadly. Cal has promised DJ's dad he willg get him drafted.

Bradshaw and Big Z aren't really back to the basket players, so that does give me hope he won't. Then I remember the Skal year...

I am hoping all the changes from last night are here to stay with Cal and we can play like last night, just with some athletic big men.

When Ugonna comes back, he is a clog the paint style big. You have to play that way unless he has developed more range. I foresee him being option 3 in the middle as he will be back after the other 2

When the team was running and playing loose they were great. Like we've seen before, Cal likes to "grind" out a win. We saw him posting Mitchell late in the game. My worry is he will revert to this once we get some size back, even though they aren't traditional back to the basket big men.
My thought last night was that had our bigs been in the game, we would have been blown out because Cal would have insisted on feeding the ball to them, and HD would have plastered them with their own lay up attempts. It was better that we kept the ball out of HD's reach.

You guy don’t have to worry. Mitch read this thread and cancelled the season. They quit. No more losing at Kentucky. Next year will be robots controlled by PlayStation. Only fans named Benny will be permitted on the bench in a coaching capacity.

Everytime Shep came out kansas went on a run. Dude is the 2nd best guard on the team behind Rob. He will never start this year sadly. Cal has promised DJ's dad he willg get him drafted.
It's looking like he will be 2nd round pick level. I see nothing transcendent about his game.

He's an Andrew Harrison-level talent. Three years in the league, then done.

Reactions: RunninRichie
This is my worry as well. I almost threw the remote at the tv last few minutes watching Cal revert and slow it down. It’s coming, if we get a 7 footer to play. I’m still not convinced we will.

Reactions: EliteBlue
That’s what beat UK. Kansas started posting Dickerson. If any of the bigs for UK had played, they would have won.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT