ADVERTISEMENT

Hendon Hooker

Wonky

Junior
Jan 16, 2021
Threw for 349 yards and rushed for another 112 last night. I really miss seeing the big run plays from Levis this year. Hoping we will see him get loose more with C-Rod back. Yes I know O-line is a big part of it too. Levis is a true dual threat quarterback but we haven’t seen it so far this season. I hope he can show some of that going into the meat of the schedule. I know Scang wants to protect him but can’t be too conservative or we ain’t beating teams like UT.

When you have the talent at WR that we have, you don’t need him running the ball. Not to mention we can’t afford to have him taking unnecessary hits though he’s getting sacked 3-5 times a game. We are on the razors edge when it comes to our quarterbacks. We go from 1st round pick to Joe the Plumber in terms of depth. Getting Rodriquez back will hopefully balance things out. O line knows what they need to do..

We’ve got the receivers that are good enough to help protect Levis. Honestly I don’t want to see him taking more hits. We lose Levis it’s all over. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hooker injured at some point this year. He’s taken some really big blows.

We’ve got the receivers that are good enough to help protect Levis. Honestly I don’t want to see him taking more hits. We lose Levis it’s all over. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hooker injured at some point this year. He’s taken some really big blows.
Heard Hooker banged his shoulder vs UF. If their D continues giving up 600+ yards offense to non-offensive teams like they did yesterday they'll really need him.

Hooker is a great QB, and a leader. He was in obvious pain went out and put it on the line, guys respond to that, will play thier hearts out for that kind of guy

Hooker is either 25 or 26 yrs old. The guy has been playing college football forever. Think UT is trying to lock him down to a long term contract.

Reactions: Chad Rock and JC-3
Heard Hooker banged his shoulder vs UF. If their D continues giving up 600+ yards offense to non-offensive teams like they did yesterday they'll really need him.
I still haven’t finished watching the UT game but he came off the field gingerly hanging his shoulder I believe in the 3Q. I’m assuming he finished the game?

Last edited:
Let's hope crod can help give him more time on the play action, force the line backers to honor the run.

They reported on the off season that he had added even more weight in the weight room (at the time they were talking like a positive “can you believe this guy!!”) But I think that additional bulk has made him lose a step. Last season he was escaping pass rush and beating them to the edge to turn the corner for 5-10 yards. This season he’s getting chased down from behind and can’t turn the edge.

If you can win without needing him to run don't run him. That has been the case so far. If he needs to run to win he will run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT