ADVERTISEMENT

Heard UK’s heating up with Tre Mitchell

Would be a huge get. Kid averaged 18 and 19 ppg as a freshman and sophomore. Shoots 36% from three. Competent rebounder and defender. Automatically puts UK in preseason top 5.

Kid absolutely balled out as a sophomore:

19 ppg, 7 rpg, 2 apg, 1.5 bpg, 1 spg, and 38% from three.

Best case scenario seems plausible at this point:

C - Onyenso - Bradshaw - Cyril
F - Bradshaw - Mitchell - Burks
F - Edwards - Thiero - Burks - Hart
G - Reeves - Dillingham - Sheppard - Hart
G - Wagner - Dillingham - Sheppard

That's preseason top 5 talent.

If Cal could convince Bradshaw that the 5 spot is his best option for a long-term NBA career, suddenly you could move Mitchell to the 4 and have five scorers on the court at once.

While this would be fantastic news, he's not even in the portal? Over in that Reeves chest thumping thread, they say that if a kid doesn't enter the portal, then conversations with other schools don't happen. How can we be heating up with Mitchell?
Tampering. Everyone's doing it these days and hopefully Kentucky is doing it with Mitchell.

From Pittsburgh, played at UMass and for his buddy at WVU. Not crazy about being someone's 4th school but it feels like a match.

Reactions: Fox2monk
From Pittsburgh, played at UMass and for his buddy at WVU. Not crazy about being someone's 4th school but it feels like a match.
Why left UMass to go to a P5 made sense. Leaving WVU now also does for him. The only one that could be concerning was him leaving Texas.

Reactions: EastLansingCat
While this would be fantastic news, he's not even in the portal? Over in that Reeves chest thumping thread, they say that if a kid doesn't enter the portal, then conversations with other schools don't happen. How can we be heating up with Mitchell?
These kids have people working on their behalf behind the scenes. Feeling out options. It’s natural he’s anxious and exploring. Could be as simple as his parents checking.

He needs to be seen for his future in an entity that can showcase his ability asap. WVU is limbo right now. A new coach could start all over. UK has the profile and goods to get him where he wants to go.

Not saying he’s coming to UK but he’s got people checking around to see where he could fit and UK has a need at PF.

Just reporting what I heard. Hope it works out for both.

These kids have people working on their behalf behind the scenes. Feeling out options. It’s natural he’s anxious and exploring. Could be as simple as his parents checking.

He needs to be seen for his future in an entity that can showcase his ability asap. WVU is limbo right now. A new coach could start all over. UK has the profile and goods to get him where he wants to go.

Not saying he’s coming to UK but he’s got people checking around to see where he could fit and UK has a need at PF.

Just reporting what I heard. Hope it works out for both.
You're fine, and I hope all that happens. I was pointing out how silly people were being in that Reeves thread, acting like these conversations don't happen and a player isn't looking to leave until they hit the portal.

Reactions: Kybluedude
Get Mitchell and go with a modern style. Play 2 power forwards instead of a center that can’t shoot from the outside. That way, Mitchell and Bradshaw can play together.
Cal can still play through the post, just not every play like it's 1985.
Really hope this style of play is an influence Welch can bring.

Best case scenario seems plausible at this point:

C - Onyenso - Bradshaw - Cyril
F - Bradshaw - Mitchell - Burks
F - Edwards - Thiero - Burks - Hart
G - Reeves - Dillingham - Sheppard - Hart
G - Wagner - Dillingham - Sheppard

That's preseason top 5 talent.

If Cal could convince Bradshaw that the 5 spot is his best option for a long-term NBA career, suddenly you could move Mitchell to the 4 and have five scorers on the court at once.
That's a list of guys who has good talent. Can it win big boy games and get things together when they never have played much together? I like the lineup options especially if Therio improves so much he takes minutes. That's 9 guys and enough guards to get thru a injury or ankle roll.

why would this kid be a better fit than the big guy from Syracuse?
I think with the Bradshaw news, Mitchell is the better fit because he is a stronger perimeter player and can be used at the 4.

Most figure we have Cyril coming in at the 5 and so we need a 4 that can play the 5 some rather than a 5 that can play the 4 some (Edwards).

Cyril and Onyenso will man the 5, with Mitchell playing there some in a pinch.

Mitchell could man the 4 with Thiero and/or Burks backing him up.

So if Bradshaw can’t (or doesn’t) come back, we are still in good shape in the frontcourt.

I think with the Bradshaw news, Mitchell is the better fit because he is a stronger perimeter player and can be used at the 4.

Most figure we have Cyril coming in at the 5 and so we need a 4 that can play the 5 some rather than a 5 that can play the 4 some (Edwards).

Cyril and Onyenso will man the 5, with Mitchell playing there some in a pinch.

Mitchell could man the 4 with Thiero and/or Burks backing him up.

So if Bradshaw can’t (or doesn’t) come back, we are still in good shape in the frontcourt.
Cyril and Mitchell would complete the roster. Really hoping we get them, or at least some veteran PF along with Cyril (just seems all the smoke is we're getting Cyril)

Sorry, even if everyone else were doing it, in NO WAY is it ok for me to do it. I wish folks would get this.
Then you should also be okay if UK falls behind on the portal as they move into this age of instant transfers. Tampering if going to be the way to stay ahead of the game. Without it, UK will not land very man elite transfers.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
A Alabama fan account on Twitter said Mitchell to auburn, auburn to me makes no sense, they have Williams and broome locked in starters at the 4 &5 already. Mitchell starts here

Reactions: CatPatrick13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT