ADVERTISEMENT

Heard UK’s heating up with Tre Mitchell

Plus your second unit would be spearhead by Dillingham, who automatically continues the faster pace as he and Sheppard enter into the game with Thiero.

That would be an elite top 9.

-Two top picks in Wagner and Edwards.
-A potential third top 15 pick in Bradshaw.
-Dillingham, who is a wild card.
-Another guy who has historically been able to score 15 ppg for us.
-Mitchell, who is a potential all-conference performer.
-Sheppard, as the perfect 4th guard in the rotation.
-Onyenso, as a potential all-conference defender.

I could see:

Edwards - 13ppg
Wagner - 13ppg
Reeves - 12ppg
Bradshaw - 10ppg
Mitchell - 10ppg
Dillingham - 8ppg
Thiero - 4ppg
Onyenso - 4ppg
Sheppard - 3ppg
Cyril - 2ppg
Rest of the team combined: 3ppg
If all that happens we would have a balanced and deep roster. It would be nice and I could easily see 5 double digit scorers like that too.

I just want to reiterate--I REALLY want this guy.

He's the final infinity stone. I'm assuming Cyril is already locked in.

An experienced big that can stretch the floor. He shot 36% from 3.
He's athletic enough. He actually averaged a block and a steal per game his 1st 2 seasons.

I've heard the argument that he doesn't want to lose minutes when Bradhsaw comes back--play Edwards and Bradshaw together. Give me two bigs that can space the floor and let DJ/Dilly/J Edwards eat. We'll race people to 100.

Though to be fair, I'm also in favor of DJ/Edwards/Dilly/Reeves/Big.

The point is, we can do a lot of GOOD things with the roster if we can get Mitchell

Get Mitchell and go with a modern style. Play 2 power forwards instead of a center that can’t shoot from the outside. That way, Mitchell and Bradshaw can play together.
Cal can still play through the post, just not every play like it's 1985.
This all day man.

Saw people on Twitter saying minutes wouldn't be there at UK--YES, THEY WOULD.

Running Mitchell and Bradshaw together would be the dream. Stretch the floor Open things up for DJ/Edwards/Dilly/Reeves. Bradshaw gives you the rim protection factor. Mitchell isn't a non-factor himself. He averaged a block a game his 1st 2 years in college.

Rotate Ugonna and Cyril in to give 1 guy a breather while the other stays at PF.

If we land Mitchell, I feel like we're back in the contender conversation.

That would be awesome, too bad Ryan Lemondhead is a DA, I hope Brahman or someone says it.
yes it would be, this guys can do it all, for his position. Sets solid picks, excellent at the line, quick first step, explosive.....lits to like. Last season at texas he avg 18.2 mins so sharing time shouldn't be a hard. Hopefully Cals done Fing around and finds Mitchell couple bags full of hundred dollar bills.Nit that this means crap but I feel good about this one vs all the others.

I just want to reiterate--I REALLY want this guy.

He's the final infinity stone. I'm assuming Cyril is already locked in.

An experienced big that can stretch the floor. He shot 36% from 3.
He's athletic enough. He actually averaged a block and a steal per game his 1st 2 seasons.

I've heard the argument that he doesn't want to lose minutes when Bradhsaw comes back--play Edwards and Bradshaw together. Give me two bigs that can space the floor and let DJ/Dilly/J Edwards eat. We'll race people to 100.

Though to be fair, I'm also in favor of DJ/Edwards/Dilly/Reeves/Big.

The point is, we can do a lot of GOOD things with the roster if we can get Mitchell
Did he go to WVa for mins. I seen at Texas he avg 18.2 mins.

If all that happens we would have a balanced and deep roster. It would be nice and I could easily see 5 double digit scorers like that too.
And thats what we need, 5 or 6 guys who can go out there and getting ya 20.

Going off Twitter soley there seems to be one side that thinks Mitchell for sure enters the portal and one that thinks he doesn’t even entertain leaving WVA at all

This all day man.

Running Mitchell and Bradshaw together would be the dream. Stretch the floor Open things up for DJ/Edwards/Dilly/Reeves. Bradshaw gives you the rim protection factor. Mitchell isn't a non-factor himself. He averaged a block a game his 1st 2 years in college.

Rotate Ugonna and Cyril in to give 1 guy a breather while the other stays at PF.

Plenty of minutes at the 4 and 5. Cyril and Onyenso are not 25-30 minute guys. They probably play around 15 minutes a game a piece if we get Mitchell.

If Bradshaw comes back healthy:

PF Bradshaw(25)/Mitchell(15)
C Mitchell(10)/Onyenso(15)/Cyril(15)

That’s just an estimate. I could see Mitchell pushing 30mpg and Onyenso and/or Cyril getting fewer minutes. Same with Bradshaw if he comes back strong.

And Cal will not want to play Thiero and/or Burks at the 4 very much with those four on the team. He hates going small. He’ll rotate those big guys in at the 4-5 like he always does.

Now if Bradshaw doesn’t come back and is out all season:

PF Mitchell(30)/Thiero(10)
C Onyenso(20)/Cyril(20)

Not much of a gamble for Mitchell to come here. He either starts opposite of Bradshaw or starts in his place. Either way he is a starter playing 25-30mpg.

Plus your second unit would be spearhead by Dillingham, who automatically continues the faster pace as he and Sheppard enter into the game with Thiero.

That would be an elite top 9.

-Two top picks in Wagner and Edwards.
-A potential third top 15 pick in Bradshaw.
-Dillingham, who is a wild card.
-Another guy who has historically been able to score 15 ppg for us.
-Mitchell, who is a potential all-conference performer.
-Sheppard, as the perfect 4th guard in the rotation.
-Onyenso, as a potential all-conference defender.

I could see:

Edwards - 13ppg
Wagner - 13ppg
Reeves - 12ppg
Bradshaw - 10ppg
Mitchell - 10ppg
Dillingham - 8ppg
Thiero - 4ppg
Onyenso - 4ppg
Sheppard - 3ppg
Cyril - 2ppg
Rest of the team combined: 3ppg
Exactly. I would love it if Cal went away from his typical post up game and went with a spread offense, he could if he wanted to, but I don't think he trusts it, even though we keep seeing teams win titles with that offense.

The Bradshaw injury could be a blessing in disquize too. It might force Cal to do what he probably wasn’t going to do, which is nring in more quality 4's.

Reactions: jace2012
This all day man.

Like you said in another post, get dudes that can run and shoot, race everyone to 100.

I get in these discussions on here about what our issues have been and while both the O and the D are issues, I feel like the real problem has been the offense. If you don't score and you let the opponent hang around, you bring 'losing' into the equation.

When you score in bunches, you put so much pressure on the opponent that eventually they panic and cave.

Under Cal, our offense, more times than not, labors to score and is the main reason why we keep getting beat.

Virginia suffers the same issue. They slow the pace down and every game is a rock fight, well, they keep getting caught on the wrong end of major upsets.

Cal needs to modernize his offense. He gets all these thoroughbreds, then restricts them with outdated garbage.

Plenty of minutes at the 4 and 5. Cyril and Onyenso are not 25-30 minute guys. They probably play around 15 minutes a game a piece if we get Mitchell.

If Bradshaw comes back healthy:

PF Bradshaw(25)/Mitchell(15)
C Mitchell(10)/Onyenso(15)/Cyril(15)

That’s just an estimate. I could see Mitchell pushing 30mpg and Onyenso and/or Cyril getting fewer minutes. Same with Bradshaw if he comes back strong.

And Cal will not want to play Thiero and/or Burks at the 4 very much with those four on the team. He hates going small. He’ll rotate those big guys in at the 4-5 like he always does.

Now if Bradshaw doesn’t come back and is out all season:

PF Mitchell(30)/Thiero(10)
C Onyenso(20)/Cyril(20)

Not much of a gamble for Mitchell to come here. He either starts opposite of Bradshaw or starts in his place. Either way he is a starter playing 25-30mpg.

I agree with most of this, but I think that's too many minutes for Cyril. I think he's more of a 5-8 minute guy as a freshman. He is incredibly raw and won't even get here until late August/September.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I agree with most of this, but I think that's too many minutes for Cyril. I think he's more of a 5-8 minute guy as a freshman. He is incredibly raw and won't even get here until late August/September.
Possibly.

He is also 7’0 240-250 lbs. and is nicknamed “Baby Shaq.” He may be needed just for his physicality.

But if we get Mitchell and Bradshaw comes back, then he may not be needed to play as much.

Also depends on if Onyenso is ready for prime time or not.

What are you talking about? I'm talking about playing 2 power forwards instead of 1 pf and 1 post up center. Toppin and Brooks were never centers, they were 4's, so I'm not sure why you brought them up.

Put Mitchell in there as a second PF and run a spread offense instead of an aircraft carrier that can’t score outside the paint.

So, to further explain myself, I'm talking about playing this lineup:
-Wagner
-Reeves
-Edwards
-Bradshaw
-Mitchell

All 5 can hit from the outside and Mitchell can.post up if need be. Follow me?
Got to say that team could be a winner.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Laughable. I caught the 2nd hour and Matt was making fun of him for getting the name wrong.
Sometimes I’m convinced he’s just playing a schtick. No way a dude can be the dopey all the time. I think it’s part of the show. Matt is there to make fun of him.

We shouldn't play players. We are to good for that. Maybe throw in some McDonald's money ps5 games. A very good used car, but this is Kentucky. You want to play here for a hall of fame coach that will get you drafted. You want everyone to give there best shot. I want players with heart here.
If we don't play players, who would we play? Managers? Fans? Coaches?

Reactions: Fox2monk
Sometimes I’m convinced he’s just playing a schtick. No way a dude can be the dopey all the time. I think it’s part of the show. Matt is there to make fun of him.
For sure.

Maybe he's gotten so used to it, he can't act like a normal human at all anymore while he's on the radio with Matt.

IMO this will be Oyenso
Possibly.

He is also 7’0 240-250 lbs. and is nicknamed “Baby Shaq.” He may be needed just for his physicality.

But if we get Mitchell and Bradshaw comes back, then he may not be needed to play as much.

Possibly.

IMO Onyenso will either play a big role or will transfer. I think Cyril gets Ware type minutes.

Reactions: JonathanW
Do you know how crazy you sound?

That's like saying if Google offered you a top corporate executive job tomorrow, you should take it for practically no pay.

They'll toss you a used car, maybe a few bucks here and there, but you would be working for GOOGLE, one of the biggest brands in the world, so you shouldn't really get paid because it's an HONOR to work at Google.

If you want to be compensated for your work, then you're just not "Google" material, even if your individual performance is helping Google make millions of dollars.

Do you hear how that sounds? Would that be an arrangement you would accept?
The "very good used car" is the best part. These kids are getting new Porsches with NIL deals.

This whole saga reminds me of when Duke, in 17/18, was set to rely on a SO Marques Bolden, who barely played as a FR (ie Onyenso). Then Marvin Bagley reclassified to join the team. Bad roster management led to a better outcome.

Screw you
Who do you think you are? The internet king
Crawl out of ccc 's butt like the maggot you are and see the real world.
What is so positive about talk of a guy that isn't even in the portal, but all you ccc lovers try to cover for his ineptness by showing your devotion to a two faced used car salesman.
Oh, before I forget, screw you
You need to find another team. The anti-Cal rhetoric is really getting old. A good man doesn't criticize and complain like that.

You need to find another team. The anti-Cal rhetoric is really getting old. A good man doesn't criticize and complain like that.
No, the Anti Cal rhetoric is valid, the historic losing is what's getting old.

-Worst season in program history
-Worst NCAAT loss in program history
-Lost the all time wins lead
-Lost the all time NCAAT wins lead
-Wins/losses vs ranked teams is awful
-Highest paid coach in ncaa bb history hides from the media after losses, but calls fans out after wins.
-Turned UK into an NBA draft priority program
-Celebrates individual goals and accomplishments
-gone 8 years without a FF, with the most talent
-missed the NCAAT twice

If you're okay with all of this, then YOU are part of the problem. UK and the BBN have done their part. Cal is ripping this program off and he doesn't care. He deserves every bit of critisism he gets, if you don't like it, I don't care, this is not acceptable.

Reactions: bigbluedon
If that's a schtick, than Ryan might be the best actor I've ever seen.
They've always done the lovable idiot thing. I've always felt like that is schtick.

Recently he's just been over the top. The butchering of Ugonna's name and laughing at it seemed really distasteful. I'm not the person that worries about the kids listening to the radio show or reading the message board--but come on.

" A good man" What the hell are you talking about.

You sound like a woman from the 1950's looking for a husband.

I would argue a good man is honest and speaks to truth, not just being positive for the sake of it.

I come here to talk openly and honestly about something I love--Kentucky basketball. If it's good--I'll say it's good.

If it's a bad, well, I'll say that too.

If you don't like that, feel free to ignore me or not engage with me. Don't phucking tell me how to post.

John beilein has been approached by WVU and he has responded that he is interested. WVU players have become impatient with who they will be playing for but they have no problem with beilein who has pro experience and head coaching as we all know. The mountaineer people close to the program believe that no one else will transfer other than Mitchell

Most of those guys are guards.

We have two guys total at the 4 and 5 spots. There is plenty of room for a frontcourt player or two.
Not if one doesn't wanna play the 5 and expects to start. I get he is coming for a visit, but I'd really be surprised if he came. If he does decide to commit, then I think we may have already heard that Bradshaw doesn't plan to play.

I really hate agents being involved w/ playing time and styles demands.

I would argue a good man is honest and speaks to truth, not just being positive for the sake of it.

I come here to talk openly and honestly about something I love--Kentucky basketball. If it's good--I'll say it's good.

If you don't like that, feel free to ignore me or not engage with me. Don't phucking tell me how to post

If you don't like that, feel free to ignore me or not engage with me. Don't phucking tell me how to post.
If I told you how to post, you wouldn’t have said anything

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT