ADVERTISEMENT

Heard UK’s heating up with Tre Mitchell

Not if one doesn't wanna play the 5 and expects to start. I get he is coming for a visit, but I'd really be surprised if he came. If he does decide to commit, then I think we may have already heard that Bradshaw doesn't plan to play.

I really hate agents being involved w/ playing time and styles demand.
Surprised if he came, I think it’s well past that, if slater and rothstein are hinting at it then probably already happened

They've always done the lovable idiot thing. I've always felt like that is schtick.

Recently he's just been over the top. The butchering of Ugonna's name and laughing at it seemed really distasteful. I'm not the person that worries about the kids listening to the radio show or reading the message board--but come on.
Idk, I just think he's just a remedial person that talks faster than he thinks. I also think Matt makes him nervous and he chokes on his sentences.
I don't like how Matt dogs him though, it's way over the top sometimes.

Idk how you can see our roster with 2 current post players total and be surprised that we might be able to land a 3rd.
Because Ugo nearly transferred and apparently Klutch is controlling Bradshaw, who wants to start and doesn't want to play the 5. So bringing in an experienced 4 that should command a starting spot when you've already got your starter penciled in seems suspect.

I get Bradshaw is injured and we need a fill in, but eventually he'll be back and want to start right? So either Bradshaw is OK with taking a back seat, or he's decided to just not play at all, which is why I mentioned that in an earlier post.

This isn't a bench guy we're trying to bring in is all I'm saying. So any scenario where he joins would be surprising to me.

If we feel and are most comfortable Mitchell is a starter at the 4 I'm sure the staff feels the same. He’s experienced, mature and very skilled.

I’ve got a good feeling Tre will see it as well. Love to see him helping in Canada.

The source I talked with when starting this thread earlier in the week said Tre was very familiar with the UK staff - including Flint and Coach O- and had touched base with Oscar to get the lay of the land. This is his first choice. Couldn’t get scheduled here soon enough. Already on his way to UK after watching another UK player go top 10.

Bradshaw doesn’t worry him and he’s out for awhile. Plenty of time at the big forward.

Just need to get it done asap before WVU names a new coach. Get him moved in next week.

Because Ugo nearly transferred and apparently Klutch is controlling Bradshaw, who wants to start and doesn't want to play the 5. So bringing in an experienced 4 that should command a starting spot when you've already got your starter penciled in seems suspect.

I get Bradshaw is injured and we need a fill in, but eventually he'll be back and want to start right? So either Bradshaw is OK with taking a back seat, or he's decided to just not play at all, which is why I mentioned that in an earlier post.

This isn't a bench guy we're trying to bring in is all I'm saying. So any scenario where he joins would be surprising to me.
ALL the Twitter talk is he's coming.

Both Bradshaw and Mitchell will start. Bradshaw will be the 4. Mitchell will be the 5. Or we'll just call them both forwards.

Ugonna had a clear path to a role and was going to transfer for more NIL money. He couldn't get it. I doubt he enters the transfer portal again, but I'm willing to let him walk to get a guy like Mitchell that can stretch the floor.

John beilein has been approached by WVU and he has responded that he is interested. WVU players have become impatient with who they will be playing for but they have no problem with beilein who has pro experience and head coaching as we all know. The mountaineer people close to the program believe that no one else will transfer other than Mitchell
That would be a great hire.

ALL the Twitter talk is he's coming.

Both Bradshaw and Mitchell will start. Bradshaw will be the 4. Mitchell will be the 5. Or we'll just call them both forwards.

Ugonna had a clear path to a role and was going to transfer for more NIL money. He couldn't get it. I doubt he enters the transfer portal again, but I'm willing to let him walk to get a guy like Mitchell that can stretch the floor.
I'll sure be excited for it, but I'll be surprised. Not sure why so many want to convince me that my surprise is unwarranted.

Lol now people are saying g Bradshaw won't play ? WTF is that coming from ? He just said HIMSELF he would be back in 4 to 6 weeks. Straight from the horses mouth, but some people want to believe rumors instead. Also, Mitchell will play the 5.
Haters getting scared now. I told everyone who would listen to be patient. We WILL land more players. "But there is nobody left in the portal", I also stated some very good players would end up in the portal after draft decisions where made. Get Mitchell, we already have Cybril. That my wildcat friends is a very deep roster. Age and youth combined.

Reactions: Kybluedude
I'll sure be excited for it, but I'll be surprised. Not sure why so many want to convince me that my surprise is unwarranted.
You can respond to it however you like. I was really surprised yesterday when all the talk started. We had a tiny little snow ball of hope. Now it's an avalanche.

Slater doesn't casually Tweet out a Cal gif unless he's pretty confident. Tucker commented that he wouldn't be surprised if the kid just stays in Lexington. And he's another guy that doesn't just throw things out there to see if they'll stick.

When all of Twitter is united on where a kid is going--he goes theres 999/1000 times. That 1 Terrence Jones or Julius Randle time always leaves a chance. But in general--I think we can be pretty confident at this point.

But really, I was just pointing out when you say there aren't minutes or his presence would create issues--I don't think that's a factor.

I think he's the perfect fit for what we NEED to do. Mitchell can hold down the 4 until Bradshaw is 100%. Then Bradshaw comes back and plays away from the basket and we call him a SG for all anyone cares.

There's a very clear role for this kid from day 1.

Only one thing would be left to bitch about, and a fairly valid one "yesh but what will Cal do with it ?" It will always be something on the agenda with SOME of the fanbase.

Things are happening quick with this one. Usually a very good sign. Less than a day in the portal and already has a visit. Me thinks this has been in the works for a few days. Little back channel fishing at its finest. You can catch some really nice ones fishing those back channels, lol. Maybe Mitchell wants to go to Canada and needs to get his passport stuff in order. Commitment probably comes tomorrow or Sunday evening.

Reactions: Cats192
So does this change things for you guys? He was a lock. A few minutes ago and all of Twitter was united, now he may take other visits or return to WVU? Hope he joins the team, he is exactly what the roster needs, but I'm still going to be surprised!
I shared that one because of Tucker's continued assertion that it's Kentucky and nobody else in the running

Lol now people are saying g Bradshaw won't play ? WTF is that coming from ? He just said HIMSELF he would be back in 4 to 6 weeks. Straight from the horses mouth, but some people want to believe rumors instead. Also, Mitchell will play the 5.
Haters getting scared now. I told everyone who would listen to be patient. We WILL land more players. "But there is nobody left in the portal", I also stated some very good players would end up in the portal after draft decisions where made. Get Mitchell, we already have Cybril. That my wildcat friends is a very deep roster. Age and youth combined.
100% of your posts are attacks on other posters. Just admit you're triggered. You start more shit than anybody with posts like this.

I challenge you to post a comment without baiting. I don't think you can do it.

Not if one doesn't wanna play the 5 and expects to start. I get he is coming for a visit, but I'd really be surprised if he came. If he does decide to commit, then I think we may have already heard that Bradshaw doesn't plan to play.

I really hate agents being involved w/ playing time and styles demands.
Mitchell can play the 5 in college. He’s 6’9 230-ish lbs. He is a 5th year Senior. He is a 20 something year old grown man. He can bang inside, if need be.

And offensively, Cal can run a five out offense with him and Bradshaw together or can post Mitchell up.

Plus Onyenso will be at the 5 part of the time, meaning Mitchell will get minutes at the 4.

Cal likes to rotate four bigs at the 4 and 5. Right now we have two.

Mitchell is essential with or without Bradshaw.

Reactions: Fox2monk
PF Bradshaw(25)/Mitchell(15)
C Mitchell(10)/Onyenso(15)/Cyril(15)

Mitchell and Bradshaw might get closer to 30mpg and Onyenso and Cyril might get closer to 10mpg.

That’s a solid rotation.

If Bradshaw isn’t back, throw Thiero in as a small ball 4 backing up Mitchell and split time between Onyenso and Cyril at the 5.

You need to find another team. The anti-Cal rhetoric is really getting old. A good man doesn't criticize and complain like that.
Maybe you need to join the ccc lovers society
If you enjoy all of his double talk so be it, I don't and he is paid way too much
For the results he has produced. If you can't see that you need glasses

Only one thing would be left to bitch about, and a fairly valid one "yesh but what will Cal do with it ?" It will always be something on the agenda with SOME of the fanbase.
Mentioning bitching, here you are again, Jload. Bitch, bitch, bitch. That's all you do. Jesus man, let it go.

No, the Anti Cal rhetoric is valid, the historic losing is what's getting old.

-Worst season in program history
-Worst NCAAT loss in program history
-Lost the all time wins lead
-Lost the all time NCAAT wins lead
-Wins/losses vs ranked teams is awful
-Highest paid coach in ncaa bb history hides from the media after losses, but calls fans out after wins.
-Turned UK into an NBA draft priority program
-Celebrates individual goals and accomplishments
-gone 8 years without a FF, with the most talent
-missed the NCAAT twice

If you're okay with all of this, then YOU are part of the problem. UK and the BBN have done their part. Cal is ripping this program off and he doesn't care. He deserves every bit of critisism he gets, if you don't like it, I don't care, this is not acceptable.
Facts mean nothing to the ccc lovers
The only thing they care about is that everyone call ccc the greatest
He has stunk for the past several years but the ccc lovers keep spraying perfume to cover the stench

Reactions: kyjeff1
Another post, more bait. You’re batting 1,000 bud. You’re the definition of a baiting troll.
You quoted 4 of my post and you talk about triggered? Lol. And talk about baiting ? You call out EVERY post mentioning something positive about player signings. You talk a lot of shit and then try to play the victim. Narcissist much ? And to think I apologized to you a couple weeks ago. WTF was I thinking ? How about you just post your negative drivel and I will post mostly positive drivel and not respond to one another? Deal ?

So does this change things for you guys? He was a lock. A few minutes ago and all of Twitter was united, now he may take other visits or return to WVU? Hope he joins the team, he is exactly what the roster needs, but I'm still going to be surprised!
No.

Tucker doubled down. Tucker doesn't just throw things at the wall and hope they stick.

Slater and Tucker come out of the gates very boldly saying that he's UK Bound. Then Zagoria says Kentucky wasn't even in the 1st 3 to contact him.

It doesn't add up.

I agree with the notion this was some misdirection to take away any talk of tampering.

The only way I'll be surprised at this point is if it turns into an actual recruiting battle.

I really hate agents being involved w/ playing time and styles demands.
Do the math. At most 28mpg for Bradshaw and 26 for Onyenso, leaves 26 for a 3rd guy across the 2 positions.

This is such a terrible take.

Even if I had an agenda--which I don't--what do you think I'm going to accomplish by posting anonymously on a free message board.

Do you think that anyone expects Barnhardt reads this stuff and thinks "Well by Golly, Cats192 wants Cal fired. It's time."

The only thing I care about is winning. If Cal can do that, great. If your dog can do it, get him up there. Really don't care. But if your dog fails to make the 2nd weekend of the tournament 3 years in a row--I'm going to have things to say about the dog.

Not because I give two $hits about your dog--but because I care about winning. When we win, I'll say good things. When we lose a bunch, I'll say bad things.

Cal gets us to the final 4 again and I'll give him props. Cal loses in the 1st or 2nd round again--I Won't.

No.

Tucker doubled down. Tucker doesn't just throw things at the wall and hope they stick.

Slater and Tucker come out of the gates very boldly saying that he's UK Bound. Then Zagoria says Kentucky wasn't even in the 1st 3 to contact him.

It doesn't add up.

I agree with the notion this was some misdirection to take away any talk of tampering.

The only way I'll be surprised at this point is if it turns into an actual recruiting battle.
Agree. Slater, Branham is especially don’t put stuff out unless they are confident it happens or know it is happening

Theiro is gonna get minutes, prob at the 4. I'd say UGO is more like 20 minutes a game if we get Mitchell.
Yup.

If we get Mitchell, Onyenso is probably the third best big man on the team.

Bradshaw and Mitchell will get between 25-30 minutes each. That will leave 20-30 minutes a game for Onyenso and either Thiero or Cyril (if we get him) to split.

Reactions: Cats192
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT