ADVERTISEMENT

Heard UK’s heating up with Tre Mitchell

We should double whatever his current NIL is.

Returning Reeves and picking up Mitchell would give UK 6 guys capable of getting you 15 points any night out. That's title-level talent.
We shouldn't play players. We are to good for that. Maybe throw in some McDonald's money ps5 games. A very good used car, but this is Kentucky. You want to play here for a hall of fame coach that will get you drafted. You want everyone to give there best shot. I want players with heart here.

We shouldn't play players. We are to good for that. Maybe throw in some McDonald's money ps5 games. A very good used car, but this is Kentucky. You want to play here for a hall of fame coach that will get you drafted. You want everyone to give there best shot. I want players with heart here.
Well you had better want players that like money, because they ALL do. If you don't pay them, you basicly will have a mid major team of scrubs and long term projects. It's 2023 not 1983. I hate it, but adapt or get left behind.

Do you know how crazy you sound?

That's like saying if Google offered you a top corporate executive job tomorrow, you should take it for practically no pay.

They'll toss you a used car, maybe a few bucks here and there, but you would be working for GOOGLE, one of the biggest brands in the world, so you shouldn't really get paid because it's an HONOR to work at Google.

If you want to be compensated for your work, then you're just not "Google" material, even if your individual performance is helping Google make millions of dollars.

Do you hear how that sounds? Would that be an arrangement you would accept?

Last edited:
Get Mitchell and go with a modern style. Play 2 power forwards instead of a center that can’t shoot from the outside. That way, Mitchell and Bradshaw can play together.
Cal can still play through the post, just not every play like it's 1985.
You keep saying that we post 2 guys, but we don't. But 2 years ago, Brooks stayed 15-18' from the rim (remember all of the mid-range shots most on here hated). Last year Toppin stay spotted up behind the 3pt line in the left corner most of the time. And even Oscar spent a lot of time 15-18' out.

Cal's best teams have had a shot blocking rim projector. Now maybe Bradshaw can be that. But I think Onyenso will be better at it. And he does have a nice shot 15' out.

Reactions: 1war
This is not the 1990s anymore, when guys like Jeff Sheppard, Scott Padgett, and Derek Anderson grew up idolizing Kentucky.

Also, if those guys lived now, they'd likely have a completely different mentality. NIL, early draft entry, and instant transferring has changed everything.

You keep saying that we post 2 guys, but we don't. But 2 years ago, Brooks stayed 15-18' from the rim (remember all of the mid-range shots most on here hated). Last year Toppin stay spotted up behind the 3pt line in the left corner most of the time. And even Oscar spent a lot of time 15-18' out.

Cal's best teams have had a shot blocking rim projector. Now maybe Bradshaw can be that. But I think Onyenso will be better at it. And he does have a nice shot 15' out.
What are you talking about? I'm talking about playing 2 power forwards instead of 1 pf and 1 post up center. Toppin and Brooks were never centers, they were 4's, so I'm not sure why you brought them up.

Put Mitchell in there as a second PF and run a spread offense instead of an aircraft carrier that can’t score outside the paint.

So, to further explain myself, I'm talking about playing this lineup:
-Wagner
-Reeves
-Edwards
-Bradshaw
-Mitchell

All 5 can hit from the outside and Mitchell can.post up if need be. Follow me?

That would be a ideal lineup for today's game. And a very stout 2nd unit. I would take that starting 5 right now.

What are you talking about? I'm talking about playing 2 power forwards instead of 1 pf and 1 post up center. Toppin and Brooks were never centers, they were 4's, so I'm not sure why you brought them up.

Put Mitchell in there as a second PF and run a spread offense instead of an aircraft carrier that can’t score outside the paint.

-Wagner
-Reeves
-Edwards
-Bradshaw
-Mitchell

That’s the ideal starting 5 if they can work it out. Dillingham, Sheppard, ugo, and burks off the bench. Theiro and hart as well

Reactions: kyjeff1
Good news if true. Cal’s got history and ties with Mitchell. Huggins, U Mass, Penn.
6 9 220 Pf/c. Double figure scorer. All conference player. Experienced.

Love to see this happen and add to our ever improving roster. Yet would sure fill a void.
That would be the best thing possible.

-Wagner
-Reeves
-Edwards
-Bradshaw
-Mitchell

This is the lineup that will be most efficient, at least offensively, IMHO.

And if Bradshaw is out, Mitchell can handle the 4 most of the time.

Mitchell helps cover all the bases, so to speak.

IMO Bradshaw is a pipe dream at any position

Reactions: Fox2monk
Well that ends that, if the kid knows ccc's coaching and style of play
Always has to be that one asshole in every crowd. How about you and your negative , never Happy Hals stay in your 5,000 negative threads and stay out of the positive news threads. It's bad enough having to wade thru all the negative shit in bad news threads now these? We get it, you are miserable and like stupid nicknames to make you feel important.

Those days have passed I’m afraid …

I would love this kid but we havent got him yet and with Bradshaws injury our roster is not there yet. Soto isnt a Cat yet either Foot injuries can be Tricky, ask Sam Bowie. I have my Fingers crossed and wait and see.

I would like to agree with you but I'm afraid all those thoughts are way in the past. All of the players want in on the cash these days. NIL and the Portal have changed things drastically and I don't ever see it being reversed. Just a different world and game in 2023.

Always has to be that one asshole in every crowd. How about you and your negative , never Happy Hals stay in your 5,000 negative threads and stay out of the positive news threads. It's bad enough having to wade thru all the negative shit in bad news threads now these? We get it, you are miserable and like stupid nicknames to make you feel important.
Screw you
Who do you think you are? The internet king
Crawl out of ccc 's butt like the maggot you are and see the real world.
What is so positive about talk of a guy that isn't even in the portal, but all you ccc lovers try to cover for his ineptness by showing your devotion to a two faced used car salesman.
Oh, before I forget, screw you

• Love
You continually are the worst poster on this board.

So you don't want a competitive team. Most players can get themselves drafted. Now maybe a coach can help you get drafted a little earlier. But in today's environment, ALL players want some NIL, at least all players good enough to play for a P5 school. That they want some $, does not mean they don't have heart.

Reactions: kyjeff1

-Wagner
-Reeves
-Edwards
-Bradshaw
-Mitchell

Plus your second unit would be spearhead by Dillingham, who automatically continues the faster pace as he and Sheppard enter into the game with Thiero.

That would be an elite top 9.

-Two top picks in Wagner and Edwards.
-A potential third top 15 pick in Bradshaw.
-Dillingham, who is a wild card.
-Another guy who has historically been able to score 15 ppg for us.
-Mitchell, who is a potential all-conference performer.
-Sheppard, as the perfect 4th guard in the rotation.
-Onyenso, as a potential all-conference defender.

I could see:

Edwards - 13ppg
Wagner - 13ppg
Reeves - 12ppg
Bradshaw - 10ppg
Mitchell - 10ppg
Dillingham - 8ppg
Thiero - 4ppg
Onyenso - 4ppg
Sheppard - 3ppg
Cyril - 2ppg
Rest of the team combined: 3ppg

REALLY want this guy. He's the perfect piece. I would go into the season feeling VERY Good if we can land him on top of Reeves.

Experienced. Plays with toughness. Able to step out and stretch the floor. Shot 36% from 3 last season.

After this off-season felt like an absolute disaster--would be a VERY nice turnaround for Cal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT