ADVERTISEMENT

Hawgs at Cats (DH)

I get it now, it looks like the fans have apparently had enough. I hope that you clean house with the coaching staff, Kentucky deserves better. Did you say it is going to be worse next year?

Hard to say, but it doesn't look good. We lose Thompson and he's been the only pitcher that has consistently resembled an SEC pitcher. Everyone else is average, inconsistent, or just bad. So, it's hard to look at next year and believe that we will be better.

We will have freshmen come in but I don't know that any one them are that highly rated. We have at least two JUCO kids, one used to pitch for your guys, but they are likely going pro. So, I don't see any help on the way.

In the field we likely lose Shinn, Rodriguez, Johnson, Collett, and Shelby. No one coming in looks like they will be sure things to replace them. So, we have to hope what we have improves a lot, but the season hasn't really improved, and we aren't necessarily developing a ton of talent. So, not a bunch of hope.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Hard to say, but it doesn't look good. We lose Thompson and he's been the only pitcher that has consistently resembled an SEC pitcher. Everyone else is average, inconsistent, or just bad. So, it's hard to look at next year and believe that we will be better.

We will have freshmen come in but I don't know that any one them are that highly rated. We have at least two JUCO kids, one used to pitch for your guys, but they are likely going pro. So, I don't see any help on the way.

In the field we likely lose Shinn, Rodriguez, Johnson, Collett, and Shelby. No one coming in looks like they will be sure things to replace them. So, we have to hope what we have improves a lot, but the season hasn't really improved, and we aren't necessarily developing a ton of talent. So, not a bunch of hope.
Time for Mitch to cut bait and start over. Going to lose a bunch of season ticket sales that only bought tickets to get in on the ground floor. They don't show up anyway.

We went from best defensive first baseman in the country a couple of years ago to Dalton Reed... that sums it up. Lol sad.

i wouldnt be too upset about this. Arkansas has been doing this to just about everybody this year.

Ben Jordan coming in now. Would like to see him finish this off strong. His first appearance since March 19. Sad that this staff won't use this kid.

Talked to someone Saturday about mingione , and they said he’d probably be back next year. For what it’s worth, they said he was embarrassed about this year, I said so are we. UK fans deserve good to great baseball!

Talked to someone Saturday about mingione , and they said he’d probably be back next year. For what it’s worth, they said he was embarrassed about this year, I said so are we. UK fans deserve good to great baseball!
He deserves to be embarrassed...the question is is he capable of doing anything about it? I think not.
I think he is proving he and his staff either aren't a good judge of talent or just flat can't coach. Looks highy likely it is a lot of both.

I meant to say somebody in UKs athletic administration, about Ming , for what it’s worth

Looking at last year, this year and for '20 what are those excuses...even though you are right.

You won't like or agree, but...

2018... injuries derailed our season. I don't fully agree either, but that'll be used.

2019... youth. They will blame the lumps on a young pitching staff.

2020... probably youth again, but that excuse will be wearing very thin if we are as bad as we are this year.

He deserves to be embarrassed...the question is is he capable of doing anything about it? I think not.
I think he is proving he and his staff either aren't a good judge of talent or just flat can't coach. Looks highy likely it is a lot of both.

Again, you are seeing jucos and seniors with only a sophomore and a freshman. That is not indicative of next years team.

Reactions: CliffDweller25
Whatever. I was already dead inside anyway.

I’ll say this. Belanger deserves to be kicked out before the sun sets. But what about Fanning? What the hell has he done besides piss off other teams by some of his antics. Is his recruiting that good? Sure don’t see it on the field. What about Todd Guilliams? Is his offense really that good in year 3? Ok, I may give him a pass. But good grief. Minge has a tough call to make. If he cleans house with his staff and he is coaching for his job next season, will other coaches actually come and coach with him? And the youth excuse. I get it. The teams young. But can we look at one thing this group has improved on throughout the year.

Lastly, you have to feel bad for whoever runs the UKBaseball Twitter account. There are only so many ways to put lip stick on a pig. They’re the true heroes.

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
You'd think we would learn not to challenge their catcher. Guess not.

2018... injuries derailed our season. I don't fully agree either, but that'll be used.
I know you won't agree, but

2019... youth. They will blame the lumps on a young pitching staff.

2020... probably youth again, but that excuse will be wearing very thin if we are as bad as we are this year.[/QUOTE
I know you won't agree, but I'd gladly take Henderson back at this point. At least he could judge talent and had fun players to watch!

Could someone take the curse off Dalton Reed's defense...?
He is his own curse. Very nonchalant on making the turn on the pickoff throw. Then a poor throw to Thompson that could get Thompson hurt. I am not sure what he brings. He's very stiff and fixed hitting the ball. You just have to up and down on him.

Last edited:
He is his own curse. Very nonchalant on making the turn on the pickoff through. Then a poor throw to Thompson that could get Thompson hurt. I am not sure what he brings. He's very stiff and fixed hitting the ball. You just have to up and down on him.

There are definitely a lot of flaws to his game. He has some power, but it is few and far between, which would be okay if his defense was at least good.

One good thing, as soon as Noland makes a bad pitch, the hitters are spanking it.

Collett with a missile to the gap that scores Shinn from first. 4-1 UK. Arkansas heading to the bullpen.

I really don't see pitching Thompson on the 3rd game. You forfeit any momentum your team could get off of his pitching performance. It is like you are playing just to win one game in the series.

I really don't see pitching Thompson on the 3rd game. You forfeit any momentum your team could get off of his pitching performance. It is like you are playing just to win one game in the series.

I'm guessing that they were. I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if they felt they could get better run support off of this righty freshman as opposed to the lefty in game 1.

Completely agree with this, it appears to me it is coaching to prevent a sweep, instead of winning game one and trying to win/sweep the series.

Bingo!!! Was/is a stupud move.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT