ADVERTISEMENT

Hard to take college basketball results seriously…

PensacolaBlue

Blue Chip Prospect
Nov 26, 2022
…when the officiating is so laughable. The guys that ref these games are completely incompetent. If we’re going to get 40 fouls per game/or have it obviously one-sided, then really what’s the point? There has to be some movement to get full time officiating and some way to hold them accountable for their foolishness.

Last edited:
I think the officials bet on the games, are on the take, and some might even have orders from above.

This isn’t a question of conspiracy ( a term coined by the CIA to make people questioning them look loony while they were doing what they were being accused of) it’s a question of corruption. With all of that money on the table, and the ability of power players to skew results, in what world would they not take advantage?

Im sorry but if you actually think things are up and up, you’ve had a privileged life and haven’t seen the real world. Corrupt men and institutions don’t leave that kind power and money on the table.

Why do you think there’s no accountability and the calls are so ridiculous?

I think the officials bet on the games, are on the take, and some might even have orders from above.

This isn’t a question of conspiracy ( a term coined by the CIA to make people questioning them look loony while they were doing what they were being accused of) it’s a question of corruption. With all of that money on the table, and the ability of power players to skew results, in what world would they not take advantage?

Im sorry but if you actually think things are up and up, you’ve had a privileged life and haven’t seen the real world. Corrupt men and institutions don’t leave that kind power and money on the table.

I don’t doubt it. I’m not 100% sure you are right, but it would explain a lot. You would think somebody would have blown the whistle at some point though. Hard to fathom the NCAA who rakes in billions can’t afford to hire full time officials and provide some oversight. Fans shouldn’t have to endure this crap.

SMH

I don’t doubt it. I’m not 100% sure you are right, but it would explain a lot. You would think somebody would have blown the whistle at some point though. Hard to fathom the NCAA who rakes in billions can’t afford to hire full time officials and provide some oversight. Fans shouldn’t have to endure this crap.

That’s always been my holdup, you’d think a whistleblower would have come forward in some capacity. I don’t know, I just know that corrupt men and institutions don’t leave that kind of control idle.

The officials can gamble through friends or family; no one would know. I just can’t see them not doing it. It’s too easy. And there’s no one to whistleblow

I don’t know but something isn’t right about the college basketball scene with these officials.

I have said for years, that referees bet on games. Maybe not directly, but through friends and relatives. 90% of charging and blocking call can go either way. If a team has one outstanding player, who is basically carrying the team, call two quick fouls on him early in the game, and he is on the bench, with most teams. Another quick one on him in the second half, back to the bench. You don't need much else.

I think they only make about $2000/game max and that’s for a final four game. That’s why they have to have roofing businesses on the side. Seems like they have a lot of impact on a billion dollar industry when most are absolutely clueless. I’m guessing you don’t have to graduate at the top of your class to qualify based on their ineptitude.

Reactions: kywildcat41086

Wait. Are you suggesting that the CIA came up with the word "conspiracy"? That's ridiculous.

Reactions: natchezrule
People are way too conspiratorial about bad reffing. The game's gotten faster, the players more athletic, and we all have 4K TVs with slowmo replays that can tell if the ball scraped a hair on a guys arm as it goes out of bounds. It's incredibly hard to ref a game at this speed and it's a hell of a lot easier to tell when calls were wrong than it was 10, 20, and 30 years ago.

There's no grand conspiracy.

Last edited:
I think they only make about $2000/game max and that’s for a final four game. That’s why they have to have roofing businesses on the side. Seems like they have a lot of impact on a billion dollar industry when most are absolutely clueless. I’m guessing you don’t have to graduate at the top of your class to qualify based on their ineptitude.
That John W. Adams guy on Twitter said anywhere from $1500 to $3000 in the regular season. You’ll see Rooferee officiate a game in Texas at 9:00 PM ET then turn around and be at Creighton for a 6:30 PM tip the next day. These refs are officiating six times a week in six different states, sometimes consecutively.

Wait. Are you suggesting that the CIA came up with the word "conspiracy"? That's ridiculous.

They didn’t invent the word. They didn’t invent the term conspiracy theory. What they did was promote the use of the term which wasn’t common. And they’ve used it at very convenient times. I probably should have said “promoted” not coined.

I had an excellent professor of political science that went into detail about the issue. Opened my eyes for sure.

I assume you’re one that, because the intelligence agencies are corrupt for your current side, you love them now right?

Stupid, the MSM is eating some of you alive.

Ie anyone watch kansas Arkansas complete clown show. Even my wife who knows nothing and could care less was watching and said wow, blatant

I am

Tim Donaghy told us they do. You know good and damn well it's not just NBA refs.

It’s amazing how some don’t believe it. How naive do you have to be to believe it’s up and up? Lol.

There are simple solutions to the problem but the ncaa will not allow it. It’s all you need to know. They aren’t opening up that can of worms unless they’re forced to do so.

When Donaghy got exposed and started ratting out the league, ESPN had a poll up (remember when they did those) and asked “Do you believe Donaghy?” and 80% said yes. But all of the ESPN talking heads like Tim Legler and all those guys dismissed him and just tried to act like he was a rogue ref. 😂 Yeah, I’m sure that nba TV contract isn’t a conflict of interest.

I absolutely believe basketball officiating is corrupt. I don’t believe these guys are that incompetent. You can’t be that dumb at that level.

It’s just too easy to control. Two quick fouls on best player? Get a team to the bonus to give them free points? Refs can dictate so much. And they’re not allowed to be criticized? Refs should absolutely be scrutinized like anyone else would be.

It’s too easy to do and too easy to get away with. Loose lips is what got Donaghy a sunk. I think they picked up some criminal talking about him on a wiretap.

My otherwise reasonable dad swears to this day the fix was in on our game with Wisconsin in 2015. He says there’s no way Vegas was gonna let UK go undefeated.
The clip is impossible to find now but they had a Vegas professional gambler or insider (can’t recall what their title was) on espn at the beginning of that tournament talking about how Kentucky would not be allowed to win bc Vegas would lose hundreds of millions

It’s amazing how some don’t believe it. How naive do you have to be to believe it’s up and up? Lol.

There are simply solutions to the problem but the ncaa will not allow it. It’s all you need to know. They aren’t opening up that can or worms unless they’re forced to do so.
Yep, billions of dollars spent on TV contracts and funding everything and you don’t think the bureaucrats don’t encourage desired outcomes? You think it’s a coincidence that a ref like Higgins is absolute dog shit against Kentucky in crucial games? Someone is getting paid for that or he’s doing it out of spite.

…when the officiating is so laughable. The guys that ref these games are completely incompetent. If we’re going to get 40 fouls per game then really what’s the point? There has to be some movement to get full time officiating and some way to hold them accountable for their foolishness.
I agree that the officiating is generally terrible but not necessarily because they called 40 fouls. I’ve seen games where they should have called 60. It just depends on how the game is being played.

Reactions: CrimsonCats
Sports gambling has only thrown more uncertainty into game outcomes. You can't convince me that some coach/ref/player hasn't been approached, and given a handful of cash to throw a game.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Our game against Texas in 2014 was another “Ah, corruption” example.

The spread was 11. Refs call a foul on Texas with 1.6 seconds so Kentucky can win by 12 and beat the spread.

Sports gambling has only thrown more uncertainty into game outcomes. You can't convince me that some coach/ref/player hasn't been approached, and given a handful of cash to throw a game.
If you believe the narrative, it’s only been some random Arizona State basketball player, the 1919 Black Sox, and Tim Donaghy and totally no one else. 😂

Basketball officiating is garbage. College basketball wise, we watched 2017 UNC get carried in five of their six wins by officials to a title coincidentally during the afam investigation.

If you believe the narrative, it’s only been some random Arizona State basketball player, the 1919 Black Sox, and Tim Donaghy and totally no one else. 😂

Basketball officiating is garbage. College basketball wise, we watched 2017 UNC get carried in five of their six wins by officials to a title coincidentally during the afam investigation.

Yep. There's just too many opportunities for someone to be compromised for financial gain. I think my friends are silly to bet on this stuff. I watched one friend lose $2700 trying to get VCU to keep it within 9 points of SMU. All he'd win is $500ish I think (it was at halftime I think). And we're not some high profile bankers or some shit.. we're pretty much middle class 30 something year Olds.

(He may have a gambling problem lol)

Reactions: VaxxedObamaCat
Look at the unbelievably blatant NCAA completely ignoring UNC or a dozen Duke blights like Zion, Boozer, Lance...

You don't think if corruption is at the highest level that it never trickles down to officiating? Especially anything to do with the ACC where is was all about the fake "brand" and preserving it.

Of course the refs cheating is rampant. You'd be a fool to believe otherwise.

That’s always been my holdup, you’d think a whistleblower would have come forward in some capacity. I don’t know, I just know that corrupt men and institutions don’t leave that kind of control idle.

The officials can gamble through friends or family; no one would know. I just can’t see them not doing it. It’s too easy. And there’s no one to whistleblow

I don’t know but something isn’t right about the college basketball scene with these officials.
During my 78 yrs on this earth one thing I have learned for sure: Anything that can be corrupted will be corrupted.

Here's something to watch. I don't know how it will play out. But you'd think the NCAA would be in full panic about Alabama making it to a FF and actually have a person that by any reasonable standard is guilty of accessory to murder taking the floor.

If the opportunity is there, will you see Alabama get jobbed at some point?

Here's something to watch. I don't know how it will play out. But you'd think the NCAA would be in full panic about Alabama making it to a FF and actually have a person that by any reasonable standard is guilty of accessory to murder taking the floor.

If the opportunity is there, will you see Alabama get jobbed at some point?
Just coincidentally made a thread about this. Yes. I think the refs will absolutely rook then if a team can play with them. A Bama will have to be 10-15 points better than everyone else from here on out to avoid it.

Reactions: LOL_Man
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT