ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would've helped a bit to flash someone to the free-throw line against the zone other than Brooks or Sarr. As soon as either put it on the floor it was getting swiped by the back-side guard.

Are you saying Cal should have worked to put players who can both dribble and shoot into the inevitable holes of a zone defense?

Novel concept!

Reactions: Hankshaker
Askew was a disaster today closely followed by Brooks - Brooks is horrible on defense - gets stripped constantly- cannot finish around the basket and loves to shoot bad shots
Team just sucks but if you put Carlik Jones on our team we 14-8 at worse
Who was lead recruiter for Askew? Dude ought to be suspended

Reactions: jayroon
I think Cal’s general plan against zone is to stall and hope the defense gets bored, resulting in them abandoning the zone.

This team is full of late rd/2nd round guys that should be in college 4 years, and Brooks is one of those guys. He’s not even the best of those guys. It’s unfair to blame him for anything. He improved a lot since last year, and surpassed what I expected from him. He’s just another modern day Cal recruit that is way overhyped because people can’t accept the fact that Cal sucks at recruiting now.

Isiah Jackson is the only guy on this team that “stands out”, and he still needs to be here multiple years. Toppin is sort of the same. They at least have special physical attributes. They’re just not lotto pick generational talents.

It’s just shitty because these kids do play hard. They just have a bs coach and unrealistic expectations to deal with. If they all stick around a couple more years they could be tough...

Last edited:
Cal’s strategy is to have a big behind the defense and to hopefully draw a man in the center up to throw a lob behind him.

That’s it, and if it isn’t there it’s clear there is not other strategy because we just jack up some bullshit.

The only real question is how bad of a coach does the opponent have if they do not zone from the outset.

Reactions: gobigbluebell
* Do any of you TV dorks (Joey? Chase?) know an easy way to find if a particular movie is available and for what price on the seemingly infinite streaming services that my wife has us on?

We haven't been able to find a show to watch since Letterkenny so we decided we would watch light-hearted 90s movies for a while and take turns picking. Ladies first so she chose Clueless. It could have been far worse. I'm going with Friday or Encino Man as my first draft pick overall.

After spending 20 minutes scrolling through Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, googling to see if it was free anywhere, and then listening to her try to decide whether it was worth renting for $3 on Amazon, the fun of that little endeavor and my plans to try to get frisky after I had watched enough of Alicia Silverstone yammer to be polite went awry.

Seems like there should be some simple way to do that and google results appear intentionally done so there is no easy answer so you have to go through the streaming interfaces. Kind of a pain in the ass.

* Devin Askew getting 30 minutes and Dontaie Allen getting 4 minutes might be the story of this season in one line.

Askew is easily the worst starting point guard here since Michael Porter. Ryan Harrow would be an upgrade. Allen can at least shoot.

To add insult to injury, Calipari had to make a stupid, condescending comment on Allen in the postgame interview. You couldn't find a better summary for this year.

*. There is a better chance that Toppin declares pro than Brooks returns, imo.

SUCCEED AND PROCEED! Since he's been here, Cal has sounded like some blowhard doing AA who spouts off a cutesy one-liner all the time as if it is actual wisdom.

* One of the first calls into the postgame show last night was about whether Joey Gatewood or Beau Allen would start at QB.

🤣

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Back in my day you and the lady hopped in the car, took a short 5 min trip to Movie Warehouse, browsed the never ending selection of movies, picked one,
and it was generally a nice productive adventure.

This digital movie searching is pure nonsense. For one, the user interface is straight up maddening. In the real world, at the Blockbuster (great company that I love, great stock) you can zoom around the store and process entire walls and shelves of massive movies. In the e-world, you just keep clicking your way through the bs 5 movie per line display that Netflix allows you to see. It never fn ends! You just sit there for at least the length of an entire feature film clicking and clicking.

Then, after all that work, you go to another digital movie site because Netflix has like 5 good movies and you’ve already seen them. Repeat this stupid process across 5 digital platforms and then burn your gd TV and internet down.

AppleTV’s search displays everywhere something is available and gives priority to any free options in the results.

If you don’t have an AppleTV, check out movierankings.net (from Lights, Camera, Barstool guys). It shows every place a movie is available and if they’re free or not.

Speaking of Lights, Camera, Barstool guys, the trivia show Jeff D. Lowe came up with is great: The Dozen.

Everything now is like the Cheesecake Factory. I don’t need a GD 15 page food menu that ranges from breakfast to Thai food. It causes me anxiety and gets me stressed out and then I end up ordering a fish sandwich or something awful. I went on Netflix the other day to start something new and ended up watching a friends rerun on Dish.

I suppose the good news is nothing really changed- still have to win the tournament to get in. I guess you could point to the SEC double bye, though.

Reactions: jayroon
Everything now is like the Cheesecake Factory. I don’t need a GD 15 page food menu that ranges from breakfast to Thai food. It causes me anxiety and gets me stressed out and then I end up ordering a fish sandwich or something awful. I went on Netflix the other day to start something new and ended up watching a friends rerun on Dish.
This has become the new "You decide where we go to eat, I don't care. No, I don't want that" argument in my house. My wife and I do not have a lot of the same tastes in entertainment. She'll say find something to watch, she doesn't care, I go through YouTube TV, Prime video, Netflix and find nothing because I know she DOES care. I would just prefer to turn the TV off but we go through this same stupid ritual a few times a week.
Her go-to is a lot of period piece dramas "Downtown Abbey", Jane Austen stuff, the softcore " Bridgerton". I like most of it but it's nothing I want to have multiple viewings of. The really mindless stuff is where we have no common ground at all. If its just something to have on for a quick watch or in the background, for me its "the Office", " Community ", " Always Sunny ", etc. She doesn't hate the Office but won't watch it again but she hates the other two and has never sat through an entire.episode. She likes " Sister Wives"(it's a point of honor that I will not watch this), "Say Yes to the Dress", or " Love It or List It". The last two I can tolerate but one episode and I've had my fill for a week or longer.

Here’s the non-stressful move when somebody wants to go the CK factory: order their $13.95 hamburger and don’t worry about it. Then enjoy their cheesecake.

Reactions: krazykats
There is a search function on every streaming device that allows you to type in the name. What’s the struggle here?

Cheesecake Factory has these fried macaroni balls that my wife is addicted to which I make fun of her about, but they are good.

These barrels we picked from were really some damn good barrels. Pretty excited to see groups feedback on their picks.

Reactions: drxman1
If you Google “Clueless streaming” it tells you that you can watch it for free on Pluto TV.

So your proposed solution to what I talked about was that I use google to find which of the seemingly infinite streaming services I already have, decipher those results google results, and then determine that it is free on Pluto TV (presumably another streaming service, which I thought was quasi IP theft)?

All to watch the movie Clueless with my wife when we were just looking for something fun and lighthearted to watch on a dreary February Saturday night.

That was really helpful, cricket. Much appreciated.

:flush:

631.png

I don’t get high anymore, but if I did I am pretty sure I could lay back and listen to Pearl Jam indifference on repeat 100x in a row.

Well... yeah. PlutoTV is a relatively popular free legal streaming app.

If that’s too complicate you might want to just buy the DVD in case she wants to watch it again.

If it was me I would search for it on my Roku, it would give a list of all the apps the movie is on and I would look for one that has it free. If I pick one that I don’t already have an app for it’ll download it for me.

Reactions: BleedBlueCats21
Well... yeah. PlutoTV is a relatively popular free legal streaming app.

If that’s too complicate you might want to just buy the DVD in case she wants to watch it again.

If it was me I would search for it on my Roku, it would give a list of all the apps the movie is on and I would look for one that has it free. If I pick one that I don’t already have an app for it’ll download it for me.

Joey is a much superior dork than you. He gave me a solid, easy solution.

You're talking about using an app to search for other apps to download. Thanks, poindexter.

Siamese Dream is my favorite SP album.

Completely random, but been trying to find the movie Cocoon, only place have found is for sale on dvd for like $30...don’t wanna see it that bad.

But somehow got a hankering for a lobster roll today and had no problem spending $127 to be shipped in from Maine...be here March 2.

Siamese Dream is my favorite SP album.

Completely random, but been trying to find the movie Cocoon, only place have found is for sale on dvd for like $30...don’t wanna see it that bad.

But somehow got a hankering for a lobster roll today and had no problem spending $127 to be shipped in from Maine...be here March 2.

You know they have lobster tails at the Fresh Market for $7.99. Chop it up, add some mayo and a few other things, put it on a roll, and you’re done. No waiting.

Your mom was an app at the gangbang where you were conceived, imo.

Look it up on Roku and download the app it recommends. Start with "Dog Fart Network".

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT