ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know exactly how much is out there for Reed, but I think it's more than some of you think. About a month ago I attended a dinner at Winstar farm for Reed. His fee was $30k. Guy sitting with me said he had 4 similar events booked for that week. He also said they have a standing offer from 1 single person of $3 mill for him if he comes back.
His girlfriend is also at UK.

We're up to $4,030,000 already and that's before the venmo at home games.

Guys, in 1 months time we’ll know either way.

Pretty sure the Sheppard’s will be fine regardless!

Yea well EVERYONE seems to be counting their money and worried about more/less etc.

Christ if all you care about is your cats and they have their best shot at the SEC Tournament and NCAA tournament in 5-7 years let’s, you know, stop counting his money worrying about if he’ll stay or not.

4 weeks, and we’ll all find out together.

Reactions: klambert6
Random nostalgia:

- I love the Madison Square Garden horn. A deep, rich, and masculine sound that lets you know when a sub is coming in. Rupp has the same sounding horn but it isn't that loud.

I was catching some of the WCC tournament last night and their horn sounded like some weak-ass European/Olympic sounding crap that made my skin crawl. Just a high pitched MEEEEEEEEEEEP like if the Road Runner had a speech impediment or something. I don't care for it.

That's all. Sorry.
Direct contrast with the old Spectrum horn, which let you know Pitino forgot to have someone guard Grant Hill.
-Sheppard will likely go, but a part of me still says if there’s a lottery pick-type one-and-done who would come back and forgo millions, it would be him. Think his parents seriously try to talk him into staying one year to work on his defense.

I don’t think Reed will be the #1 pick. But I hope he is.

However if he is even projected in the top 3, Calipari will make him go. I don’t even think it’s a question and as much as I am sure he loves it here, there is Kentucky famous and then world famous

If he were the #1 pick (or even top 3) that’s a level of fame and success that ain’t in the same stratosphere. Maybe he stays, maybe he doesn’t. But there is zero financial reason to stay. If he were to, he would be the first player since Tim Duncan to make such a decision.

• Sad
Reactions: jayroon
In theory, NIL should make it a virtual certainty that guys like Thiero, Burks, Bradshaw, Ugo, and even Wagner return to UK until they are first round picks.

It should. However, as you should know by now, their spots next year have already been filled. Now let’s go win #9.

I swear I'm not saying Wagner is selfish or not any good, but his primary offensive skill is going 1:1 and driving to the basket to get a layup. In high school, he was unstoppable. In college, it's been tougher for him. In the NBA, he'll be in trouble without adding better passing or shooting to his game.

Well I’m now intrigued. Which PG’s did this coach ruin?

Wallace
SGA
Maxey
Quickley(maybe a 2)
Murray
Ulis
Harrison
Teague
Knight
Wall
Bledsoe

Edit: That leaves Wheeler(wasn’t bad here), Askew, Hagans and the pipsqueak that got anxiety here.

I’d love to hear how these four were ruined.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Wagner has the potential to be a highly skilled PG, but is trapped in this system under a coach who has ruined more than one PG in recent years.
Yeah it sucks for the countless other PG's in the league killing it. If only they weren't ruined by Cal.

You are an absolute clown. Nobody listens to or cares about your talent evaluations. That was true years ago and only cemented by all of the nonsense you spewed about Sheppard.

Fair, now tell us how you feel about NBA GM’s making these type decisions.
I think Wagner is typical 18 year old high level prospect. He's got a lot of potential and a lot of warts.

If I'm a GM, I figure I can fix him only driving / finishing left because the kid is a righty and it seems like something akin to a case of the yips. He's shooting 31% from 3 on the year. That's not great but his shot isn't broken and there is significant room for improvement. If he wasn't playing next to Reed, Rod, and Antonio he'd look a lot better.

Most of all, he's a kid with deep NBA connections, who seems to have a great attitude, and has a ton of talent. I think he will get picked a lot higher than his play warrants because of his last name and college pedigree but I also don't think that's a stupid bet at the end of the first round because he's the kind of player that sticks in the league for 10+ years.

Not trying to be a downer but 4 Years ago yesterday they announced, just as the 2nd round games of the SEC tournament was about to kick off, that it was cancelled. Our lives were upended, still isn't back to normal and probably won't be for some time. 😕 I'm glad to see this time of year roll around where we can enjoy some March Madness.

It's been back to normal for going on 2 years or more.
Are we quarantined and people dying from Covid like 4 years ago? No but things are not back like they were before. My wife and daughter are both teachers and would disagree that it's normal. Kids education during the quarantine suffered greatly with the virtual classes and a lot of kids are so far behind it will take a while to get them back on track. The economy is still struggling to get back to where it was. There are many other things are still not like the were before. So it's better than it was and getting better everyday but it's not normal.

-That was a really rough couple pages. Again, just because that enticing little "post reply" button is down there in the corner, you don't have to hit it. Quality > Quantity. For most you rarely hit quality. So just less. A LOT LESS.

-3 nights of later than 12a sleep in the last week is brutal. To the point now that's significantly more harmful than a pretty good drinking night.

-Thought Riley Gaines did a fantastic job on JRE. She's sharp af for a 23 year old.

-I'm basically a Court Jester every morning trying to keep the 3 year old from going insane. "Dance clown!!"

-Typical March nonsense. 75 today. 40/26 Monday.

-Leighton Harris 🔥🔥🔥

-Aaron Rodger is running for VP 😲😂🤮.... hold on... is he the best VP candidate?

Last edited:
-That was a really rough couple pages. Again, just because that enticing little "post reply" button is down there in the corner, you don't have to hit it. Quality > Quantity. For most you rarely hit quality. So just less. A LOT LESS.

-3 night of later than 12a sleep in the last week is brutal. To the point now that's significantly more harmful than a pretty good drinking night.

-Thought Riley Gaines did a fantastic job on JRE. She's sharp af for a 23 year old.

-I'm basically a Court Jester every morning trying to keep the 3 year old from going insane. "Dance clown!!"

-Typical March nonsense. 75 today. 40/26 Monday.

-Leighton Harris 🔥🔥🔥

-Aaron Rodger is running for VP 😲😂🤮.... hold on... is he the best VP candidate?
I guess Kanye turned him down? I mean he does know that when looking for a running mate VP stands for Vice President not Very Peculiar doesn't he?

• Sad
Reactions: jayroon
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT