ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
His 4th foul is the one that killed us. He fouled a guy at half court that was just useless.

Ohhh was talking about that game yesterday

Didn't Dale Brown dive for a steal & dislocate his shoulder?

Dude played solid defense and could shoot the TREY - quite nicely for a walk on

Funny seeing the journey from baggy shorts to something closer to Nutt-Huggers again

I guess if The Mullet can make a comeback - anything can !

Funny seeing the journey from baggy shorts to something closer to Nutt-Huggers again

Yep. Dale Brown was essentially cause Travis Ford was our point guard. His little pip speak ass had to try and guard Jalen Rose and Jimmy King.

I'm absolutely done with seeing Kansas on the GD 3 seed line.

10-8 in the Big XII. No doubt they'll use McCullar and Dickinson's injury as an excuse to keep them on the 3.

Meanwhile:

Games missed:
DJ Wagner - 4
Rob Dillingham - 1
Tre Mitchell - 6
Justin Edwards - 1
Adou Thiero - 8
Zvonimir Ivisic - 18
Aaron Bradshaw - 7
Ugonna Onyenso - 9

I'm absolutely done with seeing Kansas on the GD 3 seed line.

10-8 in the Big XII. No doubt they'll use McCullar and Dickinson's injury as an excuse to keep them on the 3.

Meanwhile:

Games missed:
DJ Wagner - 4
Rob Dillingham - 1
Tre Mitchell - 6
Justin Edwards - 1
Adou Thiero - 8
Zvonimir Ivisic - 18
Aaron Bradshaw - 7
Ugonna Onyenso - 9
What’s wild is Tennessee has one player injury this year and they only missed one game.

Dale wasn’t a walk on; was a juco transfer

Saw that team kill Wake in Charlotte in the Sweet 16. That game was over at the first tv timeout.
That might have been one of the greatest UK experiences of my life.

Funny fact, there was a kid that got PT on that Wake team that was a regular character on the tv show Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I was at that game, too. Spent a night in the concourse of Memorial to get tickets when they went on sale at 6:00am. I got the last set available. Also saw the FSU game two nights earlier. Both were just an incredible display of basketball. Went to New Orleans for the Michigan game, too. That sucked.

Brown was a JUCO but everything else is pretty spot on.

I was at that game, too. Spent a night in the concourse of Memorial to get tickets when they went on sale at 6:00am. I got the last set available. Also saw the FSU game two nights earlier. Both were just an incredible display of basketball. Went to New Orleans for the Michigan game, too. That sucked.

UK-FSU game wasn't two nights earlier. It was the UK-Wake game that was the Sweet Sixteen game, and then the UK-FSU game two days later was the Elite Eight game.

I'm already incensed about Sunday. This draw is going to be absolutely maddening. Kansas should be a 5 at best. No doubt the committee gives them a pass for the injuries and bringing in a rapist who got kicked off the team cause "Self didn't know" or some bullshit

UK-FSU game wasn't two nights earlier. It was the UK-Wake game that was the Sweet Sixteen game, and then the UK-FSU game two days later was the Elite Eight game.

You are right. It’s been a while and I’ve slept since then. Either way those were two of the most dominating performances I’ve ever seen.

Reactions: BeaveUKGT
-Surprised some buddies that came in town from KW for Reggae Riseup this weekend, they didn’t know I’d be working at the bar they came to nor that I was even permanently in SP.

They’ll be vending for their apparel company Lost Boy Creations. Going to be cool with their tent up in the venue and media passes all weekend, should make for some good times. They couldn’t have gotten a closer AirBNB if they knew where I lived.

Dirty Heads tonight after work, venue is right on the water in downtown SP, work Friday, Festival all day Sat and then Segura that night with the festival all day Sunday too.

Best weekend here so far with old friends in town and the weather is just tits.

SP is showing out right now with the weather and festivities every weekend.
8PM is going to turn into 9:45 by sunsets in about 6 weeks. Nothing better than trying to get kids to bed an hour before it’s dark!
Don’t know how you parents pull it off, pretty amazing sometimes. Now do it in a cave, hunt for your own food, no AC/heat, or doctors, lord you parents would’ve never made it as cavemen. At least you have Bravo and Xanax to make it through though! 👏

Last edited:
- Season 1 of Ray Donovan was solid, but I could see myself not finishing all 7.

- Calvin Ridley to the Titans. Levi’s has weapons galore so once they draft a LT in the draft they’ll know quick if he is the guy. I think he is, and moved forward with season tickets.

- SEC games looked packed. That’s awesome for day 1.

- Is anyone in the B10 worthy of the NCAA except Purdue? They were deep as recent as 2-3 years ago it seems.

- Finally threatened our engineer that I won’t pay for him to create something on paper I have no intention of submitting. Guy had a tendency to create 200 spot parking lot for no damn reason in an area a building exist, again for no reason.

As the property is we have 2 lots for parking already so design it there and I’ll curb it and paint some lines.

His constant “yea but” was starting to draw out my southside anger issues.

- Having to cancel DC for kids spring break trip. The wife is “fine” but seems to not be. Trying not to be a jerk as I feel it’s mental toughness she needs at this point, but it’s clear pushing a trip where that much activity is necessary wouldn’t be smart on my part.

- 7YO baseball starts next Wednesday. Can’t wait to see little man react to difference between laid back fall ball and super hyped up and out of control spring ball.

As good as we were that year, overall college basketball was flat out LOADED that year. Remember how good IU was that year? F'ing Calbert Cheaney had a better year than Mashburn.

First team AA's:
Mashburn
Cheaney
Hurley
Webber
Penny Hardaway

Second team AA's
Terry Dehere
Montross
JR Rider
Glenn Robinson
Rodney Rodgers

Third team AA's
Grant Hill
Billy McCaffrey
Allen Houston
Chris Mills
Nick Van Exel

Look at ‘96.

Reactions: WayneDougan
The time change has somehow made my kids sleep better. A f’n miracle. Twice this wk, both slept till at least 7am, which had never happened before in their lives.

This morning, it’s 8:02, and both are still asleep. Usually we’d been up for 3 hours by now.

- Finally threatened our engineer that I won’t pay for him to create something on paper I have no intention of submitting. Guy had a tendency to create 200 spot parking lot for no damn reason in an area a building exist, again for no reason.

As the property is we have 2 lots for parking already so design it there and I’ll curb it and paint some lines.

His constant “yea but” was starting to draw out my southside anger issues.
He isn’t going to stamp anything that isn’t up to code, regardless of existing non-compliance. If he’s proposing going beyond Code/Zoning minimum requirements, then fire him.

Last edited:
Beyond this year’s tourney run, I hope and pray that Cal embraces this new offensive style of play going forward. Recruiting 3-4 elite shooters every season should be the modus operandi be it freshman or transfer. All positions should shoot from range. Style matters. Excitement matters.

Cal can’t play the, “well these guys showed up on my doorstep and I have to play their strengths…”. Recruit the best skilled IQ guys who can shoot… not a congaline of string bean jumping athletes with wingspans…

Beyond this year’s tourney run, I hope and pray that Cal embraces this new offensive style of play going forward. Recruiting 3-4 elite shooters every season should be the modus operandi be it freshman or transfer. All positions should shoot from range. Style matters. Excitement matters.

Cal can’t play the, “well these guys showed up on my doorstep and I have to play their strengths…”. Recruit the best skilled IQ guys who can shoot… not a congaline of string bean jumping athletes with wingspans…
I'm not sure the dudes coming in next year fit that model. There's a lot of "great athlete, but needs work on his outside shot" type analysis.

So Nolan Smith is kinda a piece of shit. Who ever would’ve guessed?

7d5eaedf-9793-458e-a335-64be547ef31f-Nolan.jpg

- Kenny will never get a head coaching job again (nor should he), but he can probably name his location and his price as an NBA assistant for life, tasked strictly with personal development of bigs. Don't give him any game-planning responsibilities, just let him work with the 3-4 bigs on your roster and profit.

- Nolan Smith should never sniff a college staff after this. At least, not as an assistant. Some low-major will probably hire him for the name recognition, but that guy has proven to be a complete psycopath.

- One of the best developments over the past 3-4 years is the rise in bracket experts. Not because any of them are anything special, but simply because it's knocked Lunardi down a peg or two. Brian Bennett's breakdowns on The Athletic are far better.

- Time for that annual spring rite of passage....Arkansas reaching out to every single player in the portal.

- Saw Dana Altman's name floated as a potential UL candidate yesterday. That would be AWESOME.

- Something that *gets* me every time...that "God Made a Farmer" speech by Paul Harvey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT