ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big fan of Taco Johns and have been looking forward to it opening for a while but this is absurd and anyone waiting this long for it is an idiot.

356708383_10210945500469261_4806673503529365073_n.jpg

We live in the golden age of taco and taco-adjacent food options.

If you had shown a Chipotle to 12 year old me my 12 year old head would have exploded right off. And now it’s “well, it’ll do I guess”.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
-Eye pain is up there with mouth and back pain, trust.

-Jello shots are a fools errand. You out a tiny bit of everclear in there and call it a shot. Drink 100 you probably won’t be drunk but you’ll be full.

-Agreed anyone waiting for an hour for fast food tacos is a dullard. I remember when Etown got ocharleys and the Walmart parking lot was packed over night, yes people slept in a Walmart parking lot to eat bread rolls and mediocre food first thing the next morning.

-Taco Tico has lava sauce or something which was fantastic, or at least used to.

-Got a cupping set finally and love it. Also let’s everyone know you’re a workout weirdo which is nice.

-What is it with people and flicking off the camera in photos? Seems way too prevalent these days and very uncouth imo. Just like t-shirts with cuss words, why are you wearing that?

Maybe they don’t have a sleeve yet like me to permanently let the Wayne Dougans of the world know who is and who isn’t trash?

Argument against food trucks:
  1. They're slow
  2. They're loud
  3. They're dirty
  4. They're not any cheaper than eating in a restaurant
  5. There's nowhere to sit when you get your food (take-out sucks)
  6. They're wasteful (all disposables)
  7. They pollute
  8. They increase traffic problems
  9. There's nothing condusive to cooking in a small, confined space that makes the food any better

Wayne has a solid amount of UKO in him.

Next to BBdK, I have probably eaten at more food trucks than anyone on here. No idea why anyone would say they are a stupid invention. When the white collar midtown execs are lined up 100 deep for Uncle Gussy's and Halal instead of a restaurant, they must be doing something right.

Argument against food trucks:
  1. They're slow
  2. They're loud
  3. They're dirty
  4. They're not any cheaper than eating in a restaurant
  5. There's nowhere to sit when you get your food (take-out sucks)
  6. They're wasteful (all disposables)
  7. They pollute
  8. They increase traffic problems
  9. There's nothing condusive to cooking in a small, confined space that makes the food any better

waynes world 90s GIF

Next to BBdK, I have probably eaten at more food trucks than anyone on here. No idea why anyone would say they are a stupid invention. When the white collar midtown execs are lined up 100 deep for Uncle Gussy's and Halal instead of a restaurant, they must be doing something right.
People line up 100 deep to see old men ride bicycles naked at PRIDE parades. It means nothing.

I enjoy Food Truck shows/movie

- Food Truck Race
- Food Truck Face Off
- Chef
- many more

Every now and then there will be folks working in close proximity and they are sweating. I imagine some of that sweat drips in to the food so point for Wayne on that aspect.

Food trucks are 95% hyper passionate food people about their chosen cuisine. Also typically can’t afford brick & mortar, and grind their ass off in miserable hot/cramped conditions to make a living serving people their food.

Also very often the gateway to their eventual true dream of opening a real restaurant.

My experience is the MEDIAN quality of #taste exceeds the average casual kitchen. I attribute this to the fact most have only a handful of choices for which they specialize in, and have mastered.

I don’t go out of my way to frequent, but always a special treat, and often clutch outside a bar, brewery, etc. And a cheap way to try different shit you wouldn’t think to plan an evening or dinner out around.

Taco trucks obviously don’t need defense. Lol. Get real.

What a weird take. Yes, Jell-O shots suck. But It’s a social deal I’ll happily participate in when handed.

Wayne sucks at fun. Probably hates fair food too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT