ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Swiftymania taking hold of the Queen City. Pretty cool. Can’t recall anything like this.
My wife and two daughters want to go. My wife, who is very inexperienced when it comes to trying to buy tickets in the secondary market to sporting events, was explaining to me how there are tons of tickets available and therefore she should be able to get some.

WRONG - there are practically no seats available. As far as I can tell, there are about 400 seats on platforms like Vivid, SeatGeeks, etc. Most of those are singles. And many of those start at $2K.

Yet they are going up there - both nights. I just hope they don't get mugged.

My wife and two daughters want to go. My wife, who is very inexperienced when it comes to trying to buy tickets in the secondary market to sporting events, was explaining to me how there are tons of tickets available and therefore she should be able to get some.

WRONG - there are practically no seats available. As far as I can tell, there are about 400 seats on platforms like Vivid, SeatGeeks, etc. Most of those are singles. And many of those start at $2K.

Yet they are going up there - both nights. I just hope they don't get mugged.

I came close to pulling the trigger at Christmas for my wife, who according to her, is “the only person who hasn’t seen her yet.” But even then a pair of decent seats were $1500.

I’m not sure about stadium shows. If it was a more intimate atmosphere, I may have seriously considered it.

Sister and bro-in-law saw her in Detroit a few weeks ago. Said it was awesome 🤷🏻‍♂️

It really is mind-blowing how available ticket prices are around $1500 for SHITTY seats, yet no one is selling them. What Taylor Swift is doing is unlike anything I have ever seen.

Food trucks > white tablecloths

Go to Queens NY and explore/meander in and out of ethnic holes in the wall. May as well be a truck. Ask the guy working the grill what they’re ‘known for’. Profit. Don’t get me wrong, I love a good fancy restaurant. But it better blow me away if I’m dropping serious coin. Middling food over $30 plate can GTFO.

Found a full packer brisket (rarity) at my local grocery store for $6/lb. Ready.

Jell-O shots are fine mainly because they have a similar effect on our lady friends as roofies iirc. Can’t hate em.

Off to Shyong. 🙏🏻
Not sure if still the case but Queens had several 24hr taco stands on the street with various meats on the flattop in the late 90’s. That was the move after coming out of a party at 2am.

Reactions: WayneDougan
Elvis, Tupac*, and Biggie could rise from the dead and put on a 1 night concert and I wouldn’t pay $2,000 for a seat.

*Tupac really isn’t dead…he’s living out his life in hiding. #picturehimrollin

People craving experiences post-Covid.

Plus Swift has done a helluva job expanding her fanbase.

I absolutely do not consider it.

I think a lot of weird stuff happened the week he was shot and even after he passed, but that dude was shot down by the kid he beat up or that kids uncle.

I’ll leave it that, but I will add what we know of all three of those talents had they lived a longer life would probably lessen what we actually think of them……..Elvis was already getting there honestly.

Reactions: roguemocha
I absolutely do not consider it.

I think a lot of weird stuff happened the week he was shot and even after he passed, but that dude was shot down by the kid he beat up or that kids uncle.

I’ll leave it that, but I will add what we know of all three of those talents had they lived a longer life would probably lessen what we actually think of them……..Elvis was already getting there honestly.

No, F that. You want to stir shit up, put it out there COMPLETELY, MFer. None of this bitchass “I’ll leave it at that” shit.

What do you think happened to Pac? Spill it.

Add Chris Stapleton covering John Foggerty’s Joy of my Life.

Cover it live in concert if you want to sing it to your fans, but to add it to an album and put it out as a remake for yourself is a bit overboard.

Every great artist covers songs by other great artists. Even CCR covered their share.

Much like I can’t understand the argument against food trucks, I REALLY don’t understand anyone looking at a ACC/SEC men’s basketball matchup and saying “oh yeah, Miami and UK! Give the people what they want!”

Much like I can’t understand the argument against food trucks, I REALLY don’t understand anyone looking at a ACC/SEC men’s basketball matchup and saying “oh yeah, Miami and UK! Give the people what they want!”
We're too good for Final Four teams now?

Miami isn’t that bad of a matchup if is not Duke/UNC. Larrenega has a good program down there, they were basically the best team in the ACC last season.

Not ideal obviously, but it could have been much worse.

Morgan Wallen covering Isbell’s Cover Me Up makes me irrationally angry.

Same with Luke Combs and Tracy Chapman’s Fast Car.

Cover Me Up is one of the most deeply personal, emotional songs you'll ever hear. I hope to god Jason Isbell got filthy rich loaning that one out to Morgan Wallen, because there's no other excuse. How in the world that idiot can sing that and this with the same voice is just beyond me.

Ticket friend of ours has a 20 Person suite and many tickets available well below market if anyone interested or would like contact info.
TCCat?

My wife got a ticket through a friend for face last week when Ticketmaster dumped a bunch more. Trying not to be bitter at her. In other words, if this was for real, would be 100% sold

No, F that. You want to stir shit up, put it out there COMPLETELY, MFer. None of this bitchass “I’ll leave it at that” shit.

What do you think happened to Pac? Spill it.

Tupac was gunned down in the street. That’s what happened.

But finding out he had ordered an audit on Death Row because he disagreed he wasn’t owed anymore money. Also finding out all the bodyguards were told after the fight to not carry weapons on the way to the club 662, and coincidentally Tupac left his bulletproof in the hotel with his fiancé who begged him to stay or at least wear the bulletproof. The coincidence of Tupac raising up to jump in the backseat which ended up being exactly when his fatal shot hit him that pierced his lung causing it to collapse and per stories recounting that basically saved Suge’s life as that bullet hitting Tupac at that moment would have been at Suges head.

Then you can find out it was well known that Suge paid Orlando Anderson to not testify as Death Row attacking him violated several of those dudes shelves jail time, even though it was known that Orlando was the shooter.

Then within a year of Tupac being shot everyone one of the attackers was dead except Suge who seemed to find a way to be in jail every time a rash of killings broke out.

Business wise Death Row was a propped up venture that was financed by a dude named Harry-O who at the exact same time frame had word out that he was coming for everything Suge owed him for the start up financing of Death Row, so Suge wasn’t even the money guy and Interscope validated Death Row by giving them their distribution and Suge basically was a face by the time Dre left and was a target of Harry-O.

And just because every good story has to be tied to a female, Michel’e who was with Dre and left him for Suge was thought to be a splinter as she supposedly was sneaking around with Tupac too. That little twist I’m sure has nothing to do with it as Suge wasn’t behind it but shows Tupac and Suge while close, weren’t as close as thought to be.

It’s all fun to watch old clips and videos showing all the weird info around Death Row and Tupac but dude was shot down trying to be something he really should have been above. But he was overly trying to show he was down despite ordering an audit on the company he thought was robbing him.

Cover Me Up is one of the most deeply personal, emotional songs you'll ever hear. I hope to god Jason Isbell got filthy rich loaning that one out to Morgan Wallen, because there's no other excuse. How in the world that idiot can sing that and this with the same voice is just beyond me.
He donates those royalties to the Nashville chapter of the NAACP.

Not sure why anyone cares that Wallen covered that, he does a great job on it. It’s Isbell’s song not yours, get over it.

Just Wallen haters I’m assuming.

That being said, Post Malone’s cover of Rucker’s “Only Wanna Be With You” is awful and I really like his “songs” not really his raps though.

In a krazykats type situation I got word my brother, desperate for money was taking my incompetent pops to the bank today.

Hopped in the car and went to Schwab and Chase and froze his accounts and they have to call me for any transactions to go through.

Have fun with that loser. God man, people lose their ever-lovin’ shit over money.

Don't get me wrong, I think Morgan Wallen is an asshat and his music is absolute dogshit. But the issue appears that he is an asshat dogshit bro country artist who effectively leased an original song from an actually talented musician in a subgenre that outwardly mocks his own.

It's pathetic and his cover is trash. As are Morgan Wallen fans. But it's whatever.

Not sure why anyone cares that Wallen covered that, he does a great job on it. It’s Isbell’s song not yours, get over it.

Just Wallen haters I’m assuming.

That being said, Post Malone’s cover of Rucker’s “Only Wanna Be With You” is awful and I really like his “songs” not really his raps though.

Because you clearly don’t know how personal that song is to the original writer/performer.

Wallen doing a cover is every bit as authentic as me rapping about being a black man who grew up in Compton.

Food trucks suck too while we're at it. I'm with Wayne.

"HAMBURGER AND YOU SAID YOU ALSO WANTED A SIDE OF FRIES? OKAY $34.99 STAND ON THAT BLACKTOP UNTIL ITS READY IN 25 MINUTES THEN WE'LL ANGRILY SCREAM YOUR NAME AND GIVE IT TO YOU ON A FLIMSY PAPER PLATE AT AN AWKWARD ANGLE. NO NAPKINS. KROGER WATER BOTTLES OVER THERE IN THE COOLER $2.50 EACH."

So fun.

- At least I'm not the only one with crazy family.
- Ready to wipe the slate clean with the Redsox. Team shouldn't be great, but shouldn't be this bad.
- Reds losing 3 of 4. Do we curb the enthusiasm yet?
- Miss the days when you knew who the last 3 or 4 players UK picked up. Now they are all must-haves and I never heard of them 5 minutes ago.
- No matter who we get, the constant is still Calipari. In other words, MEH.
- I am ready for another all inclusive.
- Man do I love the people going 70mph in the left lane with 8 cars behind them. Just love them!!
- Concerts where just never my thing. If I am going they better have at least 15-20 HITS.
- Anybody hear about this guy in Chilesburg that took off on his bike at 930pm and has been missing for a week? Wife and kids at home. Supposedly his phone pinged down by the Clays Ferry Bridge and now nothing. He took off with some Skifooza or he jumped off the bridge right?

Reactions: grantbob
@PTI (pti) hate to break this to you man, but people sing songs that aren’t true to them or subjects they’ve never experienced all the time.

Sometimes they sing songs they didn’t even write!!!! ***GASP***

And yes I know all about his addiction and all that. It’s a fantastic song.

Speaking of Tupac, he studied ballet at The Baltimore School of the Arts, he wasn’t actually a hardcore gangster at ALL, but that never stopped you from rhyming along with him about selling drugs and beating people up and growing up a “thug”.

How’s that any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT