ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Rondo and Ulis on the coaching staff. Big fan of that. 2 of the best floor generals in basketball the last 20 years. Now that's how you get to modern basketball. Will he listen to them? Don't know but I think Rondo is going to be a great coach.

-If you're into healthy lifestyle shit, the Max Lugavere Podcast is excellent. Huberman is pretty good too but it's very dorky.

-Jordan Day. 2/3/23. Fun fact. He made north of 250 million last year.

-Speaking of GOATS, Brady got 375 million from Fox. Shew.

-Saw the question: What series would you bring back for 1 season? Going to assume it's peak. I'm going, Trailer Park Boys.

-Who coaches Florida's men basketball team?

Define successful? Rondo is smart enough to spin that into a new assistant position somewhere if they butt heads too much or if he thinks Cal is too stubborn etc.

On the flip side, as has been stated, he won’t be a yes man so either Cal accepts input and gets better because if it, or this position is used to grow.

Either way that’s win win with the class coming in next year!

Yeah, I really kinda want to see that Cal/Rondo dynamic because "something" will happen. Rajon doesn't seem to be the most communicative guy. Doc Rivers or Tubby said if he didn't like something he wouldn't do it but you'd have to explain why he should do it and if he understood then he would do it and if not, he still wouldn't do it. Which is probably not what Cal wants but he's the hero we need.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
- Rondo sounds the kind of guy who would use his hotel room bathroom and leave the door open the entire time. Probably better suited for the booth or for a studio show.

- Been a long week. Looking forward to watching some stand-up tonight down at the Opera House. Dusty Slay has become a favorite.

- The Ukrainian fellas are almost done painting the house. Great guys and they're doing great work. At one point yesterday one of them was having a very animated, forceful discussion on the phone in his native tongue, so there's probably a ten percent chance some John Wick-type stuff went on somewhere last night in central Kentucky. Just gonna assume the best and enjoy the fumes.

- Time to DVR all the old NFL Films "Super Bowl Highlights" shows that will be shown over the next 9 days. Those things are/were perfection. Their slow-motion footage of John Riggins breaking that tackle and rumbling for the go-ahead TD against the Dolphins 40 years ago is etched into my consciousness forever.

- lolz at Kelly Craft tweeting a picture of herself trying to talk to Jack Harlow. The guy looks like he would've rather been anywhere else in the world.

You can be certain Chad doesn't know. I mean, damn. Dude missed nearly half of the SEC coaches on our lake night when I quizzed him...not sure I'll ever look at him the same tbh.

Todd Golden - who must be a leaky “Augusta Hooters rounds-buying” little bitch because there have been like 100 favorable articles written about him from the usual suspects since Florida hired him, even though he apparently sucks. Similar to Florida’s last shitty hire.

I’m fired up this weekend.

Put me in the camp that doesn't think Rondo and Cal will co-exist for long.
Noted, thank you.

* Huberman is great but like Rogan, needs to learn brevity. It shouldn't take 4.5 hours to talk about optimal methods to build strength and put on muscle mass. Cliff notes - eat MOR protein. Lift heavy weights.

* Markets on quite a run to start the year. The demise and rumored shambles of some tech companies belongs in the 🥶 takes pile.

* 22/7 last night for Brooks. Averaging 18/7 on the year. Hopkins 16/9 ytd, respectfully.

Still can't get over that scathing yet clearly accurate blurb from Hopkins in the Athletic. Should be high quality ammo for Self, Capel, Drew, Oats, Scheyer or any coach who can spin a yarn the next time they sit in a coveted recruits living room :mad:

* A decade ago an 8:30 Saturday night tip used to mean starting at Tin Roof / Saints around 3:00 and rolling through the night. F*kig old now, but would be down for another gathering like last years Kansas game with the crew.

* Tulsa King - solid. Seems like that Sheridan dude is on one hell of a heater with streaming shows.

* Just finished the book 'True Believer', follow-up to 'The Terminal List'. No letdown whatsoever and just in time for the Prime series to drop.

* Speaking hOOts Dutchman's - took a server to Oaks a few years back. Was the perfect wild card in our group to spice up an already fun afternoon at the track. Almost had a buddy staring down the barrel of divorce after she put her crotch jewelry on display leaving the track.

* F5
Body Count's in the House - Body Count
Is there Something I Should Know? - Duran Duran
Wasted Years - Iron Maiden
I'll be Around - The Spinners
Me and My Friends - Red Hot Chili Peppers

There is a great foreign film from the 70s directed by Luis Bunuel, a master of "surrealism". I don't remember the name of it, but there was a scene that imagined if people socialized around going to the bathroom instead of eating, as both are necessary bodily functions. People gather in a dining room but it is not used for eating. There are toilets there so they go to the bathroom in between their conversations. When they need to eat, they go off alone to a little room, lock the door, and do so in private as to avoid embarrassment.
Well, what's it called?

• My kids dressed today so that you could decsribe them in one word. My son went as the color blue. And in case you couldn't tell that by the fact he painted his face blue and wore all blue, he wrote the word "blue" on his hands. His sister went as "pink". Real f'ing original, kids.
  • The Kara Lawson outrage over her team allegedly playing with a men's size basketball in the first half of their game cracks me up. The difference between the two is so noticable. Either the players are just stupid or (most likely) it didn't happen. Nice of the ACC to call BS on her.
  • Could use less bathroom talk on here. This isn't Rupp Rafters. Act like it.

I like that Max Lugav***e whatever guy you rec’d and really like huberman as well but his latest saying weed causes depression I think has some holes.

Weed makes you think about things you don’t want to think about, that’s why it’s such an introspective high. That bill you’ve put off, that card you need to write GMA, those errands you didn’t run, those work mistakes you know about but haven’t corrected, etc it forces you to think about which I think would be the cause of depression, as opposed to the drug itself.

Alcohol physically causes depression, but on the other end when you’re drunk you don’t care or think about those things you don’t want to think about since you have the eff it I don’t care feeling with booze so it “helps” that person in the moment.

Personally, I’m never happier than when I’m not drinking and just puffing and popping gum gums before bed.

#HotWeedTake

Reactions: 80 Proof
Smoking weed is fun.

Drinking is fun.

Smoking weed and drinking is fun.

A lot of things can be fun without being debilitating if you can practice moderation. However, the fact that weed is treated like a narcotic by the government when it's hands down a better crutch than alcohol ever will be is still a bunch of bullshit.

Smoke 'em and drink 'em if you got 'em.

- Unrelated. Wife next door was in cuffs last night. Can't see anything going on in front of their house from anywhere inside of ours and had to stop my wife from being the nosey one. My wife just happened to be coming home when part of it was going down.

Hope to get the details during puppy play hour. I know everyone will be on the edge of their seats in the meantime.

I bet the China Spy Balloon thread is full of rational well thought out posts.
Its amazing at the depth people will go arguing right vs left. I think those people are truly sociopaths. And always find a way to interject politics into every convo.

Eff that nonsense. I cant see defining myself to every thought or premise of a certain political party.

lolz at Kelly Craft tweeting a picture of herself trying to talk to Jack Harlow.
Fn65wn6XkAAl8Qp

"Please clap"

No I’ve been smoking weed since I was about 15-16, probably took a couple years off of it with nursing and most of one dating a teetotaler in KW.

I am much more disciplined about it now and just smoke or gummy at night before bed, never during the day unless I’m doing home renos on the weekend.

Im much more vocal about it ever since I got a med card. Everyone including boss/owner know I do, I can say hey this is legitimately doctor prescribed. Plus, as @catlanta33 said it’s 100000X better than alcohol in every aspect.

I firmly believe that if alcohol was first created today, there is ZERO chance the govt would allow it.

No I’ve been smoking weed since I was about 15-16, probably took a couple years off of it with nursing and most of one dating a teetotaler in KW.

I am much more disciplined about it now and just smoke or gummy at night before bed, never during the day unless I’m doing home renos on the weekend.

Im much more vocal about it ever since I got a med card. Everyone including boss/owner know I do, I can say hey this is legitimately doctor prescribed. Plus, as @catlanta33 said it’s 100000X better than alcohol in every aspect.

I firmly believe that if alcohol was first created today, there is ZERO chance the govt would allow it.
I bet you are. I mean if it was doctor prescribed then you could get high and not only not have to pay for it yourself but all other tax paying Americans will have to pay for it for you. Win-win

Last edited:
I've seen one potential route of the spy balloon putting it over @TheShowKiller jurisdiction, giving an opportunity for the Madisonville Air Force to shoot it down.
I think our Top Gun students are currently at a graduation celebration but I will get the word out, hopefully they haven't had too much champagne and that one renegade pilot can regain his edge in the middle of an international incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT