ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could just leave then.
Highly doubtful that would happen. I guess he could be named before but finish the season there though.

Someone mentioned Wade, Arkansas wanted to consider him but Sankey is not allowing league members to hire him due to his recent show cause.

Very unfortunate news regarding Oats.

I heard last night that Cal had to offer Perry due to public pressure but they told him not to accept. They didn’t want him here but he said he was coming anyway.

Guys, I’m so ****ing excited holy shit.

I read Norlander’s article and saw this and got angry again for a minute. ONE ****ING TITLE.

“Kentucky finished with a top-five recruiting class every cycle since 247Sports started tracking team rankings in 2010. The Wildcats landed the No. 1 recruiting class in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2020, and 2023 under Calipari's watch.”

But he’s gone. The worst in game coach in college history is gone. **** him, **** his asshole daughter, **** his culturally confused son, god bless his lovely wife, and let’s move the **** on and get back to where we used to be.

As for VernHatton’s claim that he can dust all of GYERO 1 on 1.

Bruh.

I’d skunk your ass.
Come on down, hoss

Reactions: NW50 and Col. Angus
Been a while but I needed a break from this as the last couple of seasons have been tiresome.

Haven't really been following anything after it was announced he was coming back so last night was a complete shock to me. I think everyone knew going into this season with this class and team it was do or die. Final 4 or burn it to the ground.

Ironically Cal goes out having finally gave us an offensive team we all have been clamoring for but that defense was absolutely maddening. Justin Edwards getting blocked by the rim was moment I knew we were losing that game and therefore the harbinger of the end of the Cal era.

Hopefully a new coach will be put in quick order so we he can salvage/rebuild our roster.

I heard last night that Cal had to offer Perry due to public pressure but they told him not to accept. They didn’t want him here but he said he was coming anyway.

This is true, per a staffer -- they did not want him to accept.

It feels like Monday of SECT week, circa the good years right now. Weather, vibes, excitement of everything to come 🥰

Still doesn't feel real.

Having the program back is the perfect way to put it.

Winning trumps all, but I was just thinking during the last SECT how much more connected everyone was to the team, even during the end of Tubby and BCG. After 2014 or so, even when we were winning it just didn’t feel like UK basketball*

* this isn’t a desire to go full UNC/Michigan cult for the sake of keeping it in the family

Reactions: NW50
This is true, per a staffer -- they did not want him to accept.

It feels like Monday of SECT week, circa the good years right now. Weather, vibes, excitement of everything to come 🥰

Still doesn't feel real.
Truly looking forward to all the stories coming out that have been locked in the vault.

Can't imagine there are many around UK basketball that would've pissed on Cal if he was on fire.

I’m sure there are other juicier stories but the one I heard was Cal didn’t have an organized practice schedule. It was day to day as to when it would happen. Every day was different.

My source is more on the athletic dept side for full disclosure.

Reed is doing a ProCamps thing this Thursday and just got an email this morning they’ve added a day on Saturday in London for another camp.

I guess go make that money when you can and before he has to announce decision.

But can I just string myself along with hope that this is a teeny tiny good sign?

If it isn't Oats, whatever. It's not gonna be Cal, and it's gonna feel like OUR program again, which is, at the core what our fanbase was ultimately sick of.
This. The main thing I've been saying to everyone I talk to is I'm just glad we finally get our program back.

Rupp used to talk a lot about building a foundation for success. But Cal pretty much dug out that foundation and instead built a popup cardboard tollboth on the road to the League.

It's hard to imagine an NBA guy who left to get away from recruiting & all the extra bullshit college coaches deal with 365 coming back to it after so long - and it's about infinity worse now w/ portal, NIL, etc.

Would of course be pleased with him.
I think UK needs to create a GM position to manage NIL, transfer portal, and general roster management for the HC.

Donovan’s age and unfamiliarity with the current NIL landscape are somewhat concerning. But I’m guessing he’s leveled up exponentially in terms of his coaching acumen after 10 years in the league.
Kelvin Sampson made the transition and created a powerhouse at Houston and adjusted to the NIL. He's a positive case study for good college coach making a return from the pro ranks, as well as Pitino.

I'm quite titillated by all the possibilities and will be overflowing with joy by the vast majority of the candidates suggested. I want UK to be back and unhitching from Cal's wagon was the necessary first step.

That link leads to what is a pretty disturbing cult-like portion of this fanbase that has developed in the last 5 years. Kinda shocking to see and the portion that would let this turn into IU.

That old saying no matter how beautiful, someone is sick of her shit. I've been sleeping on the couch since '15. We can trade-in for the younger, more fun, more energetic 10 now. UK has the money, the fans, the facilities - just missing our new HPOA CBB coach.

Also, f those fans. Get on board with this or f-off right with Cal to Arky.

That link leads to what is a pretty disturbing cult-like portion of this fanbase that has developed in the last 5 years. Kinda shocking to see and the portion that would let this turn into IU.
Affectionately referred to as “dumbasses”.

Also, excluding Reed, Theiro, and Burks... maybe Z. I wouldn't want anyone else associated with the previous regime to return. Clean slate. Don't care if it's a rebuilding year. Also, good to wait 2 weeks if it's the right hire. You don't make the hire at UK based on 1 class. This has to be the right fit, first and foremost.

Adam, I think he was referring to the earlier post stating that Oats wasn't going to be involved with our search per Trilly.

Mitch doesn't seem like the type that would be out and about giving all of the details of what he wants to do but my hope is that Oats would be a fallback for our bigger aspirations (however unlikely they may be).

Guess I should've never taken "Gohlke will go down in infamy as a hero to UK basketball" off my bingo card.

I have zero doubt Oats isn't Mitch's top, or probably even on his short list, but if it's even partially true that Boosters/Power ultimately 'hire' big time coaches, i don't see how he has a choice.

I mean, he hired CAL. Who are the new power players (RIP Pratt, etc) who will make this (or another homerun) happen? He'd be a fine hire, but You can't just go straight to Drew here.

Colin Cowherd still roasting Cal and calling him for what he is, a salesman!

I personally feel bad for Barnhart. Tough spot to be in as it seems he can’t mess this up, but if he does somehow, then Yikes!

I’ve swore off my past consumption level of UK and how I used to be so consumed with UK 24/7 and staring at a door for a coach to exit. But damn if I’ve not been glued since 1130 last night with maybe 2-3 hours sleep.

The stories that will come out will never be BCG style, but I want them all just as bad.

WTF happened here? 80 proof is dead on with his idea of a GM which would probably stay on through coaching changes. Genius IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT