ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Ever since the First Four was introduced, I've believed that it should be for at-large bubble teams only, so that low- and mid-major champs can play in the actual dance. I still lean that way, but someone on Twitter brought up a decent argument for a low-major WANTING to play in the First Four. Not only is it much greater exposure, being the only game on at the time, but it also means you get to play a team of comparable talent, and therefore a greater chance of winning a game (which benefits your program AND your league). And it's true. Other than UMBC and Fairleigh Dickinson, nobody usually pays much attention to 16 seeds beyond the midway point of the second half. But tonight is a two-hour commercial for both Grambling and Montana State that every other comparable program would kill to have.
They also get an NCAA tournament “share” for a win, the same as a regular tourney game. Which is pretty awesome for those small conferences.

Reactions: jayroon
(rim-shot)

Try the veal.

Sheckie Deskins
Back in high school a bunch of guys had CB radio's in our trucks. Of course cell phones were still pretty new and signal in rural KY was terrible. My CB handle was Rimshot and I got the name from Earnest Goes To Jail's dog.

4a94b123e124eb1fab24a2601d02b0b0.jpg

I don’t know if this is common knowledge, but Brad Calipari has a tattoo that’s even worse than “EARNED NOT GIVEN.”

He’s got a full blown mural on his back of himself as an small child dribbling a basketball as a 30/40-something John looks on, with something like “Like Father, Like Son” written in Italian.

Saw this pic with my own eyes. Someone I know connected with him on an online dating app specifically for “pro athletes” and such.

I don’t know if this is common knowledge, but Brad Calipari has a tattoo that’s even worse than “EARNED NOT GIVEN.”

He’s got a full blown mural on his back of himself as an small child dribbling a basketball as a 30/40-something John looks on, with something like “Like Father, Like Son” written in Italian.

Saw this pic with my own eyes. Someone I know connected with him on an online dating app specifically for “pro athletes” and such.

That would actually check out in terms of my Freudian analysis of Brad which states he has never felt that he was good enough for his dad and that he’s been “replaced” in his father’s eyes by all the 5-stars that came through.

Well, he has no shame about embracing the "barnacle" parasitic role, when it comes to his Dad.

Wouldn't most sons want to go somewhere else, and make their own way?

In my late teens/early 20's I couldn't WAIT to get away from my family. IN fact, I'm seriously considering just leaving in the middle the night, clearing out all of my assets, and moving out into the desert, with no forwarding address. I just need to figure out how to not be found, but not declared dead. (so I can keep drawing my pension)

If anyone can prove this with photographic evidence, well…. I don’t know what I’d do.

Hate the Brad

Hate the Brad
I don't hate him. He doesn't even bother me. And I feel kind of sorry for him too. I think it would be awful to have a dad where it would be virtually impossible to ever live up to. So your only move is to hang around the rim so to speak and live off the royalties. No offense to @anthonys735 or @HUBER of course.

My detest comes from the 18 or 19 season when we went down to Tenn with about 7 healthy players. He’s on the bench, redshirting, so he could graduate a year early and have 2 years to go play somewhere else. Can’t remember if he was actually on scholarship, but if so, it makes it even worse.

If I’m wrong on any of that then I hate him for his stupid “earned not given” tattoo.

What are you talking about? ENG would be beloved if as an adult he’d come out discussing how FOS is dad actually and poke fun of his used car salesman nonsense.

I can’t imagine having Cal as a dad and not just roasting him 24/7 for his goofy ass nonsense.

This feels like a Mitchell game with 4 shooters around him. Early in year he was playing the high post against a zone great.

Let’s utilize our strengths tomorrow John, not attempt to barely fix the weaknesses.

I’m still all in damnit. We need this

I would agree with this since the coach already gave his report that they only have to guard us at the 3pt line because we have no post play.

Tre is the only player that can get down there and go.

Well we are going to start with our all Calipari line up for defense. They will come out red hot from 3 and take an early lead. We will sweat out and bitch the first half. Doesn't matter who we play anymore. That's what will.happen. hopefully we aren't ice cold.

It's almost a psychedelic experience, that UK fans are actually game-planning/breaking down strategies on how to beat a 14 seed on the opening day of the NCAA tournament.

THAT is what a battered wife looks like.

Starting the in game redass early aren’t we!

Oakland beat Detroit Mercy by 5 two weeks ago. Oakland was down four at the half. Detroit Mercy is the worst basketball team in college sports. They finished 1-30 this year.

We are going to kick the shit out of Oakland.

Edit: Did you know that IU's Mike Davis was the coach of Detroit Mercy until a few days ago? Good lord - that guy sucked.

I rescind my rule of same bracket for every pool. I always forget and love that for Kentucky-based brackets it’s usually better not to pick UK because most people will have them.

1 of 5 people in Florida is from here (probably) so you can pick any team basically.

• Sad
Reactions: jayroon
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT