ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ksta, or any of you analytics balls/subscribers able to pull how many dunks Theiro has since his return from injury?

I mean, it's ridiculous. Feels like it has to be 3 per? The oops are one thing, but on basic dump offs the dude goes up on a standing vertical and gets his chin to the rim lol. Extra bonus for his 'on your head bitch' tap gesture pretty much every time. #worship

I'd pay a little $$ to be able to have him back next year, he has that annual KU upperclassman breakout/glue AA written all over him. Full offseason dedicated to the jumper, and sky is the limit now that he's a confident/proven dude. Start a fund, brady.

(Needs to quit hanging on the rim so aggressively, but he was better last night)

Last edited:
You're a f'n moron. If there is one thing DJ hasn't been this year, it's selfish. Some of you nitwits try to create shit to bitch about. DJ has been a GREAT teammate all year, even through his struggles. Oh, and he did give Shep the ball, you stupid son of a bitch.

The DJ hate stops now!
I think it’s been unselfish of him to play through his injury which is not helping his draft status.

Anyone calling DJ selfish this season is a GD buffoon. "Trying to improve his draft stock" lol.

Cal was telling him to go, and he was caught up in the moment & never even saw Shep. Trust I was screaming at the TV myself. Then, made the correct play, and we won. His steal was huge, and I was actually wanting him in there for a try once we took the lead, and then couldn't get a stop.

He shouldn't be starting, I get it. It's actually doing HIM a disservice. But, He played a great game. Another guy I'd love to have back -- has to be a weird year for him given his status, watching so many others take off, but he hasn't flinched, and is respected by his teammates as a leader.

Clearly our 4th best guard, but i couldn't disagree more with those who think he deserves 0-10 minutes, or views every DJ minute as one stolen from Dilly, or whatever.

Props to Bradshaw as well. Dude is the biggest cheerleader on the bench, even on basic DNPs of late, and plays his ass off in his limited minutes. Just not there yet.

This team is special like that. It hasn't been that way for awhile, especially w/ the 5* guys or team stars. If they are upset about their lack of PT/shine, they sure do an oscar-worthy performance of hiding it. I sure hope they can make a run despite their Coach, b/c they're as lovable a bunch as we've had, or will see around here (in this era), imo.

____

RIP Richard, that sucks. I legit googled "Richard Lewis Health" during the 1st/2nd episode b/c he looked so awful, like much moreso than recent seasons. Parkinson's was mentioned of course, but generally read that otherwise he was doing pretty great, considering. Hate this one.

Last edited:
I think Wagner thought he’s the best 1:1 player on the team and was going to take it all the way, got shut off by Miss St, and dished to Reed. I don’t really have an issue with this because often with 10 seconds left you drive to the basket. Second, all of Wagner’s life he’s been the guy in that spot. Was second nature for him.

DJ hasn't been ball stopping nearly as much the past two games, and obviously that's helped him get in a better rhythm.

The dunk Thiero had off the Reed lob in the first half was a great play call. With Z in there's just so much room for him to cut.

Z is going to get better and better passing out of that high paint area. He's already good, but hopefully he can fine tune against Arkansas and Vandy.

That crowd knew they were getting beat last night. Love watching the reaction of the two (hot?) chicks in the corner in the second half. They obviously had the bball knowledge of Catman, but they knew.

Ksta, or any of you analytics balls/subscribers able to pull how many dunks Theiro has since his return from injury?

I mean, it's ridiculous. Feels like it has to be 3 per?
14/16 on dunks his last 5 games, highlighted by 5/5 against Vandy, so yep, right at 3 per.

BTW, I don’t subscribe to anything - all the stuff I post is freely available, gathered from evanmiya, barttorvik, cbbanalytics, and other various stuff I find on the internet. Just gotta be a big enough dork to know where to find it.

I dabble, but not nerdy enough to filter all the good shit. Nice little role you've carved in here, and appreciated.

Just don't get too carried away with it or go Sean Vinsel on us. 🤮

I love analytics as a supplement, I mostly find them fascinating, and appreciate their growing role in sports, as the numbers are what they are -- but you have some of these dudes out there who are 110%, and allow ZERO room for actual feel, situations, off-court stuff, eyes, experience, knowledge of the game, etc etc -- that drives me bonkers.

But I am impressed you took Cal's Ck out of your mouth long enough to type up these responses.
To be fair I think he could probably type out posts just fine with Cal’s cock in his mouth. Don’t think it would be that difficult a task.

But anyway…

I dabble, but not nerdy enough to filter all the good shit. Nice little role you've carved in here, and appreciated.

Just don't get too carried away with it or go Sean Vinsel on us. 🤮

I love analytics as a supplement, I mostly find them fascinating, and appreciate their growing role in sports, as the numbers are what they are -- but you have some of these dudes out there who are 110%, and allow ZERO room for actual feel, situations, off-court stuff, eyes, experience, knowledge of the game, etc etc -- that drives me bonkers.
Agreed - really useful tool to support what you see or don’t see, and sometimes can bring out stuff you don’t. But IMO college basketball analytics are somewhat limited by definition because you’re almost always dealing with a small sample size, numbers in November don’t mean a whole lot in February (especially for UK), etc. Gotta take stuff in context and understand how the numbers are derived.

Any of you know DraftKings gambol?

So I played and won on UK last night does that still end my 1 time no sweat bet? Feel like I didn’t use it as I won but they’d be dumb to let it keep riding until I actually lose too.

Any of you know DraftKings gambol?

So I played and won on UK last night does that still end my 1 time no sweat bet? Feel like I didn’t use it as I won but they’d be dumb to let it keep riding until I actually lose too.
That’s it. You win and that’s it. You lose and it’s like getting an offensive rebound, or some nonsense like that.

It would be ok if you got whatever bet back in bonus bets but you only get it back for 1 bet. So, unless you get + odds or do a parlay with the bonus bet you will still end up down some even your bonus bet wins.

Cool. Was hoping to get the same deal again tonight with Auburn. Not willing to actually bet it for real tho.

Thiero’s ability to hang in the air is kind of bizarre to me. I really have not seen anyone do that it in a while. He just kind of hesitates mid air somehow. It is like a video game

I get why everyone is in awe of his dunks, but last night on a break he took off and seemingly floated a few seconds longer than even he thought he would before laying it in.

I was in shock of that more than the dunks.

Whats the earliest time for fouling a guy before he can shoot a 3 when you're up 3? Under 30? under 15?

Whats the earliest time for fouling a guy before he can shoot a 3 when you're up 3? Under 30? under 15?

It’s all situational. For example last night I was fine trading FTs to end it, but when our defense actually forced the ball in the hands of a terrible player that posed no threat that’s not the time to foul.

Had Hubbard gotten it on the inbound you foul around half court and let at least a few seconds burn.

At most only 2 sets of FTs there within the 15 second mark.

Reactions: WayneDougan
There was a KenPom study that showed if you fouled up 3 teams won 93% of the time and won 94% if they didn’t foul. It also said that only 16% of 3s were made in those situations.

So to me, given the minimal statistical variation between the two, I’m ok with coaches doing whichever of the two strategies and am ok if they change it up based on game flow/how good their ft shooters are/how confident they are in getting a defensive rebound off of a ft miss/how good their defense is/how good the opponent shoots 3s/etc.

For those fouling, I think with 10-12 seconds left of less is a good rule of thumb.

And that’s exactly why I can’t blame Cal for the last 50 seconds only 16% of the time does someone hit that 3 and that little pipsqueak went 3/3 in that scenario.

As far as strategy we know who we got. He doesn’t foul there and he isn’t calling that timeout to to give a defense a chance to set.

He lost a championship because of his strategy so he ain’t changing on a Tuesday night SEC West game.

-Fining Ronaldo $2,666 is literally like my job fining me $20. What’s the point?

-Hopefully people will stop getting upset at Stoops’ salary since Kansas just raised their coach’s contract to 7+ million a year for going to A bowl game…

-Two pretty cool regulars came into the bar tonight. Knew I was a big Kentucky guy and brought up the game last night.

“Who the eff is Sheppard? That dudes drags nuts around when he walks, huh?”

They thought he was the best thing since sliced bread, no idea about Jeff of course or that he was a current lotto pick. When I told them he comes off the bench they were both like 👀.

-Getting mad while driving has gone down exponentially in recent years but the other day I was driving through my neighborhood and was going 32 in a 25 and the sun was in my eyes, couldn’t see this couple walking on the side of the road because of the sun but as soon as I did I slowed down, smiled and waved, the “my bad” acknowledgment, not even close to anything crazy.

What made me want to slam on my breaks and say or what?!?! was the dude yelling at me “YEAH BEST SLOW DOWN!”

He was 5’4” and #200, shape of a bowling ball. It makes me irate when people that aren’t going to do anything act like it because you’re not “there”, you’re in the car or whatever so they think it’s internet rules. “I CAN SAY ANYTHING WITHOUT REPERCUSSIONS!!!”

Makes me so mad because people anymore don’t ever feel like they may get knocked the eff out if they don’t watch their mouth or be polite. Just say whatever you want and the other person will get in trouble.

It’s making a threat with ZERO backing but he still feels tough because I was nice enough to just drive away instead of choking him to a fuzzy darkness while his wife and two dogs watched.

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes,

“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they can be impolite without having their skulls split as a general thing”

-Robert E Howard

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: jayroon
-Hopefully people will stop getting upset at Stoops’ salary since Kansas just raised their coach’s contract to 7+ million a year for going to A bowl game…

-Two pretty cool regulars came into the bar tonight. Knew I was a big Kentucky guy and brought up the game last night.

“Who the eff is Sheppard? That dudes drags nuts around when he walks, huh?”

They thought he was the best thing since sliced bread, no idea about Jeff of course or that he was a current lotto pick. When I told them he comes off the bench they were both like 👀.

-Getting mad while driving has gone down exponentially in recent years but the other day I was driving through my neighborhood and was going 32 in a 25 and the sun was in my eyes, couldn’t see this couple walking on the side of the road because of the sun but as soon as I did I slowed down, smiled and waved, the “my bad” acknowledgment, not even close to anything crazy.

What made me want to slam on my breaks and say or what?!?! was the dude yelling at me “YEAH BEST SLOW DOWN!”

He was 5’4” and #200, shape of a bowling ball. It makes me irate when people that aren’t going to do anything act like it because you’re not “there”, you’re in the car or whatever so they think it’s internet rules. “I CAN SAY ANYTHING WITHOUT REPERCUSSIONS!!!”

Makes me so mad because people anymore don’t ever feel like they may get knocked the eff out if they don’t watch their mouth or be polite. Just say whatever you want and the other person will get in trouble.

It’s making a threat with ZERO backing but he still feels tough because I was nice enough to just drive away instead of choking him to a fuzzy darkness while his wife and two dogs watched.

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes,

“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they can be impolite without having their skulls split as a general thing”

-Robert E Howard

Maybe you should of taught ole Brunswick dude a lesson. You know, the one that says something about running his mouth and checks his ass can’t cash. I forget how it goes, I haven’t been in a fight since my JDI days. Maybe it was High on Rose, I can’t remember.

Reactions: roguemocha
Was there ever any doubt the media would take off with the Filpkowski story and turn it into something it wasn't? Of course he started the game today and played well, he wasn't that injured to begin with.

ESPN even titled their headline "Filipkowski leads Duke in rout 4 days after collision." He wasn't in a touching car accident you insipid dolts.

Lebron. 👀

Not a huge LBJ fan but it was extremely impressive to watch him do what he did tonight at his age. He dominated the 4th, for a long time had more pts than the Clippers in the qtr , and led the Lakers to their first 4qtr comeback from down double digits in something like the last 130 tries.

Reactions: jayroon
Watching this Oregon-Oregon ST game cuz I’ve got it in a parlay, only reason.

My God PAC-12 refs are just as bad as SEC refs.
Has the overall quality of referring gone down in the last 5 years or is it me?

There’s a chance while small there could be 6 SEC regular Season Champs.

Tennessee - Win at Alabama, Lose at USC, Lose to UK
Alabama - Lose Tennessee, Lose at Florida, Win Arkansas
USC - Lose Florida, Win Tennessee, Win at MSU
Florida - Win at USC, Win Alabama, Win Vandy
UK - Win Arkansas, Win Vandy, Win at Tennessee
Auburn -Win MSU, Win at Missouri, Win Georgia

Not a huge LBJ fan
Me neither. I'm convinced by Thomas Sowell's argument that LBJ's Great Society initiatives actually had an insidious net negative effect on America that persists to this day and, of course, the constant rumors that LBJ might have had something to do with Kennedy's assassination are hard to ignore, as well.

All in all, I consider Ol' Lyndon to be one of our worst presidents, frankly -- down there with Woodrow Wilson and James Buchanan.

Me neither. I'm convinced by Thomas Sowell's argument that LBJ's Great Society initiatives actually had an insidious net negative effect on America that persists to this day and, of course, the constant rumors that LBJ might have had something to do with Kennedy's assassination are hard to ignore, as well.

All in all, I consider Ol' Lyndon to be one of our worst presidents, frankly -- down there with Woodrow Wilson and James Buchanan.

Of course, that’s your contention - you’re a Libertarian lawyer 15 years into your career who thinks he’s smarter than he actually is. You have any thoughts of your own on this topic or is that your thing- you come onto a college sports message board and parrot some Conservative bullshit to show how well read you are, impress some internet geeks and embarrass my friend?

I, too, enjoy a good column from Brother Thomas. I should probably read the Athletic, though. I hear there are a few good articles there this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT