ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cal looked to be reverting a bit tonight pressing, yelling and sweating all over. Hope just a blip.

Lets get adou back please.

Didnt want to jinx but the UK half line has been kind.

Another win lets go.
Bc Missouri was reaching and grabbing the whole game but wasn’t called for fouls. He does not keep his composure when teams play that way.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Frankly, at this point, there isn't all that much composure to, you know. lose*...

And I know our defense isn't inspiring, but I bet if you look at the numbers, a great offense is a better predictor of tournament success than a great defense. I'd even wager some money on that.

Last edited:
Reactions: roguemocha
At this point with player injuries, I’m convinced Cal has Munchausen Syndrome with his guys. That way he can always say he “doesn’t even have a full team”, “we can’t even practice”, “can you imagine if we were healthy?” Etc.

That being said, I’ll take the other changes he’s made this year, just please don’t tighten up and revert in the tourney please.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Frankly, at this point, there isn't all that much composure to, you know. lose*...

And I know our defense isn't inspiring, but I bet if you look at the numbers, a great offense is a better predictor of tournament success than a great defense. I'd even wager some money on that.

I forget the exact ranking but I think there hasn’t been a champion that wasn’t top 20 in both offense and defense in like 30 years.

Rankings and years may be slightly off but it’s pretty close.

-IU was *the* rival in the 80's and most of the 90's. Played every year... knew actual IU fans (pre internet).

-played mid...and still covered. This bball team is good.

^didn't mind the forcing the game to Edwards in the 2nd half... gonna need him(to be confident) at some point and the game was never in doubt.

-new firewood is perfectly seasoned. Burns easily for a fairly long time. Nothing beats a proper fireplace.

Needed new glasses and new sunglasses. Went to Costco last night walked out with 2 pair of glasses and one pair of sunglasses for $251. All 3 are pretty nice brands and look good, i have good insurance and maybe there was a deal but kind of shocking. Im sure some of you others get glasses there but man...

I won’t say real fans know that Indiana and Tennessee are the true rivals but the smart ones do.

I’m rooting for Louisville against UNC and Duke. I’m not rooting against Tennessee or Indiana against anyone. Titans colts pacers Nashville sounds all fall into that category too.

Reactions: funKYcat75
* Remember when we used to pretend that people who work at grocery stores were heroes?

Man, COVID was cray.

* The question every year -- "who takes the BIG shot?"

Can't believe we have 3 super legit dudes.

Dilly = iso/shake his man
Wagner = drive to the basket
Reed = find an open look

Among the best in the country at that respective aspect of their game.

When's the last time you could say that about a Calipari team? Not never.

* Vision insurance really just requires you to stay within a network. A network in which they overcharge you, then discount your purchase with the insurance.

So yeah. Paying cash is normally better. Follow me for more insurance and benefit tips on my Linkedin page.

* Poor Reed was getting abused on D last night, probably more than anyone else. I'd really love for Bradshaw to be the rim protector we need, but he's just not that guy. Hence the need to keep giving spot minutes to UKO, who has actually performed admirably.

On a postgame a few weeks ago Cal mentioned UKO and and how well he played, and said something like "he's a big 7 footer that clogs up the lane. If you're going to be a real team, you need a guy like that." And he's right, no matter how much we love our guard-heavy lineup.

* Cold winter days make the trip to the gym even better. Wrap up every pump with a sauna sesh/steam room/scalding hot shower. The Executive Workout, if you will.

* Some items I've never worn/owned....

- sweater vest
- jean shorts
- tank top t-shirt

* Is Kige Ramsey still alive? I'm indifferent on the answer, btw.

* Aaron Rodgers > Jimmy Kimmel

No victory tour here. I just wish I could enjoy the season. I just know once March arrives we're going to see lineups of Ugo, Bradshaw, Mitchell, Burks and Big Z. The impending doom gnaws at my soul.

Reactions: roguemocha
Cawood, what’s the brand? I have Costco but never looked at their glasses but can always use an extra pair.

Been going mostly with the classic wayfarers lately, those things just work in most any situation besides like fishing or something.

That being said, I get a little 👀 when people say, “it’s a good bran.” Without saying the brand.

And we all know how I am about sunglasses…

I minded Edwards playing because he still brought little after his 2 minute spurt for, checks note, the only 4 points he scored in the game. I'm sure Cal will stick to his, "I can't kill his dreams".

The defense will be better if the bigs just don't fall for a pump fake every single time.

Reed is a terrible defender, one on one. He played Ole' defense quite a bit.

We can score the basketball, even on an off 3 point shooting night.

Also, if you send me an email without telling me you’re sending me an email, you may as well about at the clouds, I’m not opening it. I’ve been burned 163 too many times with the black man’s dick and things I just honestly don’t care about.

Needed new glasses and new sunglasses. Went to Costco last night walked out with 2 pair of glasses and one pair of sunglasses for $251. All 3 are pretty nice brands and look good, i have good insurance and maybe there was a deal but kind of shocking. Im sure some of you others get glasses there but man...

They sell glasses next to the pizza/slushie counter?

Costco for glasses...you get your physicals at Big Lots?

-Dilly weird case. He's unbelievable. Still gets way out over his skis and reminds me a damn Jack Russel. Not comparable to any player I can think of in recent history. He's gotta be one of the best scorers we've had under Cal. Love him end of game b/c he is'nt going to play Cal stall ball.

-Edwards is bad enough Cal mentioned post game it post game. He's not only lost but just not a smart player. Especially on D.

-If Edwards gets 10 shots, and Dilly get what he wants, then Shep has to start really hunting shots. (Credit WCC for this take)

-Cal typically has a damn good defense. Hoping he can get there but damn we're awful right now. At least we're opportunistic but we need to finish in transition better than last night. Specifically, Edwards and DJ.

-Mizzou threw the book at us, man, Junk zone. Junk press. How beautiful was Reed shredding that dumb press? Right after DJ picked the ball up in the back court.

-Get your shit together Mike Woodson. Don't need IU lucking into a good hire. Still think the 1980s passion for that place has moved to the pro franchises.

-UK and A/V are like an 85 year old and new iphone. The bass last night sounded like an 83 cutlass with 4 12's in the back.

I minded Edwards playing because he still brought little after his 2 minute spurt for, checks note, the only 4 points he scored in the game. I'm sure Cal will stick to his, "I can't kill his dreams".
Blah. We beat Missouri handily. If there was a game to try to get Edwards rolling that was it, especially with Adou out.

Earlier this year people were grumbling about Wagner starting over Sheppard. How is that looking now? Edwards is probably never going to live up to the absurd number one over all pick hype from this summer, but that guy has definite potential and seems like a good kid, to boot.

His minutes haven't cost us a game yet. I ain't mad at Cal trying to get him going because if he does -- Lordy. A 6'8 lefty swingman is pretty awesome to have in March.

* During multiple postgame shows, Mags has said that he's changed his prediction about Cal leaving after this year and thinks Cal will be here at least a few other years.

I've bitched about Cal as much as anyone here the last few years but if the Cal we are getting this year is what we will get the rest of his tenure, *THAT'S* the guy I want here for as long as he wants to be here.

* Other than Thiero, every player on this team is a shitty one-on-one defender right now.

- Edwards is on the Terrance Jones/PJ Washington path to me where I see the talent but he’ll need another year for it to pan out.

- Starting out 2-0 in SEC play was crucial to the season. Now as the rest of the league beats each other up we are ahead and not needing to get hot to finish strong.

- MSU over UT tonight, I think. UT is good but MSU at home and they are solid.

- I get why most hate this time of year but I love it. Conference play in basketball, NFL Playoffs, we have 2 birthdays weeks apart and our anniversary. Really gets me thru the Jan/Feb nonsense.

- Huber with an Old Fo 1924, and I haven’t seen one anywhere or even heard of them dropping. Nice.

- For NFL fans Cowherd is can’t miss for the next week or two.

- Ja being shut down after coming back and Memphis going 6-3 is just sad. Get healthy kid, hopefully they end up with a solid draft pick to get a player to help him.

-Cal typically has a damn good defense. Hoping he can get there but damn we're awful right now. At least we're opportunistic but we need to finish in transition better than last night. Specifically, Edwards and DJ.
When we can crack 90 and play our B game, we don't necessarily need stifling defense.

Opponents are shooting 41.5% against us for the season. Drop that to 38% and we will murk teams by 15-20 on the regular. Not a huge leap by any stretch.

Edit: I expect that FG% to come down as we continue to emphasize rebounding. ORebs and 2CP were probably a big contributor to teams hitting higher FG% early in the season.

Reactions: jayroon
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT