ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got to go for it there! I mean I want Washington to have a shot to score and get the ball back to start the half.

But Michigan has to go for it.

Most dominant 7 point lead you'll ever see.

Can't feel great if you're Michigan but I also don't see how Washington gets it going (probably pace).

Credit due, I won’t say anything negative about Penix or Washington because sometimes the other team executes and flat out beats you.

Jim is a helluva a coach and the NCAA is pissed right now.

Good for him! Enjoy this moment then tell them how shitty they all are and go back to the NFL!

Congrats.

Reactions: roguemocha
Cal referencing Is Richie gonna start on his call-in show last night was gold Jerry. 10 year old kid who asked the question didn't understand, but still..

Happy for a 7pm start tonight after "late" night last night. Latest game in January is 8:00 on 1/31 v Florida.

Save having Tom Crean as your son-in-law, I think the Harbaughs had it pretty good.

-In sports, if you ain't cheatin', you aint winning. TMFS.

-I also don't think the sign stealing shit is that big of a deal. We were doing that shit in LL. Regardless, f*ck Michigan.

-Monday Night National Championships are awful. TMFS. Get that shit on a weekend.

-Pearl would kill at UL but still not sure if he's got the chops for a title.

-Props to the UW RB. Had no business playing but went out there and gutted it out.

-The "New" One Minute Manager. A more friendly employee driven version of the classic for the ever changing world now that Top Down Management is obsolete. 😭 Even OMM got had by the DEI training.

-Not a fan of the Tiger/Nike split. Not one bit.

-HBD to Khalil Whitney. After quitting mid season in 2020 he's managed to score 64 total points which is 4 more than he scored during the 19-20 season. 2 of his classmates are still playing CBB(Allen, Brooks) Have a great one, Dragon.

• Penix Jr reminds me of Andre Ware / David Klingler types. System QB. Will do nothing in the pros.
  • Can’t wait until this bullshit extra year of eligibility from 2020-21 is over and done. Tua’s bro is looking for a 6th year. C’mon. We don’t need 24 year olds taking the spots of 19 year olds.
  • Bears should tell Fields to hit the road. Fella is limited.
  • No issue with a Monday night CFP. It even started at 7:30. What are you complaining about? They are not going to go head to head with the NFL so get real.
  • Still can’t believe they are putting a playoff game on Peacock, but I bet you’ll eventually see the Super Bowl as a pay per view event. Greedy bastards.

"Stripper-related issues."
The best part of this is when Louisville complains about this, they have to use context.

Say Michigan loses a banner, and their fans complain “we should get our banner back! All we did was steal signs, everyone does that!”

Louisville fans, meanwhile, FOR ETERNITY: “we should get our banner back! All we did was… well… there were strippers… a ceiling was involved… also, whores.”

• Penix Jr reminds me of Andre Ware / David Klingler types. System QB. Will do nothing in the pros.

System QB....lol. Ok, so is virtually every QB at a major college. FYI...they don't draw plays up in the dirt.

Fields is limited...sheesh.

Two of your worst takes ever.

- Agree on Penix, he was off on timing all game and missed wide open throws. I thought his time at IU would have given him some comfort against Michigan, but it was the opposite as they knew him and they rushed him every single play.

- I didn’t realize Michigan went almost 50 years from ‘48 to ‘97 without a title, and almost 30 years from ‘97 to yesterday. They seem more blueblood than that.

- I’ve grown to appreciate these rainy days. My phone has only rang 10 times and it’s basically a day off.

- If you are moving on from Fields it has to be considered what you’ll get in return for him. Because the flip to that is they could move the #1 with Washington to #2 and pick up some extra picks then take Marvin Harrison Jr and still have #9 overall too!

- Bring on the NFL coaching carousel rumors. Still alot of TN people saying Vrabel will be traded to New England.

As long as we get a LT to protect Levis I’m here for whatever.

- We win tonight, but Missouri covers.

- This will be unpopular but “if” I was UL I’d hang that banner back up. One I wouldn’t have much concern for the appearance as I’m UL anyway, but 2 and most importantly F the NCAA, what are they gonna do?

- Homeland got extremely bad after Bobby Axelrod was killed off. Need a “new” old show to dive into.

System QB....lol. Ok, so is virtually every QB at a major college. FYI...they don't draw plays up in the dirt.
Do you even know what a system QB means? Washington runs an Air Raid offense. The Air Raid offense evolved from the Run and Shoot (e.g., what Ware / Klingler ran at Houston). The NFL uses a lot of concepts from it, but NFL offenses generally have to be much more sophisticated and require the QB to make many more reads and longer throws. My argument is that Penix won't be able to transform his game and is successful only in the Air Raid. Hence, system QB.

• Can’t wait until this bullshit extra year of eligibility from 2020-21 is over and done. Tua’s bro is looking for a 6th year. C’mon. We don’t need 24 year olds taking the spots of 19 year olds.
  • No issue with a Monday night CFP. It even started at 7:30. What are you complaining about? They are not going to go head to head with the NFL so get real.
  • Still can’t believe they are putting a playoff game on Peacock, but I bet you’ll eventually see the Super Bowl as a pay per view event. Greedy bastards.
-Was Penix running the same system in Indiana? Nope. And he was a touching badass there too.

I keep seeing this like no one had seen Penix be a beast before this year. Well I lived 18 miles from IU campus for 5 months during his last season there and he was unstoppable there too, just the rest of his team was awful and he wasn’t ever on tv.

He beat Michigan while at IU, different Michigan team obviously but still did it.

The lack of awareness of this kid before this year is mind-blowing honestly.

-Left my headphones at home in my Fanny pack, both sets, might as well just go to the hydro massage and call it a day at PF today.

-Hitting Joseph-Beth with Madre before finishing the tatt sesh today at 2. Will be loading up on some more books, being that I’ve rolled through 3.5 since 1/1. Love going with her because she’s like, “Get ‘em all, idc.” 😃

-Getting my new workout log for the year too, always enjoy that and retiring the old one. Beginning of this year and the end of this year will look much different I expect.

-I didn’t have any reason to get up this morning but I’m always up early. I agree with anth though, put that shit on Saturday night. I don’t want to be up til midnight any night.

-also, whomever said PPV Super Bowls 😂, I guess I’ll never watch another unless the Packers are in it. I think a LOT of people would feel the same way and just say touch it I won’t watch.

I feel most people just watch because you’re supposed to or everyone else is so why not? I couldn’t give a good gd about the average SB game, TS.

You’ll either have abysmal sales or it’ll just be more SB party attendance and less people watching at their own house.

Either way it would be less money imo than the commercial money with a half a billion people watching.

Justin Fields stats:
  • QBR = 21st
  • Yards per Pass = 22nd
  • Completion Percentage = 29th
  • Passing Yards = 22nd
  • TDs = 20th
  • Pick Sixes = 4th
His rushing yards are down around 500 from last year too.

Fields is an average QB.

He out “athleted” everyone his whole life until the NFL. Happens all the time. Nothing wrong with it but that dude isn’t leading anyone to a SB, he’ll he hasn’t even played a playoff game.

Rogue, you ignorant slut. Penix's stats at IU were not that great. He had two injury shortened years where he beat up on non-conference teams making his stats look okay, but the other two full years his completion percentage was quite low.

Then he went to Washington to play another 2 years (6 total!!!). He was in a good system there, and he found some nice success.

But overall, dude is a good college QB. Backup in the pros.

Anyone who says strippers is a lying c*nt. Prostitutes. They paid women to sleep with underage kids. True Story. They can just shut the f*ck up about that banner. It was more than justified.
I mean, a lot of people forget that Tech University paid Jill Kelly and Chasey Lain*** to let Jesus Shuttlesworth smash during his OV. But they didn't have to vacate their season. A clear double standard exists...

***As an aside, if you didn't worship Jill Kelly and/or Chasey Lain in your formative years, you're probably gay.

Edit: Shoutout to @VernHatton52 for the correction.

Last edited:
I mean, a lot of people forget that Big State paid Jill Kelly and Chasey Lain*** to let Jesus Shuttlesworth smash during his OV. But they didn't have to vacate their season. A clear double standard exists...

***As an aside, if you didn't worship Jill Kelly and/or Chasey Lain in your formative years, you're probably gay.
That was Tech University that did that, not Big State, coached by Joey Knish.

Last edited:
Rogue, you ignorant slut. Penix's stats at IU were not that great. He had two injury shortened years where he beat up on non-conference teams making his stats look okay, but the other two full years his completion percentage was quite low.

Then he went to Washington to play another 2 years (6 total!!!). He was in a good system there, and he found some nice success.

But overall, dude is a good college QB. Backup in the pros.
Wayne, first of all, stop projecting.

Secondly, of course his stats weren’t great he was on Indi-touching-ana. You don’t think Levis would’ve had better stats playing for Georgia?

💙

• Haha
Reactions: WayneDougan
- Titans kind of out of the blue fired Vrabel. Yikes! Hopefully we have a plan because that seems like a bad decision overall.

- Again Penix was a timing thing and he was off against the best secondary and pass rush he saw all season. Word is out you can do the same thing to another QB that is very reliant on timing in Tua.

His guys were open all over the field and he missed them, period.

- Negative temps next week are not motivating me to do anything other than stick the fridge and hibernate around my gas fireplace.

Vrabel is an above average coach, but I agree it was time to move on. Sometimes it's just good to have a new voice in the locker room. He'll get another HC job quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT