ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a 50-something buddy who's a HUGE pro wrestling fan, and commented on my fb page a while back something along the lines of "I'm gonna come over there and suplex/DDT/pile drive/slap a camel clutch on ya," or some nonsense.

His post got blocked and he got a 1 week ban for threatening violence.

🤣

#Madness Shorts

-Nashville was a blast. Place is essentially a theme park, but was able to enjoy after a 5-6 year hiatus. Lass had only been once, so it was fun showing her around a bit.

All the bars are just insane. 5 stories, floors within floors. Just incredible structures, but the charm is just gone forever. Of course, it's been that way for a decade+ now, but it's just more and more every year. It's kinda like an alternate universe Bourbon St...fun for a day or two max, then it's GET ME OUT OF HERE.

-Assembly Food Hall, however, is just amazing. Broadway always lacked real food options....Food Court w/ 30 restaurants and bars, most of them outposts of local institutions. Incredible rooftop. Just a badass place.

-Shout out to Brady w/ the suite. Was fun raising hell with him, sucks we weren't able to enjoy the full weekend together...but, what a dude! Gal was cool as shit, nice work buddy.

-Rick Barnes jumped in our elevator Friday afternoon after taking his L...couldn't have been nicer. Chatted us up unprompted immediately, asked about our trip and who we played (lol). Just seems like a great dude, as is his reputation. As I left I gave him the wink and the gun and told him I'd always be a Wildcat.

-Ready to enjoy the Tournament. After Covid, and then last year's debacle...just win tomorrow and we'll go from there. Having some excitement & hope doesn't mean (for me, at least) I have some dumb illusions that we're gonna make a deep run.

-Rutgers has to be extra livid after watching that lame ass performance by Nevada last night. Also pretty wild that the 3/4 shot ASU hit to beat Zona to close the season is why they're in the tournament.

-I have less strong opinions on this tournament than I ever have, and really have none at all.

🍻 :basketball:

Last edited:
-Alright, positive vibes only. We're obviously due a good break in the tourney. Marcus be this year. One could say this team does better when they have better competition. The Hopkins dynamic should be plenty for that.

-Wayne is a fantastic poster. You guys are nuts. With all the watered down excessive posters these days, good schtick is appreciated.

-55, sun blazing, boys out on the diamond. Perfect. Mid 60s on deck after another cold ass weekend.

-GAMBOL

-Believe it was 2019 SECT when it finally felt like Nashville had lost the last bit of original character for the Bro-Country Mega Bars.

-Apps can't just be cool with notifications. Leave them on and it's 10x a day with pointless bs.

-I've enjoyed all 3 seasons of Jack Ryan. Good time killer show while working out.

-So there's a friendly wild goat down at Cumberland, huge hit with the kids, boats pull up and take pictures, feed him. Some f*cking scumbag redneck killed him over the winter. WTF is wrong with people?

Last edited:
-anyone have any experience with the medical alert devices for old folks? Looking to get something for the old man. I've looked at Gustin/Blue Owl...can't find anything. TIA.

-bracket submitted, sloot.
We got my old man Life Alert after my mom died 10 years ago as he was going to be living on his own. It is the one that can detect a fall and is functional anywhere, it is the best money we have spent on him. It has saved his life twice after he fell, hit his head and passed out.

Reactions: grantbob and rudd1
- After a couple months of slow work and in general getting to do whatever, someone has flipped the switch on me. 30 projects hit my desk this week that are go go go, yesterday isn’t fast enough.

Kind of got rusty at this work thing and my coworkers are just enjoying the shit out of me being rattled by it.

- Wife calls today thinking it’s the best time to get her lashes done again! You know while I’m distracted with the basketball tournament thingy……….and 7 kids!

K, bye bye

- I got Arky beating Kansas and Auburn beating Houston. Also have UK and Bama getting to the S16. That’s four teams from the only conference that I’ve seen play defense all year.

- Jalen Carter plead no contest to his role in racing etc then showed up to his pro day over weight and slow. If he falls to Chicago at 9 who wanted him at 1, I’ll laugh my as off at the accidental genius that organization just fell into.

Kid is a stud.

- At first the Cinci players leaving wasn’t a big deal, but losing that much quality is hard to replace too. It will be fun to see if they can balance future big money contracts and the rest of their roster.

- So hard not to come out betting every game but I do like the first 3 games lines.

WVU, Furman and Utah St

Bengals only lost 3 of 24, including ST, starters. Did they overpay for Smith? Better than what they have.

Hearing Don't Stop Believin more often than Family Tradition in bars means Nashville has jumped the shark. Next they'll ruin Gatlinburg with designer pancake houses. Don't take that from me.

Gimme hope Cats!

Reactions: jayroon and wcc31
I think there's something weird with CBS Sports page (like every year) because my mom's isn't showing upon my end (as bracket manager) either, but it shows "completed" on her end. Only time will tell!

Reactions: TriangleUKCat
I think there's something weird with CBS Sports page (like every year) because my mom's isn't showing upon my end (as bracket manager) either, but it shows "completed" on her end. Only time will tell!
You going to respond to my text about payment?

You going to respond to my text about payment?
I went to the text and realized I started to respond and must have gotten side tracked because it was just sitting there unsent.

And @MattsCats , I got your $10. Maybe it did get in? The bracket page is still acting weird. Desktop shows one thing, mobile app shows another. I'll update you later on once CBS can get their act together.

The Fightin Pittsnoggles of WVU runs an offense that is eerily similar to ours. The defense takes a couple things away and the whole thing bigs down.

- Was always blown away as a kid by the insane amount of teenage smoke from those countryass schools at the Sweet 16. Didn’t grow’m like that up in NKY.

- Rece Davis becoming a Dookie blowhard bitch has been my biggest sports media issue of the past few years. He’s awful.

- Rothstein is terrible and a complete cliche. There are a hundred of those up-easters with the same schtick.

- I’m about done with Nashville. Had a nice run. There’s a reason about half the casts of modern dating shows are from there now.

- Healthy as we’ve been. Good path. LFG.

Last edited:
I will say one thing about Nashville ---> I can't think of a bar scene that has a better girl/guy ratio. They probably outnumber men by a decent margin, which basically happens nowhere.
The new bathroom sitch is substantially better than waiting in line for 10 minutes to piss in a hole in a blood soaked cellar.

Charelston SC has a bunch of bachelorette parties, but definitely second to Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT