ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, chalk Bo Schembechler up as yet another victim of cancel culture. Turns out he did nothing more than knowingly cover up decades of sexual assault and rape, at UM, and now the virtue signaling libtards are coming after him hard.

What a shame.

His own son canceled him. Maybe not cover up molesters masquerading as doctors?

0syNBE_0PIhpXwj00

Rex was on the LeBatard podcast today, throwing Kentucky under the bus again. LeBatard absolutely HATES the south and pretty much every white person in it, so he was really pushing him when talking about how he “wasn’t allowed” to date Higg’s little sister growing up.

I don’t guess he threw “us” under the bus as much as Dan-o wanted him to as LeBatard kept leading him. It got to the point that Dan was insinuating that Rex’s Twitter account is a clever way to suck in us hillbillies with crazy videoed and then sneak in clever social commentary that us rubes just don’t fully understand.

Elitists, man. Rex’s story is compelling and all, but at some point Dan will realize that Rex isn’t exactly as brilliant as he once thought. And then what?

The story I always heard was Mark HATED Rex and either threatened him to stop dating Shawn or did whip his ass over it. I went to high school with the Higgs family. My wife went to Apollo when Rex was there.

I showed her that video with Le Batard. "He's still so full of shit and full of himself." That's my girl.

An even funnier thing than her tear drop tattoo and shirt is the sign above her that says:

STOP POOPING IN OUR PARKING LOT!

😂
I laughed so hard at this once I went back and looked I think I strained a scalene and now have a headache. Lost my breath laughing for 4-5 seconds at a time.

**** you.

Reactions: HUBER
Laying in bed, going down a video rabbit hole of folks eating exotic foods before bed...and get an emergency alert to shelter in place, there's an armed mad man on the prowl in my area.

Not feeling bad about bringing home a 21 year old bar customer from where I work and waxing her and sending her back home at all.
WWDT.

Been a while, quick hitters:

*I love the idea of a junior Brooks...at the 4, that is.

*Those Will Levis videos of him spinning the pill almost look doctored.

*Kids be who they be, my boy takes pride in teaching himself to build gravity boats and winning math awards. We had our first baseball game last weekend, literally the first ever live bat he gets a hit and drives in two runs. Gets another hit in the second game. In my excitement after I ask him "wasn't that awesome?!" and he responds "dad, I could have been swimming or fishing today and instead I was at the stupid baseball game, I just played to make you proud." Hit me in the chest why don't you?

<=== Is currently playing some dang good golf.

*Moving sucks, where did all this stuff come from?

*Bbdk used the word elegant in describing Memommie in his FB post and I can't think of a better one for her...even at 40+ in my backyard if she came wondering out to speak to me I was on my P's and Q's, not because of her judgment but because of my respect for her. RIP...and now I can't type anymore.

Last edited:
* FYI: the net worth of the top 1% was $11 million as of 2019.

click here

GYEROMAN is already there. Good luck to the rest of 'em.

* Big weekend plans next week in New York City.

My 5th running of The Great New York 100 Mile Running Exposition (TGNY100) along with several other close buds. Should wrap up around 10am, catch a shower and a nap, then onto Madison Square Garden for the Foo Fighters show.

(note: I can't name a single one of their songs, but this will greatly appease the lass)

* Short sleeve button down shirts. At 42 years old, that's a style I have just never really attempted to pull off. It's a terrible look 99% of the time.

* RIP to Meemommie, the GOAT Wodie Crew grandparent. 3 things I'll always remember about her......

- she had a 13-inch tube television exclusively for playing Tetris, which was hooked up and turned on 24/7/365, to the point the home page was burned into the tube
- no matter how drunken/rowdy/awful we were as guests, she always begged us to come back. An angel, and perhaps deaf.
- the notebook. She'd jot down notes on everyone she meet, so that even if years passed until she met them again, she'd be prepared to study up and have a conversation starter about their life/job/etc primed and ready to go. Man, the life lessons you learn from 80 year olds.

* Which one of you GYEROers is gonna start a Bourbon Chase team this year?

* Narrowly avoided having a root canal this week. Replacement filling that was put in a month ago was just aggravating my sinuses, which somehow caused pain along the lines of someone beating my face in with a baseball bat. Endo actually thinks this pain should just go away. So that's a solid $2k and lots of hassle I now get to avoid.

* Jacquez Jones = 😍 😍 😍

Mark Stoops just keeps getting better and better. 5-10 years ago, the only way we land a guy like this is if he was booted from his previous school over a rape allegation, or he would inevitably get kicked off the team and never play a down for us.

* 5 songs for a little Friday playlist, if you will....

1> Queen of My Double Wide Trailer -- Sammy Kershaw
2> Past the Point of Rescue -- Hal Ketchum
3> The Race is On -- Sawyer Brown
4> Queen of Memphis -- Confederate Railroad
5> Oh Lonesome Me -- The Kentucky Headhunters

* Well good news, Showkilla -- you're no longer the worst athlete in your entire family.

(/burn)

* Nick Castellanos is currently top 3 in all of MLB in about 7 different categories, having the breakout year of his career, on a team-friendly contract, and playing for a middling franchise. Kiss him goodbye. Just hope the Reds actually get a good return for once in my life when they unload a star performer.

* Congrats, Kentucky. It's June 11th and if you're fully vaccinated an in a room with other people who are also fully vaccinated and at least 2 weeks have passed since the final shot, you can now take off those masks if you prefer or leave them on if you'd like to do that as well but we do recommend that you continue to socially distance and ease back into normalcy don't just do it all at once even though the governor has eased covid restrictions remember we're all in this together and thanks to the sacrifice of millions of Kentuckians you've rallied together to help hold back this virus but the fight isn't over just yet we still have work to do yay go Kentucky woohooooooo!!!!!!

I heard on the news this morning that today was Andy's last COVID press conference so I went to see what the numbers have been recently. There's still about 200-300 cases a day and positivity rate around 2%. Maybe my math is wrong but doesn't that mean there are still 10000-15000 people still getting tested every single day? Why? How? Where are all of these unvaccinated people getting still tested every day?

Thanks for all the kind words -- I won't go on about it, as most here already summed it up perfectly. Having you fools down was one of her biggest joys in the later years.

Even though life/kids happened, and the auto-crew Eli weekends pretty much ceased, she would always ask if anyone was coming, and be saddened but understanding that you weren't. Every Thanksgiving/Christmas, she would bust out that Notebook and go down the list to ask me about every single one of you for updates on life, kids, etc just in case you were to pop in again.

If you asked 100 people who met or knew her to describe her, you'd get the same glowing answer from all 100, which is nearly impossible. She was truly something else, man. RIP

- The Foo Fighters aren’t going to change your life but they’re some damn fine rock&roll. You’ll recognize about 10 of their songs - Everlong having to be their classic.

- Speaking of, picked up tickets for my first post-COVID show - Counting Crows at PNC Pavilion in August. Not a bad seat there.

- Headed to Kings Island in a couple weeks for a work thing. Haven’t been in 25 years. Looking forward to it.

- Ruby’s tomorrow- the Collinsworth med-rare of course.

- Love that the Padres brought back the brown-and-gold.

- It’s official- Sturgill’s first bluegrass album last year is an all-timer for me. Could listen to it every day.

- Any of you metros ever gotten a pedicure?

- Strongs pizza and hosting the wife’s Bahamian family tonight who are in town. Always great seeing them.

- My daughter is loud, constantly “talking,” loves to laugh/party and seems to take meeting new people perfectly in stride. If you’d ask me, I’d guess the two things I’d hope for with her is an innate kindness and self-confidence. I think everything else can work out from there.

- In a way I think having a daughter is easier for a dad because you’re not coming in with any notion or expectation that she’s going to be exactly like you and like the things you like.

- This weather can get pumped.

- My wife is packing for this vacation as if we're not gonna be driving right past literally hundreds of Target/Walmart/Walgreens/CVS stores along the way. Easy, girl. We're not going to the moon.

- Had completely forgotten that Patrick Patterson was still in the league, and that Cousins was on the Clippers. Still won't root for the Clippers, obviously.

- Wish we could combine TNT's NBA play-by-play guys (Eagle, Harlan, Albert) with ESPN's analysts (Doris, JVG, and Hubie).

- That Utah team is a throwback. They've got a short rotation, a hulking big, clearly defined roles, etc. Super impressive that they've gone up 2-0 even without Conley. Really impressive job by that front office and Quin Snyder.

- Always enjoy seeing GYERO dads (and moms) in action on my feeds, but especially getting a kick out of watching Chad enjoy his little lass. The guy is just eating up being a #GirlDad, and I'm here for it.

- The Athletic really does put out some fascinating articles. SI has basically become an afterthought.

-My pops is in bad shape mentally and physically went down hill fast the past two years. Seeing your pops so ready to go takes it’s toll. After 60 years, UK football games now make him too nervous to watch.

- K Fund came through with 4 Loge Level seats. I’ll have a week where we don’t come up and a few GYEROMEN can hold it down. My son is 100% UK sports 24/7. Looks like he’s headed to UK after next year. So I guess the circle of life with those two.

-NBA is tough to watch with every call being debated by the player who just hacked the sh*t out of somebody. STFU, play.

-Masks are pretty simple at this point. We ALL have had our chance for the vax juice. Don’t want it? That’s your right. But the rest of us aren’t protecting you anymore. F the mask.

-Have a customer flying in from Maine to sell us a Pokémon’ card. Never thought I would see that in my lifetime.

Last edited:
One of the coolest things about the Playoffs are these home teams who haven't tasted (taste) it in awhile.

There are lots of great home crowds in the NBA, but there is just something different about those that meet the above criteria: NYC & Phoenix, for example.

The 'sound' is just different in those instances -- it's so damn loud, but there is this extra something you can feel with it...like a mix of hunger, desperation & nervous excitement.

That Phoenix crowd is just absolutely bonkers -- just listen to this. #chills

IT'S A FOUL!

The NBA is the only league where you pretty much know at the very beginning of the season who is going to win the championship, but this year is totally different -- and not because it's a "down" year, but because there are so many good/deep/balanced teams. Utah or Phoenix may win this thing, for god's sake. That's awesome.

Ok, a few more...

*Some argue that we shouldn't play the anthem at games, and whatever, but if the one at the The Coliseum didn't get to you then I don't know what to say.

*Raiders of the Lost Ark pod from the Rewatchables...I don't know how old I was when I first watched it but I'm fairly certain I was around my twin's age (7). They wouldn't sleep for days watching people's faces melt from looking at ghosts, I don't think we gave it a second thought back then.

*Nateland is pretty good if you are into longform podcasts.

*Going to Pinehurst this summer for a 4 day trip, ready to be humbled.

*Any team but the Nets is fine with me.

Now I'm done.

-Gotta say, spent T-Fr ridding myself of right wing conspiracies🤪, and being genuinely nice to my best buds SAE/WCC. Chad was welcoming, SAE not at first, but I saw that MFP like on my 61 minutes of Aerobic Activity. They boys are back. Going to keep it going. Like those two too much to worry about silly irritating nonsense. ✊ Differing opinions are great for all of us and mostly best kept to ourselves.

-Foo Fighters put on a helluva show. Last one in Lex was a makeup for a last second band cancel. Dave's mom was sick. 80 and I ran over at the last second and they played for like 3 hours straight because they felt bad. Dave even spending time on the drums. It was awesome. I'd expect these first round of post covid concerts are going to be all-timers.

-NYC planning a banner concert in Central Park to kick off life after covid? Now that's the NYC I know and love and exactly what we need.

-Brooks needs a Nick Richards year. Injuries kept him off the Washington trajectory but his too skilled to not take over. Seems to have the leadership gene as well. Feeling really good about this team.

-We all just need to commit to Eli for '22. The old school crew. Lee open up the cabin on Thursday. Write it in.

-Middleclassfancy stil brings the heat. Favorite follow on the webs.

Last edited:
The rumored addition of PJ Washington's dad to the UK staff as some kind of Player Support Coach would be a brilliant move by Cal. Former player's dad, a player who stayed longer than expected, a guy who can be a father figure to these guys away from home, and help with player retention....I don't see a single downside.

-We all just need to commit to Eli for '22. The old school crew. Lee open up the cabin on Thursday. Write it in.
Would love to have you all again...but the vet move would be to forget about Thursday and take Monday (or half of) off and stay for the Sunday leaders to finish.

You want to do the cabin, let's get the boys together (young and old) and have a fishing weekend.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT