ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, no.

The average CBB team commits 18 fouls per game. #1 was Manhattan, at 22.4 per game. Out of an available 50 or 60. So, the refs already have 30 or so more fouls per game, for each team, "going to waste"
It's not so much about fouls going to waste, it's that if I'm a star player and I have two fouls, I can't be as aggressive on defense as I was before. Now, I can I still be as aggressive and pick up an extra foul before I need to be concerned. If they combined this with a rule that said you get a single free throw (for two points) on a foul, I'd be all in.

Last edited:
I respect the flag stick move. Fella was losing the fight. He could have:

a) taken the L
b) hit the guy with a golf club and gotten a felony
c) pulled out the flag and smack him with the non-dangerous end

Now he's not going to be the guy who got his ass kicked on the golf course, he's the guy who hit somebody with a flag stick. Better choice.

Let's just say you knew a guy who grew up in Lexington, was a "lifelong Kentucky fan," then suddenly and for no apparent reason switched allegiances and became a diehard "UNC fan."

Describe the manners in which you would impale, beat, pummel, strangle, and debilitate him with a golf course flagstick.

Hickman will be our starting PG next year and he will be just fine. Get a Mason Faulkner type to back him up and Miller for extra shooting and we're good to go. I'm assuming Mintz and Brooks don't return.

Good lord:

- Today, SO FAR, GYERO has featured a "site see," "8 quarters," and now "amature." What a time to be alive.

Are you a teacher on the side when not lawyering ? Somebody who reads post for mistakes instead of content, shew. EVERYBODY will make a mistake, even you Mrs. Hand. Site / sight, WGAF.

Ole boy wanted none of that smoke, the flag stick did not even help him, he was just trying to keep the even fatter dude from doing serious damage. He managed to keep him at bay and limited the damage inflicted, but he did not improve his position.

For someone who responds and tells posters they are insecure, Rogue sure does get defensive in his rebuttals, lighten up Francis and go to the pool and get "pool pumped" by Blondie your male "buddy".
I even said "if I retired and lived there permanent", I would not go to a softball game. And the convertible renting jab, maybe, just maybe I would NOT just stay on the little island, I am sure others parts down there has some interesting things to do / see. I guess nobody drives convertibles EXCEPT for tourist in a hot, sunny, beach location. Guess people in Michigan would fit in better driving one, definitely not a sunny destination car to drive. I bet car manufacturers hate the Keys area because locals do not purchase convertibles. If only convertibles was more practical in tropical climates, them car manufacturers would make a GD killing.

Maybe less fouls, say maybe four, would keep the hackers from fouling so much? If a player is foul prone, giving him extry fouls will only make him, well be more aggressive and foul more. In Jackson's situation, instead of playing 10 minutes in the first half after getting his second, he would be able to play 13 or so before getting his third. He is a fouling machine, not the refs fault. The end of close games with everyone having a bonus foul (looking at you BIG conference), shit, might as well start the second game following them start an hour later.

*DGAF if there are some grammar mistakes.

Hickman will be our starting PG next year and he will be just fine.

I truly wish I shared your enthusiasm, but he's a 30/40th-ranked player, and a 4-star freshman. There's absolutely nothing that would suggest he will be "just fine."

Not if you're still holding Kentucky basketball to our usual standards, anyways.

Saying I'm doing well no specifics, just talking about its fine and I hope you guys are still doing well. Then I often find myself wondering whether that is truly better, feeding people lies. Pesonally I'd want the truth, and it wouldn't affect me that much, but my experience says people want lies. In fact in all my life people who don't prefer lies are a rarity. And people who don't prefer lies, most of them probably still do. honestly I hate society it feels so empty, its just that everyone wants to view the world so black and white. Always take things so literally, never ever doubting. And those who do doubt never do anything else, never free themselves from words. Black and white. adding a few more colors sometimes is just so depressing, so many colors lost. Even "smart" people always have a black and white approach to things. It's so sad and frustrating. People are always so fixated on statistics. Think they can fix the world, think that there needs to be heavy morals. No one ever questioning their current logic current believes. Being so self sure. Even those who claim they don't, or should I say especially those that claim they don't. I wonder I hope I find myself curious, but only abou what is going to happen, I know I won't be alive for when any of that happens. something 200 years into the future, none of us will be alive. I know there is a good chance I'll never be happy with the way the world is, I know I don't really care about living or life. I still do, out of obligation, out of the simple fact that I'd achieve nothing by dying, and living there is at least a hope. Out of the simple fact that pain doesn't really matter, even if I suffer for the rest of my life, so what? There is still a chance I might find something of true interest Keion Brooks. And while alive my senses still direct me, some people say dying is easy, well living is just as easy. Its just dying is tempting, so tempting because living and dying if you don't really care which one you do, and there is only 2 options, well of course both will be tempting, and I already lived. So dying I haven't tried. In the end I feel like when people tell people not to suicide, they achieve nothing. Those people still feel the same, and it doesn't really matter why. Its not that important yet everyone always makes such a big fuss out about it. Its become a social thing, its like racism in many ways. Its a social mindset that is forbidden to question as long as you reside in a group of that mindset. If you lived in a world filled with racists, you can't say racism is bad, well you can but no one would agree, you'd be laughed at scoffed at. Unless you could find someway to convince people, that they are being silly and what they are doing is simply paranoia. Its overreacting, and is on a longerterm plan unhealthy and it doesn't really fix anything. I kinda feel like most social ideas are like that, stupid but no one questions them. Not because they don't want to, but because they are scarred of being looked upon strangely and don't really see anything they would achieve. The future is hard to predict on Isaiah Jackson and Mintz. So doing something that isn't normally done, is not normally done. For a multitude of reasons, I feel like we're every bit as big a failure as ever, and i feel like I'm the greatest failure among us. I know this is a mindset I don't want, I know it came because i have never truly been happy, I know it came from immature fear. And I know I can't get rid of it easily. Its a self devouring notion, I have always hated it and the reals know what i'm talbout. But that part of me hating it, is the same part I hate. I'm so stressed so confused why is nothing I do working why do I not get any further or make any progress. But in truth all I ever do is make progress I'm just never satisfied with it. But I don't know how to make myself satisfied with it. Its frustrating, but even that, I'm probably making progress with. What I'm not satisfied with is probably just how long it will take or could take to ever solve it for real, to a point I'd be satisfied with in the future when I reach it.. Perhaps even longer than life Because I'd need to stop increasing my expectations as I get closer to them.

I truly wish I shared your enthusiasm, but he's a 30/40th-ranked player, and a 4-star freshman. There's absolutely nothing that would suggest he will be "just fine."

Not if you're still holding Kentucky basketball to our usual standards, anyways.
Have you watched him play?

Why does an official need to be for or against 6 fouls? I don't need your opinion, dbag. Your job is to call the game only. Like the judicial branch; you don't make the laws, you merely need to be impartial and provide consistent ruling.

Grief.

4 quarters (reset the penalty), 6 fouls, freedom of movement, and it's an effing a block every time there is ANY lingering doubt whatsoever. Not that hard, people.

Oh, and stop knee jerking to double technical fouls anytime there is an altercation just because they're amateurs and you don't feel like picking on a kid.

From the "Official Steph Curry is the GOAT" thread:

The thread title needs to be changed. Curry isn't and never will be, even IN the GOAT conversation.

He may go down as the greatest shooter of all time, sure. But we all know Golden State is facing a wealth redistribution. It will be interesting to see if he's ever stuck on a middling team where he actually has to do more than iso a bit and then shoot jumpers.

Interesting way to describe Curry's game. Courtesy of LineSkiCat14. He should be banned, IMHO.

I don't know anything about Hickman but we got fed all summer on just how big of a dawg Askew was and that he was "built different" then fast forward to be me being completely livid watching him pick up his dribble two steps past half court under pressure and not really getting any better as the season went.

So unless Mintz is running the point next year, I'm going to be pretty gd skeptical with our pg play until proven otherwise.

Happy 80th to Pete!

7fe428cb7378bc7c852ca0ecd12c41aa--pete-rose-baseball-photos.jpg

Are you a teacher on the side when not lawyering ? Somebody who reads post for mistakes instead of content, shew. EVERYBODY will make a mistake, even you Mrs. Hand. Site / sight, WGAF.

Ole boy wanted none of that smoke, the flag stick did not even help him, he was just trying to keep the even fatter dude from doing serious damage. He managed to keep him at bay and limited the damage inflicted, but he did not improve his position.

For someone who responds and tells posters they are insecure, Rogue sure does get defensive in his rebuttals, lighten up Francis and go to the pool and get "pool pumped" by Blondie your male "buddy".
I even said "if I retired and lived there permanent", I would not go to a softball game. And the convertible renting jab, maybe, just maybe I would NOT just stay on the little island, I am sure others parts down there has some interesting things to do / see. I guess nobody drives convertibles EXCEPT for tourist in a hot, sunny, beach location. Guess people in Michigan would fit in better driving one, definitely not a sunny destination car to drive. I bet car manufacturers hate the Keys area because locals do not purchase convertibles. If only convertibles was more practical in tropical climates, them car manufacturers would make a GD killing.

Maybe less fouls, say maybe four, would keep the hackers from fouling so much? If a player is foul prone, giving him extry fouls will only make him, well be more aggressive and foul more. In Jackson's situation, instead of playing 10 minutes in the first half after getting his second, he would be able to play 13 or so before getting his third. He is a fouling machine, not the refs fault. The end of close games with everyone having a bonus foul (looking at you BIG conference), shit, might as well start the second game following them start an hour later.

Not defensive bubby, just telling you what the deal is. Been down here almost a decade. But I’m sure you know how to do daily life down here better. Just stfu and enjoy the ride I’m taking you on.

It’s starting to look like our only PG’s next year will be two 4* freshmen from the west coast.

The world would have been better off if your dad had just jerked off on a rock for the ants to eat.

At this point you hope one of these young guys is more SGA than Asskew. The only other option is to hope Mintz is a go, you run four shooters (Mintz, Grady, Allen and some yet to be named transfer) and Oscar and hope for the best.

Reactions: Col. Angus
Hey guys no worries my buddy Vern says we’re looking great at PG next year. Our backcourt is just fine Go Cats!!!!!!
It's true. Hickman won't be as good as SGA but he'll be better than Hagans. He has size. He's strong. He can penetrate and finish or dish. He has a nice Quickley-esque floater in the lane. He can knock down a 3 off the dribble, step back, pull up or set shot. He'll be surrounded by veterans who will make things easy for him. He's perfect for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT