ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, the world has been turned upside down the past 3 months. And the only live sports we have to watch are NASCAR and cornhole.
Yeah. Love to know exactly what we should be talking about? It's June and we haven't had sports in like 100 days with at least another month or so before we get any of the major sports back. We also missed the NCAAT which drives discussion around here for months in the off season.

Cornhole is still a thing? I was tired of that ish almost 20 yrs ago.

But not before my boy showed nocta and Anth what was up.

Yeah. Love to know exactly what we should be talking about? It's June and we haven't had sports in like 100 days with at least another month or so before we get any of the major sports back. We also missed the NCAAT which drives discussion around here for months in the off season.

A major sport starts in 2 days w/ the 5 best in the world and 16 of the top 20.

Let’s talk about how every CGI-heavy movie nowadays (Aladdin, Justice League) feels “off” because every scene is lit for overcast, diffuse lighting conditions to easily match the artificial lighting of the human performances on the green screen set with the fake backgrounds.

Aladdin takes place in the desert, but there is a nary a harsh, contrasting shadow to be seen except for that one desert scene approaching the town. Oh, OK. They just happen to parade into this desert metropolis and it’s overcast that day, sure.

Justice League it’s always 5:47pm and overcast just before a thunderstorm. Sure thing, Zack!

Hindsight is always 20/20! We still have no idea how to deal with a disease that has definitely killed more people than the common flu in less than a year. So the blame game will continue as long as we have politicians that still act like they’re in high school and it being an election year. Add in the fact we’re spoiled, fat, lazy and think we’re better than everyone else and you’ve basically have Rome in its final years. Leaders completely out of touch with the common person that have no comprehension of real day to day life.
But hey, the virus is a scam, we don’t need police, markets rolling, the rich got richer, 1 in 4 aren’t working, race riots and its only June! C’mon hurricanes, tornadoes and anything else we can add to this shit show we have now!
Life....you gotta love it.

Looking to buy a new set of irons, or maybe just buy a few individual irons to go with what I have now (I’m a sorta poor and not very good at golf). Is there a good resource for me to browse or should I just go into Dick’s and go from there? What clubs are best for a guy that is very inconsistent?

/nochase

briscoe.jpg

Isaiah Briscoe is the new owner of La Placita Bodega in his hometown of Newark, New Jersey.

Briscoe announced the news on Instagram Tuesday with pictures of himself in front of his new business.

“We used to fight for building blocks! Now we fight for blocks with buildings that make a killin…,” Briscoe wrote on Instagram. “I am officially the owner of La Placita Bodega in Newark, New Jersey, located on 6-16 Norfolk St. Expect big things in the future, the best is yet to come.”

Looking to buy a new set of irons, or maybe just buy a few individual irons to go with what I have now (I’m a sorta poor and not very good at golf). Is there a good resource for me to browse or should I just go into Dick’s and go from there? What clubs are best for a guy that is very inconsistent?

/nochase

Shopped for a new set of irons as a graduation present for my son 2 weeks ago. Bought Callaway Mavrik irons. Apparently those are the best-selling irons right now and are forgiving and helpful to beginning golfers / those who aren't very good (which applies to both my son and to me).

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
I bought a complete set of Ping Zing 2's on ebay (green dot), and they looked like they'd never been used.

135 dollars, and they're great clubs.

Shopped for a new set of irons as a graduation present for my son 2 weeks ago. Bought Callaway Mavrik irons. Apparently those are the best-selling irons right now and are forgiving and helpful to beginning golfers / those who aren't very good (which applies to both my son and to me).
He said he was a poor. Those suckers are fairly expensive.

I do know a guy who won a set trying to get rid of them for 650 (friend price).

/nochase
I have a cheap set of custom “clone clubs” from GigaGolf that I bought I moved back here. They were lightyears ahead of what I was using from the late 90’s. I am a bogey golfer but got down to an 8 with them one summer.

I entered all of my body measurements and how far I usually hit various clubs and they made them to order. You have to not care about appearances at the first tee, but then you can have a lot of fun smoking hacks with 10x the investment in their bag.

(I only play a couple times per year at this point and will get “real” clubs when my oldest starts playing and I can get out more.)

Reactions: cat_chaser
I have a cheap set of custom “clone clubs” from GigaGolf that I bought I moved back here. They were lightyears ahead of what I was using from the late 90’s. I am a bogey golfer but got down to an 8 with them one summer.

I entered all of my body measurements and how far I usually hit various clubs and they made them to order. You have to not care about appearances at the first tee, but then you can have a lot of fun smoking hacks with 10x the investment in their bag.

(I only play a couple times per year at this point and will get “real” clubs when my oldest starts playing and I can get out more.)
That’s more up his alley, Joey.

Reactions: Joey Rupption
My girth is also like seriously huge.

On a serious note, great time for those in sign language arts. You can take all my years on earth till I die and that total will not equal the number of sign linguists I’ve seen in 2020. Most of em are fat, too.

Reactions: cole854
I bought a complete set of Ping Zing 2's on ebay (green dot), and they looked like they'd never been used.

135 dollars, and they're great clubs.

My dad did something like this one time for my younger brother's clubs. Got a great set of used clubs that were on the cheap. Unfortunately, my brother reminded my dad after he bought the clubs that he was left-handed and those are right-handed clubs. My dad assessed the situation for a moment and told my brother to learn how to play right-handed. So he did, and he sucks to this day.

Some folks might think right now might not be the best time for a couple of southern institutions to come out publicly against letting mostly AA athletes who make millions for said institutions make some money off their very likeness.

The ADs of Duke and UNC are not some folks.

Well, UNC did create an imaginary African-American Studies program so it's not like this is completely out of left field for them.

Reactions: Col. Angus
briscoe.jpg

Isaiah Briscoe is the new owner of La Placita Bodega in his hometown of Newark, New Jersey.

Briscoe announced the news on Instagram Tuesday with pictures of himself in front of his new business.

“We used to fight for building blocks! Now we fight for blocks with buildings that make a killin…,” Briscoe wrote on Instagram. “I am officially the owner of La Placita Bodega in Newark, New Jersey, located on 6-16 Norfolk St. Expect big things in the future, the best is yet to come.”

Then this guy came looking for back pay on protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT