ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
My weariness is going to be the freaking out of college football players returning to campus and testing positive for the Rona. It is going to happen. I feel pretty good that the universities have a plan. This isn't March anymore.
An Oklahoma State player already returned with the Rona after leaving to attend the protests.

Reactions: WayneDougan
How does the Four Roses Small Batch Select (just bought one) compare with Four Roses Single Barrel?

JMO but it's apples to oranges, in a way.

Four Roses has two mashbills that they interchange with 5 different yeast strains to create 10 diff recipes. (5 x 2 = 10).

The Select is a souped up version of the regular small batch. Both small batches mix 4-6 of the same strain recipes in their batches. Small batches are more consistent in taste versus single barrels. Diff between the standard small batch vs Select is different recipes in their mix. Select is also higher proof and around double the cost. I like both but I'm a higher proof guy and Select is more complex to me.

The standard single barrel bottle is always OBSV so it's only 1 recipe. The barrel strength single bottle 'picks' that you might see occasionally with the cute labels -- are where it really gets fun with the flavor profiles and ABV. Those aren't limited to OBSV, either.

- All Jim Beam questions need to be directed to Booker Noe (obvs). He knows the history of the industry better but his palate is shit.

- WE NEED TO DO A GYERO BARREL PICK SOON.

Last edited:
Sorry about your dad cricket, sending positive vibes.

Is there room service in the Wild, Anth?

Have never cared for Mingue jerky, too salty and shoe leather like.

Total Wine Hamburg removed all their “empensive” bottles from the glass cases today out of “fear of looters.”

Fun round at Greenbrier with bartender Mike. We’re on 17, Mike smokes a 300 yd drive, and as he’s lining up his second shot from 250 the Pro comes
by to just check and make sure we are members. Start chit chatting about how we can’t seem to get off the green, anyway Mike hits the pin in the air with a 3 wood. Pro laughs and drives off.

Playing with the food processor now, time for some home made salsa, Mexican rub chicken thighs, and grilled peppers.

Cheers.

Some dork filming other dorks cleaning a building definitely made me as irate as watching a guy slowly die for 8 minutes, good call.

Can we just turn off the internet for 5 days and everyone just take a break?

OTOH, the “dorks” cleaning up a federal building are good citizens of the US whereas George was a convicted armed robber hopped up on meth and fentanyl passing counterfeit bills.

And allow me to double down, that son of a bitch stuck a gun in a woman’s stomach and robbed her. People are now getting cancelled for saying “All Lives Matter”.

*The protests will last as long as these crackers keep racking up, "likes." Once those start going down, the cause for them is ova.

*White guilt. I pray to sweet baby Jesus I don't know anyone that falls for this garbage.

If you hate being white, identify differently. Think of yourself as Mexican, Black, Chinese, whatever. If there aren't genders there should not be races you simple minded barbarians.

[laughing]

Can only imagine what prompted that...

It wasn’t really being members as much as we were who was scheduled for the tee time. With the requirements for single cart use, they’ve blocked out the middle of the day to recharge carts, and I guess people have been just jumping in as the course has been crowded and tee times hard to get.

Maybe I'm just very jaded but that video of the women being harrassed for cleaning the graffiti off the courthouse screams "staged" to me.

Perhaps, but this is the ultimate staged moment from the protest. I especially love her “good job guys, BLM!” At the end. [roll]

Reactions: WynnDuffy
K-Gar hoping to get noticed with his virtue signaling? Maybe Meyer, Wolken, or countless others will take notice and hand out a couple of likes.

Maybe I'm just very jaded but that video of the women being harrassed for cleaning the graffiti off the courthouse screams "staged" to me.

Absolutely, total troll act. Ready with the video and all. She was just waiting for the women cleaning the building to have a WTF reaction (which would have been reasonable) so she could post it to her platforms and watch it go viral.

Kudos to those women for keeping their cool and not taking the bait.

Instagram really will spell the end of the republic.

K-Gar hoping to get noticed with his virtue signaling? Maybe Meyer, Wolken, or countless others will take notice and hand out a couple of likes.

Bernie trying to get noticed on the CatsPause? Maybe countless others will take notice and hand out a couple of likes?

Just like I knew you’d run here and post something to get those likes. No need for the welcome back tho cause it’s short lived, time to change some things in my life and this board has too many insufferable, miserable people just dying to drag everyone around them into the mud with them.

I really like a lot of folks on here, but goddamn the core has rot into a mashup of the old political board and the old Rupps Rafters.

for those that think I’m talking to you... I am. So Congrats! as I’m sure you’ll count this as one of your “cool points on the Internet message board wins”, but believe me when I say it’s an exponential win for me. K.

Reactions: wcc31
KG, it isn't that serious, man. You posted something on Twitter I disagreed with and we had a back and forth. Should I have left it on twitter? Yes. That's my bad. The problem with social media/text/email is you can't see intent. I was absolutely kidding when I called you K. Wolken. I hate that guy, you I do not.

We agree on a whole lot more than we disagree. Don't let that small % of disagreement guide your decisions. We are all friends here even when there's heated arguments on the most sensitive subjects of the day. No thought purity tests here.

Is it ok to believe that there needs to be peaceful protests, blacks in general are unfairly targeted by police officers and there’s serious systematic issues with society that handicap our overall black population while also wishing Dan Wolken immerses himself in one of these protests and gets his ass royally beaten?

Because that’s where I am. Happy Friday.

KG, it isn't that serious, man. You posted something on Twitter I disagreed with and we had a back and forth. Should I have left it on twitter? Yes. That's my bad. The problem with social media/text/email is you can't see intent. I was absolutely kidding when I called you K. Wolken. I hate that guy, you I do not.

We agree on a whole lot more than we disagree. Don't let that small % of disagreement guide your decisions. We are all friends here even when there's heated arguments on the most sensitive subjects of the day. No thought purity tests here.

I appreciate this reply sir and echo it ... at the end of the day, I just wanna get along with my Wildcat Friends.

Reactions: BernieSadori
Is “virtue signaling” the new buzz word on Fox this week or something? How the hell do you know who’s being sincere or who isn’t?

And BLM and all these other hyper lib movements would probably be more successful without the high-horse shit. Who wants to be talked down to by a 22-year-old?

That said, the best thing anti-racism has going for it is this young generation. Going to take some time but it’s a really good thing how accepting millennials and Gen Zers (I think that’s it) are. Keep eroding away with time, I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT