ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just before our last possession in the first half, I changed from my last season new UK football shirt into my years old well worn UK football shirt. Right away we scored.

Then we won. [banana]

You are all welcome.

Sleep well Wildcat friends.

Reactions: Wodie Sloot
Next weekend will be a tough row to hoe, obviously. So, that makes this Missouri game loom awfully large. Difference between 3-5 and 4-4 is a big one.

Crisp fall weather. Sunshine. Bourbon. Cold beer. Horse racing. Cats W at Commonwealth.

Fine October Saturday in Kentucky.
giphy.gif

Really wish we could magically put Georgia at the end of the season, instead of next weekend. They’re the only team standing between us and the easiest part of our schedule, and I’d hate to lose the Mo from last nights win. Oh well.

* Turns on NFL pregame show for first time in years
* “I know we said that Lamar Jackson / Patrick Mahomes is the next Brady / Manning rivalry, but actually isn’t DeShaun Watson / Patrick Mahomes really the next Brady / Manning rivalry?” “Oh absolutely!”
* Turns off NFL pregame show

Reactions: jayroon
Evan Daniels just logged a Crystal Ball pick for UK with Cade Cunningham. :scream:
He's been hinting that UK was a major factor for a few weeks. Sounds like skipping the USA event for a visit may have sealed the deal. Cal seems to be pitching him on the Wall treatment as the face of the program for the next 10 years.

Last edited:
If we actually get him away from a program that hired his brother (and best friend) as an assistant, that's a first and pretty damn impressive. If it happens and this class holds I can't even imagine. This would be the highest expectations since at least 2017 and maybe back to the '15 squad. You could very easily be looking at...

Cunningham
Askew
Boston
Clarke

...and probably another elite recruit, and whoever stays back from this group. That's preseason #1 and it's not close. Doesn't hurt that a lot of the top recruits next year are committed to weird places like Auburn and USC. Not a lot of room for another school to pull a monster class.

John seems to have gotten a recruiting second wind, or at least maybe changed his strategy to a more aggressive one - commit now or get left in the dust.

At the end of the day, I like Kentucky's chances competing head to head against Oklahoma State for a basketball player, regardless of the lengths they go to get the guy.

John seems to have gotten a recruiting second wind, or at least maybe changed his strategy to a more aggressive one - commit now or get left in the dust.

At the end of the day, I like Kentucky's chances competing head to head against Oklahoma State for a basketball player, regardless of the lengths they go to get the guy.

Or since the FBI got involved, some of the chicanery has been cleaned up, opening the door for the best recruiter of all-time to do his thing.

We're not the favorites for Barnes and Kuminga is a spring decision.

We pull Cunningham and he'll bring guys with him. For all those wanting more skill guys than freak athletes will adore this kid. Especially with Askew back there with him.

Brown’s dad said they were calling Cunningham as soon as they get back from Team USA tonight to hear all about the UK visit. Said it would definitely make a difference in his decision!
Barnes said the same thing and we now lead for Kuminga who also wants to play with Cunningham.

Reactions: jayroon
Brown’s dad said they were calling Cunningham as soon as they get back from Team USA tonight to hear all about the UK visit. Said it would definitely make a difference in his decision!
Barnes said the same thing and we now lead for Kuminga who also wants to play with Cunningham.
Yeah, we're recruiting all of them but I haven't seen anything that suggests we lead or, "they will join them as well."

But yeah, I'd love to grab Kuminga, Branchero, Barnes, Cunningham, Brown and Askew to go along with the current recruits. :rolleyes:

First ever entire team of freshman.

^ Pilgrim and Daniels are the ones putting the info out there. I’m just trying to figure out where and which class HOFCJVC is planning to put them all.

Based entirely on this highlight video, Scottie Barnes looks like someone cloned PJ Washington. So I'll take him.

-What a damn weekend. Just all around good vibes.

-Talked WS into staying home for BBM, blessed. Little za and watching G pretend to be the players from the comfort of the patio.

-Crushed a workout with Bonz on Sat morning to set the tone of the day.

-WCC arrives and he pours us 2 proseccos in our finest champagne flutes. Which greatly amused me.

-Tailgate was a hoot, Italian Beef was :fire:. It's substantially better than Al's btw. Not even close. Porcetta, I nailed the meat but not pleased with the seasoning bc the garlic overpowered everything. Not too difficult so I'll give it another go. Got a few ideas.

-Sat with Geese during the game, he's way more dialed back at football games.

-Props to UK for finally getting something right, they crushed all the J-Lo stuff. Amazing. Hard to not get misty during MOKH with all his highlights playing. Shew. :cry:

-Felt like if we could score before 1/2 the game was ours and glad to see the team come out and continue to fight. Felt like at times they wanted to just lay down like we saw in USC and State.

-So happy for Bowden, kid is a great story and taken a ton of heat this year. Really attempting to change his trajectory as a person and father. Great stuff, all time performance on the night we celebrate an all time great. I love it.

-That said we need healthy Smith back to beat Mizzou, UT and UL.

-Tony Barbee on the lead for Cade, btw.

I'm drooling over Cunningham. 6-7 slow(ish) twitch multi-tool PG with off the charts IQ. He different. Lock him( or Kuminga) down and I really don't care what we get after that.

-Not sure how good we're going to be in round ball but with Hagans, Quick, and Maxey back there I'm pretty damn confident. What a trio.

- Another big day at Keeneland for horse dad.

- Had a group of Arkansas fans in the box next to us. Felt dirty helping them win a little, but also felt it was good karma. They were a cool group and were blown away at the beauty of the track/area.

- Biggest performance of the night at Kroger Field: The trio of guys that snuck in shoulder coolers full of Miller Lite and Bud Light in section 14. They were kings of kings to the mass of envious people watching in awe of them sucking down crispie boys all night long. Guess a huge jacket and a lazy person at the gate not paying attention is crucial.

- Speaking of fans, big fan of the one dude in 18 or 19 that is always cootie brown drunk and then passes out around mid-3rd quarter. Think I've seen it three times.

- Apparently bought the last Papa J's pizza in stadium (at least that area) with a long line of obnoxious Hog fans talking shit behind me. Almost sold it for $50 to them but decided to let them starve. Karma was already on my side.

- First batch of chili yesterday. To me, brown sugar and beer are clutch ingredients. Leftovers in the office fridge.

- El Camino on Netflix. If you had never watched Breaking Bad, you'd be lost. Watched the first hour last night; saving the other for tonight. It's awesome to see the old crew, but it's SLOOOOOOOW so far. Todd looks like he ate Hank. Looks to be 30-40lbs heavier.

- 2020 class....Christ if so...:eyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT