ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, have teared up a couple times the last few days about Marty retiring. Can’t tell you how many pitches I’ve heard him call. My entire life, my dad’s nightly summer routine was piddling around out in the yard with 700 WLW up real loud. Any car trip- the same. April through September- in the race or 30 games out. One more example of my mother being a saint. The Reds on the radio is a constant in dad’s world and that’s no exaggeration.

Reminds me of when I loved the Reds and baseball overall as much as Kentucky basketball. UK hasn’t risen in my life so much as baseball has fallen. I miss it.

Maybe I’ll have a hardball-loving son like BRax or 73 and it will re-emerge.

Anyway, Reds fan or not, there are few things like a town’s relationship with the voice of its ball team. UK fans know that better than anyone. Who’d have thought the Reds would swap Al Michaels and come out with the better end of the deal for the next 46 years. I’ve never known the Reds without him.

I probably drink a couple gallons of chocolate milk per week and that includes putting it in cereal.

Another vote for Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Also, the last bowl of Frosted Flakes where the sugar has gone to the bottom.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I actually grew up anti-Marty because my great uncle allegedly had an altercation with him in the parking lot of a west side Gold Star Chili in the late 70’s.

Didn’t stop dad/uncles etc from listening to the games, of course, but it always gave them justification to slip in a, “You know he’s a cocksucker, right?” (and then repeat story for millionth time) at some point during any broadcast.

Dr. X got the inside information on the secret concert at Kroger Field getting announced?

So Luke Combs is definitely playing at the Opera House the night before the Kroger Field announcement. I'm going to guess it's him.

That’s my current crystal ball.

Chad is mean. Maybe you should think about what you’ve done. I’ll pray for you.

Pti tells stories like Adam Schiff. What a dork.

LED Zepplin BJS show coming back to opera house. Such an unreal show.

Reactions: Hankshaker
Dr. X got the inside information on the secret concert at Kroger Field getting announced?

So Luke Combs is definitely playing at the Opera House the night before the Kroger Field announcement. I'm going to guess it's him.

I made fun of Boat for suggesting it with the “7 number one hits,” but Garth is doing a stadium tour and playing at Neyland on Nov. 16. Just seems like it would make sense

Reactions: drxman1
I later realized Combs is playing in Rupp next year. I doubt he’s doing Rupp and Kroger Field less than 6 months apart.

Still think he’s the secret concert though because the opening act is on his tour.

Reactions: drxman1
I don’t think Luke Combs or Drake could fill a stadium in Lexington, ky. And I’m not sure why they’d have a concert there for the first time ever if it was gonna just be half used. My guess is Kenny Chesney or Garth.

a54144a7-e349-4a5f-bd8a-d50f56869186-VPC_JLO_AND_SHAKIRA_PERFORM_AT_HALFTIME_SHOW_DESK_THUMB.jpg

How bout this earth shattering news? Gonna be a lot of CTE of the penis during this year’s SB halftime performance.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I don’t think Luke Combs or Drake could fill a stadium in Lexington, ky. And I’m not sure why they’d have a concert there for the first time ever if it was gonna just be half used. My guess is Kenny Chesney or Garth.

Hearing Stapleton for stadium.

Reactions: jayroon
-Had the last week off randomly, back to work today finally.

-Really pulling for you guys to figure who the concert is, pins and needles gang.

-Life cereal with peanut butter. #caseclosed

-Still mad @catholic_back for his rude comment yesterday. Let’s have a shirt off BRO! Or hit up my IG where I wear speedos and kiss hot girls on boats, loser. Dudes probably 220 and looks like a fat Gumby. #chomp

And boat, smh, we’ve always been cool and you have the audacity to like his post? Unbelievable. The last time you did a squat was when you dropped your half-eaten snickers bar in the break room next to a bunch of fat nurses shoving pizza down their throats and winked at them and said, “5 second rule, am I right?”

Based on empirical evidence of recent posts here and in other threads I've formed the opinion that rogue is about to go full on Michael Douglas in Falling Down. Look out Key West.

My bench/squat/deadlift has slowly regressed over the last 10 years, but I eat much healthier and look better than ever. As I approach 40 my main goal is to not hurt myself when I hit the gym.

Reactions: roguemocha
Yea I mean at 37 cholesterol levels are the new bench press.

Tell you jimmies something though, a jaunt down to the Holy City for a couple days before heading to Columbia Friday afternoon for the ballgame is just a great call. Have wanted to do this for years and finally pulled it off.

Recommended.

Reactions: MaxPowerrr
I like to think I'm very rarely "I don't even know who/what that is" guy, but I have never heard the name Luke Combs before GYERO the past couple of days. And he sold out Rupp faster than Garth/McCartney/etc.??

Does this make me an old now?
Buddy, when it hits it hits in a hurry. I don't understand half the shit my kids talk about these days.

Luke Combs sold out Rupp in less than 30 minutes. Fastest concert sell out in Rupp history.

Add ticket sales to the long list of things that UKO is clueless about.

Except he really didn't "sell out" Rupp Arena....he sold out the part of the arena he is using. Garth used the entire arena, inc. behind the stage.

Hey, if you like Luke Combs then great. Tastes vary, and yours sucks.

I have been to 76 concerts the last 9 years...don't talk to me about ticket sales.

I've never really "gotten" the "how much can you bench" type guys. Does it really matter, at all? As long as you're personally progressing who gives a shit.

Chris Long had a great discussion about this on Rusillo the other day. Basically he sucks at the bench and his Pro Day reps were terrible (he milked a thumb injury to get out of it). Tall guy, long arms...that kind of thing. It's not a football skill and ultimately didn't affect his draft status...1st Round, 2nd Overall.

Last edited:
Since I got my new car over a year ago, I never listen to the radio. Like I don’t even know how to work it. All podcasts and Spotify. Thus, I have no clue what the hits are pop or country. Didn’t even know what Old Town Road was until Cricket posted about it.

Reactions: roguemocha
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT