ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gran’s inability to consistently get the ball in Bowden’s hands is enough for me to lose confidence. Running a jet-sweep is just lazy.....

This guy has a transcendent talent, and is going to squander it because he can’t develop a decent scheme to give him the ball in space to make a play.

Reactions: krazykats
Other than the pass he skipped the ball looks much better coming out of his hand this year. Yes, he has been off target a few times but overall I see improvement. His running though...... IMO.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Square_D_6951a_250x250.png

Reactions: 80 Proof
After the first drive the defense looked much better- I thought offensively we actually showed a lot of positives. WIlson missed some throws, which he's probably going to do all year- but he made some too and took some easy throws.

Obviously it wasnt the cleanest, prettiest game- and maybe the score was more lopsided than it shouldve been- but i'm not mad at that effort at all in week 1. (except for the targeting rule)

* Generally a pretty solid game from the Cats after the 1Q.

* Defense settled in and starting eating up Toledo in the trenches. DBs still suspect, but you can tell the talent is there to make things happen - just need some consistency.

* Eddie Gran’s play-calling is mind-numbing. It’s clear we have the weapons to spread the field and sling the rock around, but he can’t help but revert to the ground game. Sorry bub, but Benny Snell ain’t walking through that door.

* WRs —> :eyes: Have to love the way they attack the ball in the air and come down with tough catches. Hope they can keep it up.

* Rose and Smoke will be a good two-headed monster in the backfield. Rodriguez needs to protect the rock if he wants to see the field.

* Get to sit back, drink some IPAs, and enjoy the rest of the slate of football games. #winning

Recruiting is showing its teeth now. Depth won that game. Just wore them out.

Mr. Square is probably going to be my favorite player.

Bowden wasn’t right today. Hope he ain’t hurt. Just seemed slower and a little disinterested. Good final couple of series so hopefully it was just crippling cramps.

Terry is going to be fine, I think. Have to trust him.

Kash May want to tone it down some. If you’re going to be to be the “emotional” leader/tough guy, how about not waving on a couple of tackles. Almost looked like he pulled up in a couple of big hit chances. Not a great look in my opinion, imo.

They don’t want that Kavoisey SMOKE (there you go, Throwboys!)

WIlson missed some throws, which he's probably going to do all year- but he made some too and took some easy throws.

I think he's just going to one of those guys who are uber talented but kind of frustrating. Seems like a great kid and is probably the best QB we've had since Woodson. Maybe better.

Reactions: Kennedy_UK
UT losing at home in the 4th quarter to a GSU team that was 2-10 and picked to finish last in their conference?

Rocky Tops looks awful, I think by the time that we play them, if we can keep improving, it could be a U.K. double digit victory, ala our win in the Swamp last year.

I’ve been waiting all my life to really smash UT, a double digit win over that shitty orange team would be a good way to finish the SEC schedule.

After today, it looks like 2nd place in the SEC East is totally up for grabs. Maybe Vandy can show us some kinks in UGA’s armor. We play 2 of the lesser SECW teams this year, is it possible to finish 2nd, if Wilson can improve, I think we have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT