ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
My one fear is that if RP falls and they clean house, UL could be one of the few programs that could draw Gregg Marshall out of Wichita. Power conference, fan base, tons of history, facilities, recent success, and cash. I think there are only a dozen schools that could do it, but UL might be one of them.
We should all share this concern.

My one fear is that if RP falls and they clean house, UL could be one of the few programs that could draw Gregg Marshall out of Wichita. Power conference, fan base, tons of history, facilities, recent success, and cash. I think there are only a dozen schools that could do it, but UL might be one of them.

Greg Marshall isn't going to a school on probation with a tournament ban.

Really, really don't think Marshall gives two shits about cleaning up the cum stained sheets that Pitino so effectively soiled.

Reactions: bradyjames
The same ego pitch that C.M. Newton used to bring Pitino to a probation-era UK is the same ego pitch that Jurich(assuming he's still around) would make to Marshall.

You're the guy who can bring us out of this, rebuild our program, and establish your legacy here forever....

I'm not saying Marshall would take it, but I guarantee he'd take it as seriously as any school that's approached him so far.

Did you know...

Mark Zuckerburg, CEO of Facebook, invited 5 people to his Harvard dorm room 9 years ago for a business opportunity. Only 2 people showed up, and decided they wanted in.

Today those 2 people are:
1. Dustin Moskovitz (N.W. 9.9 Billlion)
2. Eduardo Saverin (N.W. 5.8 Billion)

When opportunity knocks, you can’t say “come back later”.

I wonder where the other 3 are now! ⁉ Where do you want to be in 9 years? Where do you want to be in 9 months?

Join my It WORKS! team and don't wonder where you'll be in 9 years.

The same ego pitch that C.M. Newton used to bring Pitino to a probation-era UK is the same ego pitch that Jurich(assuming he's still around) would make to Marshall.

You're the guy who can bring us out of this, rebuild our program, and establish your legacy here forever....

I'm not saying Marshall would take it, but I guarantee he'd take it as seriously as any school that's approached him so far.

Couldn't possibly disagree more. And I hate you for having an opinion that is different than mine. Good day, sir.

I WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE REAL ISSUE- RICK IS GOING TO HAVE CANCER IN 2 YEARS. MY BROTHER GOT CANCER AND I HAVE READ A STUDY THAT 2 YEARS AFTER YOU F*CK UP ROYALLY AT YOUR JOB AND GET BUSTED GOD SHOOTS YOU FULL OF HORRIBLE TERRIBLE CANCER. ALL YOU UK FANS ARE DESPICABLE FOR WISHING CANCER ON THIS MAN
- Bob valvano once an hour every hour since Monday

Well the Penn State scandal did kill Joe Pa

UofL fans suggesting a self-imposed one year post season ban reminds me of when as a kid I'd suggest my own punishments when in trouble with my parents.

"I know I was bad so I mean no TV after 9:30 and I have to take the trash out for the next 2 weeks. I've really learned my lesson and I'm sorry."

Rick getting pissy that Terry asked him if he'd resign. :joy:

Waiting for the 9/11 reference.

Pitino made it damned clear that he's not resigning under any circumstances. Could get really ugly over there if that's the position he's taking.

Really throwing McGee under the bus. Backing up over him and spinning the wheels on top of his corpse.

Despite his history of banging skanks in a restaurant, I am finding it harder to believe that Rick knew.

Of course, he will never fall on his own sword and take that much responsibility as Head of the program.

Reactions: jayroon
Props to Meiner, asking real questions.

Yes, at this point Pitino absolutely knows this happened.

I think we are beginning to see the first cracks in the dam of the Ramsey/Jurich/Pitino relationship. Pitino seemed a little upset during that interview that Ramsey backed Jurich, but not Pitino in that letter.

Reactions: Strokin_Bandit
He's a pro, and yes that's his job, but Terry Meiners pretty much went all in on his good friend just there. Damn.

You could tell it was extremely difficult for him, especially in the beginning...but he didn't flinch with anything. Good stuff.

...you can tell Pitino knows it's bad, and he even slipped and said Andre told him "something" -- like he feels he minimized it, but admitted to at least some form of shenanigans.

-I've seen a Few Good Men several times (b/c we studied it in Theater at UK), and that scene at least 50 times. I mean, it's on TV as much as COPS. Classic.

Yeah, I'm sure McGee's responsibilities included greasing the wheels of recruiting during campus visits and Pitino signed off on that. What he's really pissed off about is how McGee could be that damned stupid and risk the whole operation on $100 street whores. Of course, when the guy at the top of the pyramid set an example by having sex on a table in a public restaurant with his mistress, it's easy to see where McGee got confused on what exactly was considered acceptable.

After listening to that interview if I'm Tomma, Pres Ramsey, or UL's legal squad my first call would be to Rick and tell him shut his damn mouth. He basically admitted whatever Andre told him was a lie and he was behind everything that went on.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Loved after saying for days he hasn't talked/contacted him other than one phone call, he throws in "I texted Andre and told him no matter what, to tell the TRUTH...and I kept it"

Ha. Which translates to "Andre is guilty, I had nothing to do with it, and I want nothing to do with this going forward and I have proof!! that I encouraged the right thing during all this"

Reactions: HHKAT and jayroon
The finger pointing and blame game has begun on Floyd St. I don't know if Rick was trying to get out in front of it with this interview but once that starts the bow will break and the cradle will fall

It's odd that those sort of shenanigans wouldn't help recruiting, in fact they would hurt it, and that's obvious, and anyone with half a brain would know that...

...and also this sort of thing happens everywhere.

Reactions: jayroon
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT