ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't fathom Hagans leaving for the NBA. Seriously - what does he offer a pro team right now? He needs to shoot about a thousand jumpers/floaters per day for the next five months and then come back and show he can lead a team.

Anth,

-we did a guided boat trip to morris island to check out the lighthouse/hunt for shells and artifacts (found some good stuff: starfish/sanddollars/conch/bits of native pottery and a huge shark tooth). Up close to dolphin on the ride out. Our guide was awesome. Ill shoot you the info tonight.

-food: xaio bao biscuit was *really* good. For seafood/raw bar do 167 raw, tiny and incredible. Edmund's oast...solid/interesting food and the mrs enjoyed their house porter. All are in Charleston proper.

-drinks: doar bros. I had soda w/lime, but the mrs had a couple nice drinks. Proprietors are really good dudes and *love* what they do.

Well, I hope he's interested in f***ing Qatar - because that's where his ass will end up if he leaves now.

I'm in a terrible mood.

I could tell him some nice spots there. The Fox sports bar will give you two beers/24 hours.

Overall, the game was pretty good. Agree that Tech jacked up a 3 when it looked like he had a lane to drive and they steal it in regulation. Better luck next time.

Gonna head down to the lake and take the boat for a spin today.

Golf tomorrow anyone?

-If the NBA is good with starting its Finals games precisely at 9:00 p.m., there's absolutely no reason why that game needed to start at 9:20 p.m. Ridiculous.

-Made this point during Saturday's games....it's not just Grant Hill that's bad. It's three-man booths in general. I legitimately can't think of a single three-man booth(outside of the early years of "MNF") that worked. It's ridiculous.

-Same note....touched on this with JDrum on Twitter, but CBS' announcer bench, as it pertains to analysts, is really, really weak. Love Raft, but behind him, there isn't a single quality analyst. Will Perdue on the Westwood One radio broadcasts is arguably better than any of them. But CBS has been wheeling out the same stiffs for 30 years. Literally, Spanarkel, Bonner, Elmore, etc. have been in that seat since the 80's.

-Made the mistake of reading all the "Way Too Early Top 25" polls this morning. Pointless, but it takes about 24-48 hours for me to transition away from hoops and on to other things. Twitter's "bookmark" feature on the app is priceless. Tag articles and basically create your own sports page.

-FSH SNDWCH SZN

I'm confused by the Indiana only having one E8 thing. Is Chad saying that because that is how far we made it? They did play for the championship in 2002 somehow. I would think saying they've made one F4 would be more appropriate.

I'm confused by the Indiana only having one E8 thing. Is Chad saying that because that is how far we made it? They did play for the championship in 2002 somehow. I would think saying they've made one F4 would be more appropriate.
I took it as he was making the point that they have advanced past the Sweet 16 only once in that time. Saying they have made one FF doesn’t really convey that.

To disrespect poultry like that...it's astonishing, and he certainly would've been banned on all the social sites.

Not only the fried chicken comment but as he walked away he turned around and said "or collard greens or whatever the hell they serve." He also kept referring to him as a little boy.

If that happened today, Fuzzy might literally have been murdered.

Not only the fried chicken comment but as he walked away he turned around and said "or collard greens or whatever the hell they serve." He also kept referring to him as a little boy.

If that happened today, Fuzzy might literally have been murdered.

In 2013: "We'll have him 'round every night,'' Garcia said, according to multiple media reports. "We will serve fried chicken.''

Would have been more than fine with someone murdering Garcia. Still can't believe people started to like him again after he won the Masters.

The NCAA tournament is starting to look more like the NBA playoffs, with teams playing progressively smaller the deeper they advance. The Warriors are the most notable example of this trend: They hold their best lineups—with Draymond Green and Kevin Durant at the 5—in reserve until they really need them in May and June. Their traditional big men play more in the regular season to prevent their smaller frontcourt players from putting too many miles on their body in less important games. All four teams in last year’s Final Four played NBA-style offenses that spread the floor with shooters. The best NCAA defenses have had to adjust.

https://www.theringer.com/march-mad...8/virginia-texas-tech-championship-small-ball

Reactions: Hankshaker
In Fuzzy's defense, he did later come out and say he was a few drinks into happy hour already when that quick interview took place.

God, I love golf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT