ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have friends that are die hard Auburn fans. They drove to the game and are beyond excited to be going to the final four. Their excitement is a small bright spot. The rare Auburn basketball fan, but they are Kentucky natives so I guess that explains the interest in basketball.

Duke lost.

Hahahaha! Duke lost!
It is both wonderful and bittersweet. Oh what could have been.

In favor of a new GYERO. Yes, this is the longest running GYERO in history, but it doesn’t have the best basketball track record. Burn it down and start over.

I wanted Cal when we got the psycho BCG. I was beyond thrilled when we did get him. I still believe in him and I hope he retires here, but I am also way over his entitled children, and stubborn habits. Could someone just give him a loud wake up call?

Sad, but now just hoping for Auburn to take home the prize. SEC.

When is the spring game?

I liked this post JUST SO I could unlike it.

Auburn fans' excitement is a small bright spot?

Save that shitpost for after the Derby. FOH.

I'm not surprised this is YOUR takeaway.

Don't overcomplicate things. UK lost yesterday and last year to Kansas St. because of PJ Washington's poor free throw shooting. He went 8-20 last year and 6-11 yesterday. If he makes one more free throw yesterday in regulation, nobody's complaining about Cal's system or Hagans' bad game.

So many shit takes in one post.

Is this Cayts75 alt account?

My overly simplistic comparison is whether Herro's all-around game is as developed as Donte DiVincenzo's game was when he made the jump last year? Before his injury, DiVincenzo was averaging 4.9ppg on 15.2mpg. Not exactly getting a ton of run behind Brogdon...

While I think Herro easily has more upside than somebody like DiVicenzo, the fact reamins 6-5 SGs are a dime a dozen in the NBA, and arguably the deepest position group across the NBA. I just don't see NBA execs falling over themselves to take a supposed "pure shooter" who shot 35.5% 3FGA in the high 1st round.

Appreciate this recycled take. wildcatch....i mean, UK Kennedy

I was banned from pranks when I told called my grandma (RIP) 5 minutes from her condo and that I accidentally drove off the Howard Frankland bring going into St. Pete. Before I could even tell her I was kidding, she had hung up and the line was busy when I called back because she was calling the police to go help me. They called me back, I told them it was a horrible misunderstanding and by that time I had arrived at her condo. So doubling down, I told them she was off her meds and that was the first time she cussed in front of me when she screamed "bullshit!" and ripped the phone from my hands and told the cops I'm an asshole grandson.

She was right. I felt terrible. But, I totally got her.

Rascal!! You take it easy on the next one!!

The 'every take is extreme' world is frustrating. An overreaction and then an overreaction to that overreaction. In-game redass aside, many posters here are reasonable. As it turns out, we can want our coaching staff to:

- adapt and perhaps run some different sets
- emphasize outside shooting to a larger degree
- use our full scholarship allocation, potentially adding players that could grow over multiple years in the program
- be more consistent in our messaging to players and rotations used in game situations
- place adequate importance on team success while promoting the message of 'players first'
- use an occasional time-out to calm the team, allow them to catch their breath and perhaps draw up a play
- etc

While at the same time:

- not want our coach to leave or retire
- acknowledge that we consistently recruit and sign some of the most skilled players in the country
- not begrudge any player that can become an instant millionaire by leaving early

We are a nick Richards / EJ improvement from being really good again next year. Cal needs a big man that can protect the rim and not let sub 6 footers get uncontested layups

Reactions: Col. Angus
No more "state of the union" addresses at BBM, please. The first five were cute, but let's dial it back, K?

I DREAM NOT OF WINS AND LOSSES, BUT ENDING GENERATIONAL POVERTY WHILE SITTING MY FATASS IN THE RECLINER EATING EXPENSIVE STEAKS AND WATCHING THE ALASKAN BUSH PEOPLE!!!! (ALSO BEING AN AMBASSADOR)

*rupp blows the roof off the mfer*

Reactions: jayroon
There's at least a twenty percent chance that Calipari told his lawyer and/or agent to ask Mitch for a contract that paid his estate for ten years after he died just so Mitch could aw shucks his way into signing a "lifetime" contract, imo.

Anyway, sign me up for Calipari coaching UK in perpetuity. Even when the portly wop is irritating, he's still the best there is. Kind of a gentrified Billy Joe Wildcat, to be honest.

:cool2:

Successful and popular ex-coaches hanging around the program is usually not a great thing imo. Comparisons and looming shadow and whatnot.

We are a nick Richards / EJ improvement from being really good again next year. Cal needs a big man that can protect the rim and not let sub 6 footers get uncontested layups

I expect major improvement from EJ next season (assuming he’s back), but losing Washington and Travis will be devastating. I’m not sure BBN has fully realized the potential impact of that yet.

We need this Sestina dude from Bucknell in a big way.

giphy.gif

What would it hurt to take the best player in the state at least every other year? We never use those scholarships, it gets BJWs dick hard, and it helps bring kentucky kid intensity (minus Derek Willis) to the team.

Also, we could have had Tandy AND Allen this class.

No we could not have had Tandy. His daddy said, and i quote "he aint no four year bench player." Tandy was not willing to come here and wait his turn, his dad knew there would be guards ahead of Ky Ky in the pecking order. But i guess we could have if Cal promised him he would start. Allen was willing to do that, Tandy wanted to be a star from the jump.

Reactions: BristolCat
No we could not have had Tandy. His daddy said, and i quote "he aint no four year bench player." Tandy was not willing to come here and wait his turn, his dad knew there would be guards ahead of Ky Ky in the pecking order. But i guess we could have if Cal promised him he would start. Allen was willing to do that, Tandy wanted to be a star from the jump.
No kids dad in the world wants his kid to come and be a bench player. He is better than Dom Hawkins was as high school senior and would have came to kentucky if offered. I think we got the best of the two but they weren’t exclusive

I think the days of uber talented KY kids willing to sit the bench and play limited support roles may be over. Different generation now...

Off Season Randos:

-KC was ok, but not what I expected, at all. Figured it was a clean, new, smaller version of Denver. Airport was the worst I've ever been in, I guess it's being replaced. Downtown was decent. That Plaza area looked to be the place to go. I'll give it an overall c+, I'm fine without ever going back.

-Wanted to get over to the Negro League Museum and just never made it. Did hit up the College Basketball Experience which we all agreed would've been amazing for a 12 year old but was not good for an adult.

-Happy to not be cheering against any team in the F4. Always made worse when UL, KU, UNC or Duke are there to add to the misery.

-The Herros love to booze. The whole clan was at the bar as much or more than The Beans.

-Not going back and reading, if it's anything like the little bit of twitter I saw, no f-ing thanks.

-Guards, need elite or very good experienced guards in March. The rest is overthinking it.

-I think we lose the starters, keep the rest, add a transfer and a 2020 big.

-"Is John Calipari's job in jeopardy?" [eyeroll]

-Watched Instant Family on the flight, how did Booker get Marky Mark to play his role? Talk about unrealistic.

-Not saying I'm happy about losing but not a bad consolation to be home with nothing to do all weekend. Also, I'm just not going to be sad when the days are getting longer and 75 degree days are in the forecast.

-Masters, Keeneland, Derby, Summer, Vegas :raised_hands:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT